X-Particles 4 - Release 5th Dec, more info

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by E2GO: Hello. I've upgraded my license tomorrow to unlocked and see now license manager without any notification of license type. Is it unlocked already or it's not yet?
Unlocked, otherwise it would look like the image I posted that shows what C4D serials it was used (locked) with. If you have any doubt/questions please contact our sales or tech support about your license. HTH.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy, am I or are the others crazy?

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by luisRiera: Question>  Any plans for Explosia FX to be supported by Arnold / Redshift as well as Cycles? I guess it depends of you guys too, so thats why im asking (currently RS doesnt support xp volume rendering)
Support by render engines has to be done by the render engine developers, I'm afraid you would need to ask them.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy, am I or are the others crazy?

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by obeardy: Support by render engines has to be done by the render engine developers, I'm afraid you would need to ask them.

Oh come one. You know you can answer that to some degree.

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by obeardy: Unlocked, otherwise it would look like the image I posted that shows what C4D serials it was used (locked) with. If you have any doubt/questions please contact our sales or tech support about your license. HTH.
Thanks for info! 

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by grrinc: Oh come one. You know you can answer that to some degree.
The answer is that we will work with the developers of other render engines who want to support XP. We already have done so with (I believe) the devs of Octane, Arnold and Vray. If they or other devs need help or info from us, of course we are willing to help, no question about that. But they have to want to support XP, we can't force them to do so. If you need to know what their plans are, you'll have to ask them - we can't answer for them. 

Steve

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by spedler: We already have done so with (I believe) the devs of Octane, Arnold and Vray.

Thank you for answering that 'to some degree' - every little nugget of info helps us make an informed purchase. The openness is appreciated.

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by LukeLetellier: That isn't entirely true; the price to upgrade right now is £220, but you'll be releasing an early bird discount code sometime soon that will reduce this price.
Yes, it is the impreciseness in the emails that is somewhat less than customers deserve (at least if they were my customers). 

2 Weeks Ago
Episode 2 - xpFlowField, X-Particles 4 – Release 5th December
The next chapter in particle control, with xpFlowField, the possibilities are endless. They can bemixed and layered to push directed particle effects to the next level.

For more information, please visit http://insydium.com/x-particles-4-new-features/
http://vimeo.com/236924826

2 Weeks Ago
Latest video embedded for convenience! Behold xpFlowField

2 Weeks Ago
Though we haven't see the full-on capabilities of the mesher or new fluids system yet, this is going to be a fan favorite I think. Looking forward to learning how to use it and ramping up the creativity to 11. Seems like there is a tonne you can do with this.

2 Weeks Ago
Can you bring in vector fields from FEA type solutions, say Solidworks Simulation, COMSOL, ANSYS? Alternatively, would it be possible to write your own vector field and use it with particles?

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by shetland: Can you bring in vector fields from FEA type solutions, say Solidworks Simulation, COMSOL, ANSYS? Alternatively, would it be possible to write your own vector field and use it with particles?

Guessing no to the first one. In my experience there's not much that can be shared between SolidWorks and other CAD / DCC apps beyond simple model import/export using xp formats and even then it's far from seamless. Even with the best translators out there it's not seamless.  I think it would have to be purpose-built and the reality is there are few of us who do anything with SolidWorks models, let alone field simulations. I dream of a day when there is one format and one physics engine to rule them all, making content sharing across apps a non-issue.

To the second one maybe that's something that can be put in as a feature request, basically requesting extensibility through Python since that's the language MAXON uses for extensibility.

2 Weeks Ago
Blinny, not the model data, but the vector fields used. Actually, I have to look, but other than plot, might not be something you could do in SW. But certainly in COMSOL, Matlab, etc - it should be possible ti export the vector data. Maybe xParticles 4 has some import container that can drive the fields? I have a thermal simulation Im about to do that would look much more interesting if done here in Cinema with xParticles & Cycles. 
Originally Posted by Blinny: Guessing no to the first one. In my experience there's not much that can be shared between SolidWorks and other CAD / DCC apps beyond simple model import/export using xp formats and even then it's far from seamless. Even with the best translators out there it's not seamless.  I think it would have to be purpose-built and the reality is there are few of us who do anything with SolidWorks models, let alone field simulations. I dream of a day when there is one format and one physics engine to rule them all, making content sharing across apps a non-issue.

To the second one maybe that's something that can be put in as a feature request, basically requesting extensibility through Python since that's the language MAXON uses for extensibility.

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by shetland: Blinny, not the model data, but the vector fields used. Actually, I have to look, but other than plot, might not be something you could do in SW. But certainly in COMSOL, Matlab, etc - it should be possible ti export the vector data. Maybe xParticles 4 has some import container that can drive the fields? I have a thermal simulation Im about to do that would look much more interesting if done here in Cinema with xParticles & Cycles. 
I understand you're not asking about model data. My point was SolidWorks likes to do things their own way and lock you into their solutions whether it's modeling, simulation, documentation, whatever. So using the example of simple model sharing (which is not easily accomplished) it seemed doubtful to me that any type of simulation data coming from SW could be share-friendly with C4D. That said, no idea about Matlab or whether Insydium would be willing to build an import container like the one you describe. But it would be pretty cool if you could import scientific simulation data, yes. Wind tunnel, thermal systems, whatever.

2 Weeks Ago
Just received a 50% early bird upgrade discount from 3.5 > 4.0, £110 ex-VAT. Great price. Now I can look forward to spending my Christmas holiday rendering particles.

reply share thread