X-Particles 4 - Release 5th Dec, more info

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

2 Weeks Ago
I heard something to the effect of XP 4 will not work with locked licenses; that may be the reason for the unlock message.

2 Weeks Ago
Yeah, the unlock requirement is a bit annoying. 

2 Weeks Ago
Removed question because I answered it myself.   

I was asking about the locked vs. unlocked.   I bought XP at 3.5, so I already have an unlocked license.

Last edited by interactiveBoy : 2 Weeks Ago at 12:35 AM.

2 Weeks Ago
whats the difference between locked and unlocked?
Former gf: XSI

2 Weeks Ago
There seems to be some misunderstanding over the licensing of X-Particles. There has not been a Locked version since X-Particles 3.5, this license type was a relic from X-Particles 2. X-Particles 3.5 and Cycles 4D licenses are a 'floating' license, they are not tied to Cinema 4D or any computer.

All X-Particles 4 Licenses will be Unlocked as were all new X-Particles 3.5 licenses. We are offering this promotion as the last chance to move licenses to the Unlocked (Floating) system before it ends with X-Particles 4. Users remaining on X-Particles 3.5 who will never need to use X-Particles with other Cinema 4D serials can continue to use their Locked license, we are not forcing anyone to change.

Once the Locked to Unlocked option is no longer available in December, there will be a combined upgrade path from a Locked X-Particles 3.5 to X-Particles 4. Customers who chose to buy a Locked License paid a reduced rate for their License.

If you intend to upgrade to X-Particles 4, the cheapest way to do this is to take advantage of the reduced price to Unlock and then upgrade to X-Particles 4 whenever you wish.

I hope this helps.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy, am I or are the others crazy?

2 Weeks Ago
How do I figure if I have a locked or unlocked license then? I honestly can't remember... I have 3.5 and there's a License manager whiche apparently allows me to "release" the license from my machine... so I would think it's "floating" already, but I received this email saying I need to unlock to be eligible to XP4...

I think I just discovered the "xP Confused" modifier...

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by EricM: How do I figure if I have a locked or unlocked license then? I honestly can't remember... I have 3.5 and there's a License manager whiche apparently allows me to "release" the license from my machine... so I would think it's "floating" already, but I received this email saying I need to unlock to be eligible to XP4...

I think I just discovered the "xP Confused" modifier...
Everyone that received the e-mail has a Locked license, however, you make a very valid point that I'm surprised has never come up. The License Manager in X-Particles says nothing about the license type, only where it is in use. So I've just quickly changed this so everyone can easily check their license type. If in any doubt you can always contact our sales, also, our automated system would not process an incorrect order (unlocking and already unlocked license) and our sales would refund it.

So if you have a locked license, the license manager now looks like this:

I hope this helps.

2 Weeks Ago
How will the cloth compare to the C4D cloth?  Is it for more motion graphics scenes. Or can it be used for production use for a character cloth or like a car getting dent by cloth sim.
How will it compare with maya cloth? If its anything like ncloth in Maya I'm so down to get this new upgrade.

How will the fluids compare to Turbulence4D?  Or Fume Fx. What limitations will it have? I'm hoping It doesn't have a lot of limitations. I'm hoping it can be production ready by mid 2018., and I'm not just talking about motions graphics type of projects. I'm talking about vfx ready.

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by obeardy: So if you have a locked license, the license manager now looks like this:

1) Damn, you're right... (it now says I need to unlock)
2) Damn, you're fast... (to implement new code)

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by obeardy: If you intend to upgrade to X-Particles 4, the cheapest way to do this is to take advantage of the reduced price to Unlock and then upgrade to X-Particles 4 whenever you wish.

That isn't entirely true; the price to upgrade right now is £220, but you'll be releasing an early bird discount code sometime soon that will reduce this price.

2 Weeks Ago
For those of us now discovering that we need to pay extra to upgrade to XP4 I was wondering if we need to take advantage of the unlocking discount now before early bird pricing is announced? Or will the same unlock discount still be around when you announce early bird XP4 pricing?

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by mikeh64: For those of us now discovering that we need to pay extra to upgrade to XP4 I was wondering if we need to take advantage of the unlocking discount now before early bird pricing is announced? Or will the same unlock discount still be around when you announce early bird XP4 pricing?
The Unlock discount is available until the end of November, early bird discounts will be announced shortly. So yes, you can wait but there is no path from a Locked X-Particles 3.5 license until X-Particles 4 is released (you can just Unlock + Upgrade). I hope that helps.

2 Weeks Ago
So basically unlock promotion + early bird upgrade will be less than leaving it locked and upgrading directly in December. Sounds like. It's a little screwy but whatever. A minor fee isn't the end of the world to get the license type synced up and qualify for early bird discount, for this magnitude of upgrade.

On with the sneak peeks!

2 Weeks Ago
Question>  Any plans for Explosia FX to be supported by Arnold / Redshift as well as Cycles? I guess it depends of you guys too, so thats why im asking (currently RS doesnt support xp volume rendering)
Former gf: XSI

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by obeardy: Everyone that received the e-mail has a Locked license, however, you make a very valid point that I'm surprised has never come up. The License Manager in X-Particles says nothing about the license type, only where it is in use. So I've just quickly changed this so everyone can easily check their license type. If in any doubt you can always contact our sales, also, our automated system would not process an incorrect order (unlocking and already unlocked license) and our sales would refund it.

So if you have a locked license, the license manager now looks like this:

I hope this helps.
Hello. I've upgraded my license tomorrow to unlocked and see now license manager without any notification of license type. Is it unlocked already or it's not yet? 

reply share thread