X-Particles 4 - Release 5th Dec, more info

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

10 October 2017
X-Particles 4 - Release 5th Dec, more info

Over the next few weeks, we'll be releasing sneak peek videos showcasing all the major new features of X-Particles 4.
If you visit http://insydium.uk/x-particles-4-new-features/ you’ll find information on the new features, pricing and FAQs. This information will be updated regularly.   Please take the time to watch our first Sneak Peek, created by Mike Batchelor -
Episode 1 - xpClothFX xpClothFX Dynamics system brings remarkably fast cloth simulations right into the X-Particles workflow.
http://vimeo.com/236289244
We hope you enjoy it, we're looking forward to sharing more with you over the next few weeks Thank you x

10 October 2017
Very cool!

Is it possible to sim character clothing with xpCloth or is it more aimed towards motion graphics work?

10 October 2017
Great to know!.. and please, keep up upgrading Cycles as well.  I hope we weill be able to  xpcache cloth sims.
Former gf: XSI

10 October 2017
All right, let the sneak peek fun begin. Glad we've got an official page and thread to check. Eagerly awaiting the early bird upgrade discount email. Wonder how Cycles will tie into that if you already own it. Assuming that upgrade cycle remains separate / no new version between now and Dec 5.

10 October 2017
I got a good deal on X-Particles for $300, but also purchased multiple seats for my department.
Personally I feel the upgrade cost is a little steep at $200.

Will there be any special deals for those who purchased in April 2017?

10 October 2017
Hello, we'll be sending out emails to all our customers offering Early Bird Discounts very soon. If for some reason, you do not receive an email by October 13th, please contact offers@insydium.com quote your name and X-Particles serial number and we will get back to you with your exclusive offer.

10 October 2017
Well, you get a whole new fluid, cloth and gazeous solver on top of the other upgrades.

Of course, one has to see how it compares to dedicated apps, but at 200€ (upgrade) it's the cost of Syflex (cloth only), it's a third of Realflow for C4D (liquid only), half of Trubulence FD (gaseous only), and it's about the same as the ANNUAL price of Houdini Indie (but without the steep curve or earnings limitations).

If it works as advertised, it's a good deal.

10 October 2017
Originally Posted by ThePriest: I got a good deal on X-Particles for $300, but also purchased multiple seats for my department.
Personally I feel the upgrade cost is a little steep at $200.

Will there be any special deals for those who purchased in April 2017?
Did you watch the sneak peak at IBC (on MAXON's YouTube page)?
£220 seems low to me for all of the new features they are adding.

10 October 2017
I'm curious to know f there will be some package deal like upgrading from 3,5 and a new license for Cycles.

10 October 2017
Yes, we will be offering an upgrade from 3.5 to 4 including a Cycles 4D License (Upgrade Cycles 4D Bundle) for £350 ex VAT. We will also be sending all our customers an email with details of our Early Bird Discounts very soon. Thank you

10 October 2017
If I have an educational license, can I upgrade as well?
Former gf: XSI

10 October 2017
It also appears that XP4 will only be for floating licences and that those of us with a locked license will have to pay an extra to move to unlocked license first...

At least that's what their email says.

10 October 2017
I'd like some clarification on this - it seems that a person with a locked license must first upgrade to an unlocked license simply to upgrade to XP4. If so it seems like I am paying for nothing if I don't need a floating license. Hmmm.

10 October 2017
Yes .... I am in shock about that too  , don't think that i need a floating license also.

10 October 2017
Originally Posted by geosautus: Very cool!

Is it possible to sim character clothing with xpCloth or is it more aimed towards motion graphics work?
It seems your question was missed, Id like to know the same thing with a production demo on this as Marvellous Designer.

Dan

reply share thread