Announcing Cinema 4D Release 19

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Announcing Cinema 4D Release 19

Hey Everyone!
MAXON has announced Cinema 4D Release 19, and you can learn all about it at maxon.net and Cineversity!

Learn more at Cineversity.com

Last edited by RickBarrett : 2 Weeks Ago at 02:01 PM.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
just found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjb...=em-uploademail

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
MAXON.net slammed at the moment. Won't load. I guess a few people out there are pretty interested.
Look forward to checking out the official feature videos etc.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
There are no new tools to UV ! :(

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
GPU render on Mac AMD (only). Tell me I got that wrong.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6
Originally Posted by Rikof: GPU render on Mac AMD (only). Tell me I got that wrong.
You got it wrong... works with AMD & NVIDIA Cards.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7
Oh my thank you. Need to fix my reading skills.

(talk about an oops) 

It's because I read this on the c4dcafe:
 ProRender, a new GPU-Based Render Engine
Quote:         Based on OpenCL 1.2, works on NVIDIA and AMD cards on Windows and AMD cards on macOS

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8
Originally Posted by medwed: There are no new tools to UV ! :(

There's been a few enhancements to the UV workflow - the Coordinate Manager supports UVs now and you can convert between point, polygon and UV selections, plus some better selection tools. We'll be detailing these on Cineversity with a separate quicktip video (probably next week).

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #9
And a short overview from me as well

https://youtu.be/BjbT98hTIQU

Last edited by phobos : 2 Weeks Ago at 01:19 PM.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #10
Originally Posted by Rikof: Oh my thank you. Need to fix my reading skills.

(talk about an oops) 

It's because I read this on the c4dcafe:
 ProRender, a new GPU-Based Render Engine
That is correct. Macs with Nvidia GPUs can use an experimental CPU mode

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #11
Was able to finally load one section of teh R19 pages on MAXON (Viewport)... ProRender does look pretty nice so far. LOD Object is interesting also. I'll be enjoying the rest of the videos at lunch break hopefully. 

Trying to keep mind open to overall application updating not just "what I want." Will be interesting to see people's reactions to the modeling and media core. I do like what I see so far with the media core. I can remember some instances where trying to deal with media inside C4D was a PITA. Hopefully less so now. As expected I see more refinement across a broad spectrum of work areas here more than big changes in multiple areas — and that's OK. 

As predicted, based on the SIGGRAPH demos there is some new VR stuff in there — I figured that was one of the unmentioned features going back a few days. All right everyone. Have fun debating the next few hours. Be good to each other.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #12
Originally Posted by phobos: That is correct. Macs with Nvidia GPUs can use an experimental CPU mode
So my cheese grater with 980ti isn't going to work properly with prorender?

Why are maxon emphasising that ProRender is GPU rendering for EVERYBODY? It clearly isn't.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #13
maxon.net may be slammed, but you can watch all our Cineversity videos showing What's New in R19!

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #14
I was pretty dubious before the announcement, but I think there's enough good stuff her to warrant another year's MSA (with an eye on R20). The OpenGL viewport is mightily impressive and should help in scene/lighting/material creation in the same way that a realtime renderer can. I don't think ProRender will be replacing my install of Octane any time soon, but as it becomes better integrated and more powerful, I can see it happening at some point in the future (I'd love to think we might get one or two updates during the R19 cycle).

Some of the improvements to Voronoi Fracturea re simply Nitroman's NitroMoFracture plugin integrated with some new tools added on top. Still, its a worthy addition (and that's another plugin I can get rid of). Throw in all the other bits and pieces and overall, it feels like an okay release and it certainly makes me very excited about next year's reveal!

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #15
I'm pretty sure Pro Render also works with Nvidia cards using OpenCL. I just don't think Maxon has mentioned it because they're not officially supported by Apple.

Last edited by Darth Mole : 2 Weeks Ago at 02:02 PM.

reply share thread