X-Particles 4 - Release 5th Dec, more info

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by vel0city: Just received a 50% early bird upgrade discount from 3.5 > 4.0,†£110 ex-VAT. Great price. Now I can look forward to spending my Christmas holiday rendering particles.
You're lucky mine arrived this morning with only a 15% discount.

1 Week Ago
Yeah, the discount seems to be based on when you first purchased XP. My discount is for 25%, and the email made reference to me being a customer since XP 2.†

So, including the reduced cost to unlock my license, the full discounted upgrade cost for me is£195.

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by LukeLetellier: Yeah, the discount seems to be based on when you first purchased XP. My discount is for 25%, and the email made reference to me being a customer since XP 2.†

So, including the reduced cost to unlock my license, the full discounted upgrade cost for me is£195.
I'm on unlocked already, so the price comes to†£187 with the 15% coupon.

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by Cometsoft: You're lucky mine arrived this morning with only a 15% discount.

My original license was for 3.0 floating which I upgraded to 3.5, just to clarify.

1 Week Ago
really? I just got a 15% early bird offer to upgrade

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by LukeLetellier: Yeah, the discount seems to be based on when you first purchased XP. My discount is for 25%, and the email made reference to me being a customer since XP 2.†

In the same boat. Not a bad deal at all from what I've seen so far. Once i clear a few major expenses off the decks, XP4 and Merry Christmas to me.

1 Week Ago
How will the cloth compare to the C4D cloth?† Is it for more motion graphics scenes. Or can it be used for production use for a character cloth or like a car getting dent by cloth sim.
How will it compare with maya cloth? If its anything like ncloth in Maya I'm so down to get this new upgrade.

How will the fluids compare to Turbulence4D?† Or Fume Fx. What limitations will it have? I'm hoping It doesn't have a lot of limitations. I'm hoping it can be production ready by mid 2018., and I'm not just talking about motions graphics type of projects. I'm talking about vfx ready.

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by FMA: How will the cloth compare to the C4D cloth?† Is it for more motion graphics scenes. Or can it be used for production use for a character cloth or like a car getting dent by cloth sim.
How will it compare with maya cloth? If its anything like ncloth in Maya I'm so down to get this new upgrade.

How will the fluids compare to Turbulence4D?† Or Fume Fx. What limitations will it have? I'm hoping It doesn't have a lot of limitations. I'm hoping it can be production ready by mid 2018., and I'm not just talking about motions graphics type of projects. I'm talking about vfx ready.
You can see some of the gaseous fluid capabilities in the IBC demo on their vimeo channel. A more detailed sneak-peak is likely to be shared the next few weeks. You can also look at the former product called Explosia, which is what their new module is based upon. From what I've seen, I will not be renewing my license for TFD, and at least one or two others here have said similar things in other threads, if it's any help. Not that TFD is bad just isn't developed as quickly and isn't as tightly integrated as a built-in gaseous fluids module obviously.†

Their new Fluid FX module has not been shown yet. It is probably the last thing they will show prior to December 5. Best for last and all that.

Last edited by Blinny : 1 Week Ago at 01:58 AM.

1 Week Ago
Thank you Blinny for the long and detailed reply.

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by FMA: How will the cloth compare to the C4D cloth?† Is it for more motion graphics scenes. Or can it be used for production use for a character cloth or like a car getting dent by cloth sim. How will it compare with maya cloth? If its anything like ncloth in Maya I'm so down to get this new upgrade.

You mean using cloth material properties to make it work like a car metal body† being possible to be bent by an object or other car in an accident and not returning to the initial shape ? Yes that is a good question.† It is possible to do that with Max cloth.

1 Week Ago
I think it's possible to do that already with xPdeformer in XP3.5.

You can already do soft body collision and drive a mesh with it.

1 Week Ago
Ok. Also from tutorials i have seen think it might be done with C4D sofbodies too.

1 Week Ago
Hmm still no early bird offer here.

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by lancemoody: Hmm still no early bird offer here.
All early bird mails have gone out, it is possible we have an old e-mail address or spam got it. Please see:

http://insydium.com/x-particles-4-new-features/

or our social media.

It details what to do to get your discount, these have been split depending on the original XP version you purchased and offer an additional early discount on the upgrade price which is already 60% off the full X-Particles 4 price.

HTH.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy, am I or are the others crazy?

1 Week Ago
Also waiting for email, nothing yet...

reply share thread