Request your plugin, what are you missing inside C4D?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 1 Week Ago   #16
Has anyone made a good clouds plugin yet for good looking skies?  Infinite cloud planes, large puffy hero clouds for illustration and stills, etc.

There was ozone, which is being discontinued and only Vue Infinite will remain. Vue Inifinite is super expensive, and if the forums are any indication, very unstable and a bit slow.  
There are one or two C4d plugins for clouds that use pyrocluster, but pyrocluster only gets you so far.

I look at TrueSky for Unreal and Unity and am blown away by the appearance of the clouds, especially since they are real time.

Old 1 Week Ago   #17
I dont know if it can be solved using a plugin, but I would like a UNREAL exporter, that solves/automatize all the UV , smoothing issues

Last edited by curaremac : 1 Week Ago at 03:09 PM.

Old 1 Week Ago   #18
I buy a lot of plugins and the two worst purchases were Carbon Scatter and Ozone. E-on was always slow to update them to the latest version of C4D, they're slow, buggy, and E-on'-s insistence on using its own awful windowing system instead of C4D's made them painful to use. It's money down the drain, but I'm glad to see the back of them – now I can delete them and leave room for better software. 

Old 1 Week Ago   #19
Quote: I dont if it can be solve using a plugin, but i would like a UNREAL exporter, that solves/automatize all the UV , smoothing issues

Totally agree. The main reason I'm using Unity over Unreal is because import/export is transparent with Unity while I get smoothing errors with Unreal.

Old 1 Week Ago   #20
Originally Posted by EricM: "You make it sound like it is trivial,
 but I don't think dynamic motion synthesis 
AI is in the scope of a simple plugin though, 
and to my knowledge no other software
was able to offers the same toolset."

Indeed I am glad got my seat of endorphin before they vanished
Still while not as complete as Endorphin,  a poser user was able to use
Python and a free ODE engine to create quite a fun little ragdoll physics plugin
for poser that sold for $50 USD
everything in this 8 year old clip
was done with that old python plugin.

But short of that, its a shame that clothilde has been left to languish
as it has by maxon. 

Last edited by ThreeDDude : 1 Week Ago at 01:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 1 Week Ago   #21
Originally Posted by E2GO: 1. Up-to-date modern UV workflow.
2. Substance Painter Bridge.
3. Triplanar mapping
4. Better textures baking (Like at Marmoset Toolbag or Knald).

Maybe not a modern UV workflow, but for easier UV manipulation there is Seamilar: https://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/store/p...d-r16-17-18-sl/
As for Substance Painter, not sure if this is what you mean, but there was SPETI (R17) and now TINA (R18 and up): https://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/forums/...speti-and-tina/

Old 1 Week Ago   #22
The ability to cut/copy/paste points and polygons within the same or between different meshes. Haven't used Cinema much lately, so maybe there is a third party solution to it somewhere already? I just upgraded from R16 to R19. I'm pretty sure Maxon hasn't implemented that capability themselves.

Old 1 Week Ago   #23
Originally Posted by automat: A good tool to clean up CAD Data,  to remove duplicate polygons, weld verticies  that lays directly under the Surface (and not on the other side of the model.)

Seconded, and more specifically a more affordable and seamless way to convert SolidWorks models and assemblies into C4D scene files, than currently exist.

Old 1 Week Ago   #24
Originally Posted by BubblegumDimension: Has anyone made a good clouds plugin yet for good looking skies?  Infinite cloud planes, large puffy hero clouds for illustration and stills, etc.

There was ozone, which is being discontinued and only Vue Infinite will remain. Vue Inifinite is super expensive, and if the forums are any indication, very unstable and a bit slow.  
There are one or two C4d plugins for clouds that use pyrocluster, but pyrocluster only gets you so far.

I look at TrueSky for Unreal and Unity and am blown away by the appearance of the clouds, especially since they are real time.

Also seconded. I will skip the realistic bodies of water aspect on the hopes that RealFlowC4D continues to improve and eventually brings that capability with the plugin (I think it's still limited to relatively small surface areas being simulated). That or X-Particles may someday expand the scope of its fluid simulation scale.

Old 1 Week Ago   #25
Meshfusion like Modo
UV tools
Former gf: XSI

Old 1 Week Ago   #26
Originally Posted by Cf!: The ability to cut/copy/paste points and polygons within the same or between different meshes. Haven't used Cinema much lately, so maybe there is a third party solution to it somewhere already? I just upgraded from R16 to R19. I'm pretty sure Maxon hasn't implemented that capability themselves.
There used to be a plugin that accomplished this task years ago
but alas it was never updated to stay functional with the current C4D release.

Which frankly  demonstrates the broader problem of depending
on third party add-ons to give C4D the functionality that maxon considers
unimportant.

I appreciate the OP's intention, but honestly how many times have we 
seen really useful  third party plugins Dissappear for various reasons
including Death in the case of Cactus Dan.

I still run a very old version of C4D heavily enhanced with
many external plugins & apps Like realflow and Vray.
I use Iclone pro for Character motion creation and apply it to Daz genesis rigs
and use the third party Riptide pro plugin to import&manage the animated
meshes&MDD files from Daz studio.

Looking to the future I am likely to move to Houdini for a more
feature complet,e unified  core application.

Old 1 Week Ago   #27
Well i don't see any DCC application being developed at necessary pace unfortunately.
Houdini is full of holes - cloth, character, interface , and its real cost is increased several fold by its often unnecessary complexity. Time is money and life to be with friends and family. Maya is a mess, MAX is full of bugs and weak without a host of plugins, C4D has weak particle system, character and texture tools.
Except Blender that came from very far,  if had ease of use the damage to the current DCC market would already be major.

Old 1 Week Ago   #28
Something that helps manage the open project window. I always felt like this section was an afterthought.

Occasionally I'll have say 30 or so projects open, having just imported a bunch of individual objects; People, furniture etc.
It can be quicker for me to save my main project, shut down C4D and just re-open with my main projects. Vs going through and saying 'no' when a save prompt pops up.

Maybe a way to sort by name; Close projects that haven't been saved in 30mins.
Maybe a plugin that opens the project window with the option to quickly close or grab a number of projects I want to close.

Old 1 Week Ago   #29
I'd love to see something like Facebuilder or GeoTracker implemented inside C4D.

Old 1 Week Ago   #30
Something to make working in a team easier.

Maybe generate project from spreadsheet? Potentially we could then create multiple projects at once all with their own name, sequence in/out, render settings etc.

reply share thread