Realflow 2.0

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 07 July 2017   #16
Originally Posted by lancemoody: Yes, just got an email from them confirming that the upgrade will be exactly the same for current customers as their early bird price for new customers (495 euros)

Nice!

They really hate their current customers.

yeah, but as a customer you got 1 year of free maintenance included, right?

Old 07 July 2017   #17
I've owned it for seven months and, I think, had one bug fix.*

Old 07 July 2017   #18

Old 07 July 2017   #19
Well about time. I wonder if that's in response to customer 'feedback'?

Old 07 July 2017   #20
I jumped the gun and paid for the pre order even though I'm a v1 customer. Oops...

I'm frustrated that they released a month-long beta without releasing 2.0 at the end of the beta period. I mean...how does that even make sense? If your beta period has expired recently, you have no access to 2.0 at the moment and there's been no announcement of the actual release date.

And although they may have upgrade pricing plans, this information should be prominently displayed on their website alongside all of their current pricing options and "PRE-ORDER NOW!" buttons. A simple "Upgrade pricing information for existing v1 customers coming soon" would suffice. It's not that f$%king hard to add an extra line of text to a website. I'm a web developer; I would know.

I'm getting pissed now.

Last edited by nycjunglist : 07 July 2017 at 06:25 PM.

Old 07 July 2017   #21
The whole thing has been badly communicated in my opinion. I assume that, because the pre-order offer ends 24th July, it'll be available shortly thereafter but who knows. Next Limit moves in mysterious ways...

(Although I'm sure you'll be able to get your money back on the V1.0 upgrade path.)

Old 07 July 2017   #22
Originally Posted by LukeLetellier: Houdini Indie at $199/year is also an option if you fit within their financial limitations.*

Yeah that's very definitely on my radar though I don't have time at the moment to dive into that type of learning curve.

As Darth said (above), hopefully all just bad comms from Next Limit. Not giving v1 users some kind of added break on price would be absolute crap. If they keep this promotion where it's at and give v1 users a little something extra for the early adopt, then I'll consider actually buying v2.0 because on its own it seems pretty impressive.

Old 07 July 2017   #23
Originally Posted by Blinny: Yeah that's very definitely on my radar though I don't have time at the moment to dive into that type of learning curve.

As Darth said (above), hopefully all just bad comms from Next Limit. Not giving v1 users some kind of added break on price would be absolute crap. If they keep this promotion where it's at and give v1 users a little something extra for the early adopt, then I'll consider actually buying v2.0 because on its own it seems pretty impressive.

I remember when C4d's plugin was released they had a promotion and they said the upgrade price would be 395...could be wrong but I recall this on their sales page for the plugin. *I would suggest Houdini...the learning curve is not that bad once you follow a few tutorials. *Learning all of Houdini is crazy but focusing on Fluids or Pyro makes it much more approachable. *

Old 07 July 2017   #24
Again, I wrote them directly to ask about the upgrade price.

This was their reply from yesterday:

"" Hello Lance,

Thank you for contacting us.

The upgrade to RealFlow Cinema 4D v2 will be available at the end of July. And the price will be 495.

We will inform you when it will be available.

Kind Regards
"

Maybe they have changed their minds since then?

Last edited by lancemoody : 07 July 2017 at 04:00 AM.

Old 07 July 2017   #25
Wow.... 495 promo and upgrade price.....old user and new buyer in same price ? If its upgrade price, its very high.

Old 07 July 2017   #26
I'm hoping that users of v1.0 will be getting some sort of loyalty, early adopter discount - y'know, like every upgrade ever? But quite why Next Limit is taking so long to make a decision and then waiting to communicate it (I mean, just pick a number guys) - is beyond me. It's been handled very poorly. Which is a shame, as v2.0 is genuinely impressive.

EDIT: Just seen this on the Next Limit*blog...

"HEY, I HAVE VERSION 1.0. WHAT ABOUT ME? We are not forgetting about you! Our loyal customers will discover the upgrade details upon release. Please stay tuned for more news on our website and watch your mailbox"*

Last edited by Darth Mole : 07 July 2017 at 10:06 AM.

Old 07 July 2017   #27
New videos showing Rigid body collision and Elastic bodies.... looking good. Roll on Monday!

Old 07 July 2017   #28
And some new RF | C4D 2.0 tutorials are up on*YouTube

Old 07 July 2017   #29
Originally Posted by Darth Mole: And some new RF | C4D 2.0 tutorials are up on*YouTube

A lot of good stuff there. Clearly the product has matured quite a bit since the last time. Any further word on how Next Limit is going to handle 1.0 adopters? Because I'm still not buying it if they don't give them a price break beyond the one everyone else gets. (I'm in the everyone else category btw.)

Old 07 July 2017   #30
Well it's released tomorrow (Monday 24th), so you should get an email - or just check the Next Limit website during the day. I'll definitely be upgrading, based on the beta and these vids.

reply share thread