More controls for Hardware OGL

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by imashination: Which dot? If I clone up a cube, theres no extra dots visible from the cloner

try a honeycomb array with a small cube in it. You'll see it.

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by JoelDubin: I think the best you can do is change the color of the dot via the "use color > display color" settings in the basic tab to a color that has less contrast with the enviro. If there is a way to get rid of the dot I'd like to know as well.

I've also had issues with deformers that are set to invisible in the falloff settings still being visible in the viewport when they are in the hierarchy of a render instance. In those cases you have to turn off the deformers visibility using the top red dot. Not terrible but took awhile to figure out why they were still visible.
That's a great idea. But it would be great to be rid of it.

1 Week Ago
you can use the viewport/render controls (dots) in the Object Manager to hide that dot.

Set the cloner's visibility to red and the objects to be cloned to green

1 Week Ago
it would be nice if there where just an option to not render any clutter. one switch. That is the first thing I needed in R19. Way too much flapping around trying to achieve what should be an obvious state/goal. My first thought was, make a plugin, but I should not need to.

Paul

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by tapaul: it would be nice if there where just an option to not render any clutter. one switch. That is the first thing I needed in R19. Way too much flapping around trying to achieve what should be an obvious state/goal. My first thought was, make a plugin, but I should not need to.

Paul
Yup. That would indeed be nice. For some work the Hardware render is sufficient for quick turn around.

reply share thread