Announcing Cinema 4D Release 19

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

07 July 2017
This is a cool release MaxToC4D next version will have improvements, new features, and C4D R19 support, and also a new plugin related with Character Animation for C4D

07 July 2017
I love how this is looking but I'm concerned about the further enhancements to the viewport. As it is in R18, a lot of us have to work with textures turned off since the current enhancements make the viewport too sluggish to work efficiently in with them turned on. Screen space reflections and DOF in the viewport is brilliant as long as it doesn't bring the performance to a crawl. I didn't see anything that addressed the current performance issues? Very excited about Prorender. Can't wait. Our main modeler person here was underwhelmed as well with the lack of UV tools once again.
HyperactiveVR
I reject your reality and substitute my own

07 July 2017
Nice update--viewport/ pbr looks most promising.

Im wondering if there are any sales going on--we were looking to pick up another license --maybe 2 but was waiting to hear of any announcements first.

Last edited by JoelDubin : 07 July 2017 at 06:04 PM.

07 July 2017
I had a rant or two about how lacklustre C4D appears to be getting, but this update has a few nice touches.

PSD are an excellent addition but as a concept, quite dated. Hash Animation: Master had them over ten years ago.
The fracture stuff is nice too but NitroMan's plug in seems better featured at first glance.
The viewport speed up and PBR implementation is welcome too.

I'll wait it out to R20 but on the whole, this seems like Maxon want to keep up with the other major apps.

07 July 2017
Originally Posted by JoelDubin: Nice update--viewport/ pbr looks most promising.
Im wondering if there are any sales going on--we were looking to pick up another license --maybe 2 but was waiting to hear of any announcements first.

If you purchase between now and Aug 31, you'll get R18 immediately, R19 when it ships and Cineversity. Basically we throw the MSA in at no extra cost - it's the same offer we run just about every August.

07 July 2017
Does anybody knows if Prorender will be available for Prime?

07 July 2017
Originally Posted by Troyan: Screen space reflections and DOF in the viewport is brilliant as long as it doesn't bring the performance to a crawl. I didn't see anything that addressed the current performance issues?
Im guessing we can combine the new Level of Detal tool with viewport DOF, that should improve the viewport performance a lot.
Former gf: XSI

07 July 2017
Thanks Rick--just got the newsletter. That works.

07 July 2017
Originally Posted by arqjuan: Does anybody knows if Prorender will be available for Prime?

sorry, studio and visualize only

https://www.maxon.net/en-us/product...uct-comparison/

07 July 2017
Looks to me like a nice release. Sound effector is a big improvement. Viewport enhancements. Voronoi. Correctional morphs are very nice (like Arndt's plugin from around R6 ). Getting weight symmetry squared away. Love the new object creation shortcuts. Etc. Solid release.

07 July 2017
Originally Posted by nirrad: sorry, studio and visualize only

https://www.maxon.net/en-us/product...uct-comparison/
Thanks, I couldn't find it.
It seems like new features for Prime users are almost non existent.

07 July 2017
Originally Posted by LukeLetellier: This looks nice for those working with Houdini. Wondering how the interpolation & Morph tag works with changing-point-count Alembic meshes & motion blur.
Hi Luke, the new "Other Attributes" functionality, allows for Velocity attributes to come from any sw that supports them, including Houdini. You can use 3rd party renderers that support that workflow (e.g. Arnold) and render Motion Blur on fluid meshes with variable point counts.

07 July 2017
FYI the machine that is used to demo ProRender in Cineversity's preview has two Quadro M6000s - a bad choice for GPU rendering, which explains the somewhat slow performance on the presenter's machine. To properly showcase GPU rendering in ProRender a decent modern gaming GPU (or two ) would have really sped it up - in particular one of the newer AMD cards. My single GTX1080 is much faster at that viewport size and similar quality settings in ProRender for Blender.

*EDIT* Frustratingly enough, the ProRender demo on Maxon's R19 release page doesn't provide any details on the GPU(s) used. It looks much faster and smoother.

Last edited by hvanderwegen : 07 July 2017 at 07:19 PM.

07 July 2017
Looks like a pretty good release, I can see myself using a lot of that stuff.
I'm especially heartened that every release has at least a few upgrades for character animation/ animation generally.
Only thing I'm unsure about is pro-render, just how under-featured it is at this stage will determine whether I end up using it or not.

07 July 2017
Originally Posted by noseman: Hi Luke, the new "Other Attributes" functionality, allows for Velocity attributes to come from any sw that supports them, including Houdini. You can use 3rd party renderers that support that workflow (e.g. Arnold) and render Motion Blur on fluid meshes with variable point counts.
Thank you; that's very good to know. Let's hope the V-ray devs can finally get this implemented.

reply share thread