Realflow 2.0

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  09 September 2017
From Sept 4 -30, you can upgrade for $345.

Way to make friends with your loyal customers.

https://www.toolfarm.com/blog/entry...september_30_20
 
  09 September 2017
You gotta be f*cking kidding...
 
  09 September 2017
Wow...

I could understand if there was a quick Black Friday-Cyber Monday sale and this happened; it'd be a lot less questionable. But only two months after release and personally, not fulfilling my request to cancel my pre-order to save (what would've been $50, but money is still money) on the upgrade price as a v1.0 customer is straight-up jack assery. Who the hell is making the business decisions over there?

Next Limit, this is not how you win customers over.

Base Price: $795
v2.0 Pre-order pricing (new customers): $545 (-$250 / -31%)
v2.0 "upgrade pricing" for existing customers (at release, late June/early July 2017): $495 (-$300 / -38%)
v2.0 "upgrade pricing" (month of September 2017): $345 (-$450 / -43%)

How
does
this
MAKE
SENSE?!?!?!

EDIT: For good measure, maybe I should just leave this link here:https://www.sidefx.com/products/houdini-indie/

Last edited by nycjunglist : 09 September 2017 at 04:42 AM.
 
  09 September 2017
Originally Posted by nycjunglist: EDIT: For good measure, maybe I should just leave this link here:https://www.sidefx.com/products/houdini-indie/

QFA


........
 
  2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by ChrisCousins: ...I'm sure it'll be on 'special super black tuesday sale discount!*!' before long....

And here it is:

http://www.nextlimit.com/blackfrida...RealFlow%202017

50% discount, including upgrades, if anyone's interested.
__________________
ProSite | Behance | Twitter
- - - - - -
Freelancer using Cinema4D? Sign up to the freelance directory: C4DFreelancers.com
 
  2 Weeks Ago
It's very tempting... but I just bit the bullet with XP4.

I don't know yet how XP4's new fluids compare withRealflow for C4D though, for small/medium scale sims.

One is a generalist particle system but with a new solver, and the other one is a specialist fluid sim software but with a cut-down feature set (compared to full RF10).

On the other hand, the full realflow does become interesting, with its extra features... but do I need it ? Not really...
 
  2 Weeks Ago
Quite honestly, looking at those deals from NextLimit, I think going straight to RF10 is the best deal (today). For basically an extra $150 you get the full kit including large scale ocean sims and all that good stuff.
 
  2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by Blinny: Quite honestly, looking at those deals from NextLimit, I think going straight to RF10 is the best deal (today). For basically an extra $150 you get the full kit including large scale ocean sims and all that good stuff.
Im a little confused. How can you get RF10 and use it with C4D, isnt the C4D version the only one that will work with C4D, it dont make it very clear on the site the differences?

Dan
__________________
C4D R18 Studio, MODO 902, Zbrush 4 r7, Unfold3D 9,Marvelous Designer 4, Keyshot 6 pro.
 
  2 Weeks Ago
You can import .vdb and bins and maybe other formats from Realflow. That is the way it works with other software.
 
  2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by Rectro: Im a little confused. How can you get RF10 and use it with C4D, isnt the C4D version the only one that will work with C4D, it dont make it very clear on the site the differences?

Dan
The Cinema4d version is the Dyverso solver directly used in the C4d interface. RF10 is the full blown Realflow application that exports various formats to import in other 3d applications.
__________________
Patrick Noland
http://vimeo.com/user2975057/videos
 
  2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by pnoland: The Cinema4d version is the Dyverso solver directly used in the C4d interface. RF10 is the full blown Realflow application that exports various formats to import in other 3d applications.
When you say full blown, do you mean stand alone app? And If I got the full blown version can C4D import the data formats to get the best benefit from it?

Thanks ,Dan
__________________
C4D R18 Studio, MODO 902, Zbrush 4 r7, Unfold3D 9,Marvelous Designer 4, Keyshot 6 pro.
 
  2 Weeks Ago
We mean stand-alone app but with a substantially larger feature-set than the Cinema 4D plugin version. The stand-alone application can do different types of simulations the plugin can't, albeit the plugin is more than powerful enough to handle typical short duration motion graphics projects. Real Flow the app is commonly used in movie productions, etc when the studio needs real-world results from a fluid sim. Basically the 900 lb gorilla of fluid sims but overkill for motion graphics projects.

Last edited by Blinny : 2 Weeks Ago at 05:46 PM.
 
  2 Weeks Ago
However, (AFAIK) if you want to render your Realflow fluid with motion blur using the Physical or Standard renderer, you need to have the Realflow C4D plugin.
 
  2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by Blinny: We mean stand-alone app but with a substantially larger feature-set than the Cinema 4D plugin version. The stand-alone application can do different types of simulations the plugin can't, albeit the plugin is more than powerful enough to handle typical short duration motion graphics projects. Real Flow the app is commonly used in movie productions, etc when the studio needs real-world results from a fluid sim. Basically the 900 lb gorilla of fluid sims but overkill for motion graphics projects.
I wondering how a standalone app would work with character animation with hair, this is why I would have thought the plugin would work better with C4Ds native features requiring less iterations? I dont need block buster liquids, I would have gone for XP4 but iv seen nothing convincing so it seems you have to either go high end to get decent results fast for even for lower end projects. Im thinking cinematic for games, rain, ocean with waves and foam, water on the face of characters. Normaly thins kind of things is way out my budget but thats a very big discount.

Dan
__________________
C4D R18 Studio, MODO 902, Zbrush 4 r7, Unfold3D 9,Marvelous Designer 4, Keyshot 6 pro.

Last edited by Rectro : 2 Weeks Ago at 06:04 PM.
 
  2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by Rectro: I wondering how a standalone app would work with character animation with hair, this is why I would have thought the plugin would work better with C4Ds native features requiring less iterations? I dont need block buster liquids, I would have gone for XP4 but iv seen nothing convincing so it seems you have to either go high end to get decent results fast for even for lower end projects. Im thinking cinematic for games, rain, ocean with waves and foam, water on the face of characters. Normaly thins kind of things is way out my budget but thats a very big discount.

Dan
Not sure if you mean use a fluid sim to create some type of flowing hair effect but I would think the existing version of XP (3.5) would be more than powerful enough for that. WRT to XP4 the new fluid solver is the one thing we haven't seen in action yet (AFAIK) so too early to pass judgement. Good news is I suspect we'll see it in less than 24 hours.

WRT to RF: the plugin is more than powerful enough to do rain, water on the face, etc. The app would be more appropriate for ocean or ocean wave simulations.
 
reply share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.