AMD Radeon ProRender render engine

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 05 May 2017   #16
i have to apolagise and make a correction.
the infomation i gave at the end of my last post is incorrect.

it is correct that right now it is only possible to render with either GPU or CPU at any one time. but ive been in contact with AMD and they have explained to me that yes in the future it will be possible to render with both at the same time, YAY!
im at home with man flu right now and that news has made me feel a little better

sorry for any confusion i may have caused.

Old 05 May 2017   #17
The truth slowly emerges! =)

After your last posts I went back to the thing I quoted and re-read it to see if I had misinterpreted it. But the wording is pretty explicit and I found it unfortunate if it weren't so.

It's understandable that everything is a moving target during development. But let's take this as double confirmation then, and it only makes it even more exciting!

Dual CPUs and 2-4 GPUs would be a great little home office render machine for small projects.

Old 05 May 2017   #18
Hello,

I'm one of the Productmanagers of CINEMA 4D and would like to clarify some things.

Prorender in CINEMA 4D is still under heavy developement. We are working closely with AMD on the improvement of the technology and the integration into CINEMA 4D. The version we presented at FMX was a early technology preview. This means that new functionality can and will be added later in the developed. But it also could be, that functionality in this preview version won't make it into the final version. There will be differences between AMDs Radeon ProRender and our implementation in CINEMA 4D. Those differences are there now and will be there in the future. There will always be reasons to not support some of the features offered by AMD, e.g. that we will need more time to do the integration or that the feature is not at a level we would need it to be. We, together with AMD, won't stop working on Prorender after R19 is done, so features missing in the first version, will likely be integrated in a later point in time.

Chao
Bernd

Old 05 May 2017   #19
Looking forward to it! I'd love to see x-particles integration, too.

Just in time for me to build a monster PC. Guess I'll be prioritizing a 1080ti card. :-)

Old 05 May 2017   #20
Originally Posted by theglenster: hi there,

im the guy Björn mentioned above currenting demoing cinema 4ds intergration of prorender.

i was at FMX in Stuttgart all last week and had alot of very positive feed back. users are looking forward to getting it in the next release.

as Björn has pointed out, the first version that we ship will not be a feature complete renderer ready for production, but it is still a very capable renderer. by releasing it while still in development we are inviting you along the path of the development of prorender and c4d which hopefully will give us great feed back during development.

to help you get the most out of prorender we have made a new PBR workflow for materials and lighting which can actually be use with the physical rendere, more info on this will be made available soon.

theres no video as i was sitting on a stand and demoing it to passers by.
but here are a few links to look at:

https://twitter.com/the_glenster/st...757163991552002

https://twitter.com/the_glenster/st...801895090311168

https://twitter.com/the_glenster/st...533503859064832

i should be at all the big shows this year, so come along and see prorender for yourself

cheers

edited inacurate infomation. please see my next post for clarification

I like your bacon filled header on your Twitter page. So much I followed you.

Old 05 May 2017   #21
Originally Posted by rsquires: I like your bacon filled header on your Twitter page. So much I followed you.

consider yourself followed back

Old 05 May 2017   #22
The third tweet got me all excited! What's the hardware set-up you're using?

Old 05 May 2017   #23
Originally Posted by mitchino: The third tweet got me all excited! What's the hardware set-up you're using?

i was using a single old gen amd dual pro, its an awesome card!

Old 05 May 2017   #24
Originally Posted by theglenster: i was using a single old gen amd dual pro, its an awesome card!

I had a 1080 Ti in my Mac Pro that I pulled again since overall OpenCL performance is buggy (though CUDA is great).

I'm looking at the new Radeon Pro Duo. I was hoping that this 'single' board design would make all the power of the card available to software not normally dual GPU aware (like for instance C4D viewport?).

But my understanding now is that the computer stills sees two separate cards and you need multi GPU support to take advantage of full power. Is that correct?

Would still be awesome for DaVinci Resolve, FCPX, Motion and other apps of course.

Old 05 May 2017   #25
Good to see multiple people involved with C4D / plugin development openly commenting in threads like this, WRT to future plans and technology. As a user I appreciate this and hope to see more of the same as other technologies are previewed, etc.

Old 05 May 2017   #26
Hi Im a mac C4D guy and i just want the boning of Apple users to end...please 1 million times GPU rendering from ProRender.

Old 05 May 2017   #27
Originally Posted by leadnut: Hi Im a mac C4D guy and i just want the boning of Apple users to end...please 1 million times GPU rendering from ProRender.

yes mac users will be able to use prorender

Old 05 May 2017   #28
Well done again Glen Johnson!

Old 06 June 2017   #29
Originally Posted by theglenster: yes mac users will be able to use prorender

Your Prorender tests on Twitter look very promising! The engine starts to convince in the right hands

Old 06 June 2017   #30
have you got a link for the twitter feed?

reply share thread