X-Particles 4 - Release 5th Dec, more info

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

10 October 2017
I'm looking for the page where i can unlock my license, but cannot find it.
Must be blind?

Kind regards, robert

EDIT: Ok found it...its a dropdown menu...

Last edited by Robert Glotzbach : 10 October 2017 at 01:46 PM.

10 October 2017
Also waiting for email, nothing yet...

This is earlier in this thread: "if for some reason, you do not receive an email by October 13th, please contact offers@insydium.com quote your name and X-Particles serial number and we will get back to you with your exclusive offer."

Regards, r

10 October 2017
Episode 3 - xpSplineFlow, X-Particles 4 Sneak Peek

xpSplineFlow enables you to create organic, dynamic, smooth flowing particles along a Spline. Animate the Spline by keyframes or deformers, xpSplineFlow updates in real time. Creating natural flowing realistic simulations has never been this easy.
For more information about X-Particles 4, please visit http://insydium.com/x-particles-4-new-features/

4 Weeks Ago
how does upgrading work? Do I get a new serial or my serial number is updated automatically? I ask because I dont check my mail often and if the new serial arrives sometime betwen today and december 5th, thats a lot of mails I have to search for.
Former gf: XSI

4 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by luisRiera: how does upgrading work? Do I get a new serial or my serial number is updated automatically? I ask because I dont check my mail often and if the new serial arrives sometime betwen today and december 5th, thats a lot of mails I have to search for.

You could probably just run a search through your mail for "INSYDIUM"; then you'd have only a handful to look through.

4 Weeks Ago
I upgraded my license yesterday, bought the package with Cycles for a reduced price.
Five minutes later, i received a mesage with a download link plus serial for Cycles and a separate mail saying that the serial and linknk would be send out within 28 days.

Regards, robert

4 Weeks Ago
Episode 4 – xpCirclePacker & xpCellAuto, X-Particles 4 – Release 5th December

xpCirclePacker allows you to emit your particles while dynamically avoiding intersections. It works in unison with all Emission shapes, Surfaces, Volumes and Splines, enabling you to create beautiful animations.

The xpCellAuto object generates particles based on three different Cellular Automata Algorithms. Elementary, Game of Life and Diffusion-Limited Aggregation, each of these algorithms creates unique results from geometric, repetitive patterns to natural organic growth simulations.For more information about X-Particles 4, please visit http://insydium.com/x-particles-4-new-features/

4 Weeks Ago
Good grief, how many new features are there in this new release? I was already sold, but now I'm itching it get my hands on it. Awesome stuff. This is gonna run nicely on my new iMac Pro :-) Roll on December!

4 Weeks Ago
Circle Packer also works when particles use objects? For example trees.

4 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by Bullit: Circle Packer also works when particles use objects? For example trees.
Or any shapes other than circles?

4 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by Cometsoft: Or any shapes other than circles?
think the same way you have to with collisions. Sure you can use other shapes on the particles, however packing = filling space in a way that no penetration happens ,will always use a circular shape like collisions are calculated from spheres ...

3 Weeks Ago
I'm surprised we haven't seen any feature previews for the Pyro additions, which I thought would be the #1 advertised item.

3 Weeks Ago
Darth: at least four more I would guess. At a minimum they have not shown at least three big ticket items we know exist from their prior emails and IBC:

1. New liquid Fluids solver
2. New gaseous Fluids solver (reincarnation of ExplosiaFX)
3. OpenVDB mesher

Luke: they're probably saving the most impressive demos for last.
There are six Mondays left before December 5 by my count. So at the worst they'd go every other Monday over the next six weeks and show the three features above. But would not be surprised if the last three Mondays are the three noted above, and the next 3 weeks they show other features we don't know about yet. They showed all of the of current sneak-peak features at IBC except the Cell Auto I think, and Mario noted 'many other features' if i remember right. So seems like there's much yet to look forward to.

Definitely going to be a kick-ass release.

Last edited by Blinny : 3 Weeks Ago at 02:29 AM.

3 Weeks Ago
IBC videos are in Maxon youtube channel btw.

Edit: a question regarding that, what was the Mario laptop hardware?

Last edited by Bullit : 3 Weeks Ago at 02:49 PM.

3 Weeks Ago
Mario  was using a Razor Blade Pro for the presentations.

reply share thread