Looking for Samir from Navié Effex

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

08 August 2017
on that...
1. you also have one side of whatever story, you where told. 
2. if people at Maxon are telling you,  or anyone else, detrimental stories about x-employees or partners, that is unethical.

I have no idea who comes and goes from Maxon. But I can see that a number of names are  there, and then gone/doing other things. The stories behind the coming and going are something I am not privy to, and don't want to be. I am quite shocked that you have that kind of information, to pass on.

Last edited by tapaul : 08 August 2017 at 11:37 AM.

08 August 2017
Originally Posted by tapaul: on that...
1. you also have one side of whatever story, you where told. 
2. if people at Maxon are telling you,  or anyone else, detrimental stories about x-employees or partners, that is unethical.

I have no idea who comes and goes from Maxon. But I can see that a number of names are  there, and then gone/doing other things. The stories behind the coming and going are something I am not privy to, and don't want to be. I am quite shocked that you have that kind of information, to pass on.
You are quite quick to condem someone who said that he knows things but won't tell, on the other hand you support someone who went public with made up stuff. Maybe ignoring those who know without telling and condemning those who tell without knowing is a better strategy.

08 August 2017
 Trying to ignore the derailment of this topic.

I truly hope and pray Samir is ok.  I've never purchased or used his plugs, but it is concerning when an active developer disappears like this. Never mind the software.  I hope the human is ok.

08 August 2017
Originally Posted by interactiveBoy:  Trying to ignore the derailment of this topic.

I truly hope and pray Samir is ok.  I've never purchased or used his plugs, but it is concerning when an active developer disappears like this. Never mind the software.  I hope the human is ok.
Quoted for agreement! Where is Samir? I really hope he is well. I was a happy user of his Plants plugin.
I noticed his Linkedin profile is still in place, but no clues there of a new careermove....

odo

08 August 2017
----------

Last edited by imashination : 08 August 2017 at 04:29 PM.

08 August 2017
Sorry wasn't trying to start a flame war, or piss anyone off.  Just sharing rumors I heard, and clearly may have been misinformed.  

08 August 2017
personally I dont miss Samir, as he was causing some pain and issues related to my non commercial efforts.. yet if he really is having health problem, may he be well soon. To my knowlegde he messed up some things years/decades ago but anyways..

08 August 2017
I will say that MAXON, and the developers, are an excellent bunch. I haven't heard of any of these stories myself. And I personally know the MAXON team quite well.

I really hope Samir is ok. 

08 August 2017
This is one of the weirdest threads I've ever had the misfortune of reading.

08 August 2017
Originally Posted by kbar: I will say that MAXON, and the developers, are an excellent bunch. I haven't heard of any of these stories myself. And I personally know the MAXON team quite well.

I really hope Samir is ok. 
Thanks for sharing that Kent. You seem like a sound, reasonable person and I know you speak from experience.

Rumors can be ugly, as for whatever reason it seems human nature latches onto hints and innuendo--often started by those with an axe to grind-- more than staying  grounded in known facts.

08 August 2017
Originally Posted by Srek: You are quite quick to condem someone who said that he knows things but won't tell, on the other hand you support someone who went public with made up stuff. Maybe ignoring those who know without telling and condemning those who tell without knowing is a better strategy.
all I said was 'The list of churned community devs, is as long as your arm.'  

1.where in that statement, am I condemning anyone or anything, or supporting made up stuff? you read way too much into that.  
2. is the list not long?

08 August 2017
Originally Posted by tapaul: all I said was 'The list of churned community devs, is as long as your arm.'  

1.where in that statement, am I condemning anyone or anything, or supporting made up stuff? you read way too much into that.  
2. is the list not long?
I don't now how long the list is, i don't have one. The very few people that come to my mind when you ask for churned community devs don't nearly make an arms length. Instead of refering to some nebolous arms length list why not just tell names so we can see.
I do know that some devs leaving Cinema 4D was perceived by some users as somehow beeing Maxons fault. In every case that i am aware of there were actually other reasons that caused the move and often enough there was an effort by Maxon behind the scenes to support those developers. Sometimes by providing a lot of SDK help, even custom coding, sometimes by other means. Just because this wasn't made in public doesn't mean it did not happen.
The only case where i do know ways were parted in real anger was a very specific one and the blame was definitly not one sided and it wasn't even a community dev.

08 August 2017
Guys please be respectful to each other or take it elsewhere, this thread really isn't about you.

08 August 2017
'nebolous arms length list'

Rather than nit pick my word choice, maybe pick your pall Mash up, on his revelations, and how he would know that stuff, and then blabb it on a public forum, in front of your nose.

I am out of here, this is too bizarre, even for me.. 

08 August 2017
Originally Posted by tapaul: 'nebolous arms length list'

Rather than nit pick my word choice, maybe pick your pall Mash up, on his revelations, and how he would know that stuff, and then blabb it on a public forum, in front of your nose.

I am out of here, this is too bizarre, even for me.. 
Mash claimed to know stuff, but didn't tell, you claim to know stuff but didn't tell. I fail to see the difference.

reply share thread