The R19 taps are open

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #31
In the UK here. Still no sign on my eportfolio. Just turn it on willya!?

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #32
I was told it was released in France yesterday too and that it would be in my e-portfolio "soon". But still nothing here.

I guess they still have to check some things manually or create batches to avoid killing the servers. Oh well...

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #33
Its working for us down under... well l've done the install and the updater is letting me DL 9GB of content material.so might want to wait til its ALL DL to make that statement.

The best thing is l wasn't really expecting that it would be available via the ePortfoli and also like September 1st, but seen rsquires post regarding some viewport bugs and went WTF he must of DL it from ePortfolio. 

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #34
Still nothing here...

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #35
Italy still nothing  

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #36
And  still nothing here!

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #37
What makes it worse is that on the 2nd I received an email from Maxon saying 'Cinema 4D Release 19 Available Immediately'! Obviously their concept of 'immediately' and mine are somewhat different..

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #38
There is a way to disable the highlights. It's in the first page of the preferences under R19 additions or something like that. Uncheck and it goes away. I actually think it's good because it lets you explore all the new stuff

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #39
So i wrote a mail to MAXON and they responded very quickly .
It is a technical problem on their Database. The technicians are working on that.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #40
@ Automat thanks ! let me know when you receive an email for me still no links

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #41
I know I shouldn't get my hopes up the my trashcan MacPro and it's dual D700 GFX cards will be amazing with ProRender - but, will it at least use both cards? Or just one of them?

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #42
Originally Posted by mikeh64: I know I shouldn't get my hopes up the my trashcan MacPro and it's dual D700 GFX cards will be amazing with ProRender - but, will it at least use both cards? Or just one of them?

I've got the same rig as you and have tested prorender a bit (just the content browser samples).
C4D does reconginise the multiple GPUs and you can turn the 2nd one on, however, to be honest I havent noticed any speed difference so far when using just one or both of them. I also tried activiating the CPU as well, and still no difference that I could see. Again, I have only scratched the surface so maybe it was just that the files I tested were not the best examples to use  for checking speed differences like this.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #43
Originally Posted by mikeh64: I know I shouldn't get my hopes up the my trashcan MacPro and it's dual D700 GFX cards will be amazing with ProRender - but, will it at least use both cards? Or just one of them?

It'll use both cards. And both cards together are almost as fast as a single modern card.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #44
Originally Posted by RickBarrett: It'll use both cards. And both cards together are almost as fast as a single modern card.
 Good to know Rick. I guess I need to test a little more.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #45
Sigh... still no sign. Would have been quicker to make a CD-ROM and post it.

reply share thread