The R19 taps are open

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #16
The yellow highlights show new features in R19. You can also highlight features new in R18, or load a custom file for the purposes of highlighting specific features during training.

By default, the highlights will fade as you use each command. They can be disabled in the prefs, and the fading can be reset.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #17
For those of us in the US, I just got off the phone with Maxon. E-portfolio isn't something Maxon US uses, must be a Europe thing.  We have to wait for the old "emails in batches" delivery system.

Also:
Dear Maxon US,

Please start using e-portfolio.  It sounds really beneficial as I sit here refreshing multiple email accounts and keep pestering my boss to do the same in the hopes that my R19 license will land in one of them.

-kvb

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #18
Content Browser content:
Does the Studio edition contain all the other editions' content libraries, or will I need to download Broadcast, Visualize, Prime, BP, Sculpting, etc. libraries to have the complete content?
Thanks,
Arik

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #19
Originally Posted by kvb: Please start using e-portfolio.  It sounds really beneficial as I sit here refreshing multiple email accounts and keep pestering my boss to do the same in the hopes that my R19 license will land in one of them.

-kvb

Wouldnt you then just be refreshing your "eportfolio" page in your browser instead? 

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #20
Originally Posted by kvb: Please start using e-portfolio.  It sounds really beneficial as I sit here refreshing multiple email accounts and keep pestering my boss to do the same in the hopes that my R19 license will land in one of them.

It's likely coming next year. We already had a system in place over here when Germany introduced eportfolio, and we wanted to give things a cycle or two to shake out - especially since the time difference would make it difficult for us to address any issues that pop up for our customers. Also, we run on a separate database (for similar reasons), and some work has to be done to integrate our system with eportfolio. 

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #21
Originally Posted by ScientiaViz: Content Browser content:
Does the Studio edition contain all the other editions' content libraries, or will I need to download Broadcast, Visualize, Prime, BP, Sculpting, etc. libraries to have the complete content

All the content browsers preset libraries contain unique content. You need to install all of them.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #22
So far not seeing that big an improvement in my viewport. looks almost the same as R18 and I still get blotchy flckery shadows as I did in 18.
That said, Depth of Field is working GREAT
I have the dual radeon 700 firepros so maybe those gpus arent optimized for R19.

Will continue checking.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #23
You'll see the biggest difference if you're using PBR materials and planar area lights (or luminant planes). No real changes to the shadows, as far as I know. 

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #24
Got my link about an hour ago, although I will likely have to wait until the weekend to d/l it... today's tasks are all Ross XPression / After Effects
OSX 10.10.5
C4D R18 Studio/CC/VizRT
Will's Works

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #25
Got my email at 11:52am Eastern Standard Time this morning. Bought from toolfarm.com.

Downloading now - I wonder how the new viewport is going to hold up on my 2011 iMac at work and my GTX 560Ti on my old PC at home (bios upgraded and ready for a new video card!) .  1GB of VRAM on each,, so expectations are low.  

I'd love impressions on the viewport performance and hardware rendering on a 2017 iMac if anyone has one handy.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #26
Got it installed. Anyone have a good scene to try with the enhanced viewport with reflections, etc? I'm stealing a few minutes of Cinema 4d here and there between tasks at work.  I'm surprised at how well the depth of field worked on my aging hardware.

I haven't gotten any of the Pro Render scenes to work on my aging iMac. This machine is just too old!  

Time to get that 1080Ti for my old workhorse PC and see what the fuss is all about!  ;-)

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #27
Originally Posted by JoelDubin: Wouldnt you then just be refreshing your "eportfolio" page in your browser instead? 

Yes!  But it would be one thing to refresh.  As it stands right now (well, not anymore...  my R19 email finally landed), I'm checking my personal email, my work email and bugging my boss to check his (my employer takes care of my MSA to keep my license in parity with office licenses so I can complete work from home/on-the-go... one of the few perks of my job lol).

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #28
Thanks Rick for clarifying  ie  PBR materials for best results in viewport.

I must say that just with the few things i;ve had time to play around with, this release is a real winner.
Well done Maxon!

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #29
Wahoo! Got the links...it downloaded much faster than previous years. Weekend nears with a little time to play.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #30
Dear Maxon,  i understand USA first, but can we make Germany second??? i don´t want to wait any longer .... 

reply share thread