Some general question about your line of work.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 04 April 2017   #16
Freelancer based in The Netherlands working together with other freelancers... (so please pm me if you are open for working together) Mainly focussed on technical animations and stills. C4D is my main app in use besides the Adobe range and Final Cut Pro... Sometimes I need PolyTrans for converting CAD stuff or I use MOI3D. I started my business in 2001 with Cinema 4D R7 (yeah!!!) and still going strong. Have being a beta tester for MAXON for a year or so.

Last edited by Lex1968 : 04 April 2017 at 07:02 AM.

Old 04 April 2017   #17
Freelance graphic designer/digital illustrator, working for various clients in the movie and music industry. Everything from major labels/studios to indies.

Mainly working on album cover design, posters, promo clips. I also design websites to promote movies and bands/albums.

I use C4D, ZBrush, Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) and Wordpress.

These days I render everything in Arnold, for me it has the features that I need and complete reliability, as well as producing amazing images.

Love my job.

Old 04 April 2017   #18
Full time professional. Registered Architect in 2000 (in architectural profession since 1987). Started my own design/illustration firm in 2004.
I design and render: mixed use, theme parks, retail, stadiums, and large scale urban design projects globally.
I started with Photoshop 1996 + Bryce in 1999 then migrated to Cinema a year later.
On Cinema4d R18 now as well as Photoshop CS5
Really enjoy what I do. Cheers.

Old 04 April 2017   #19
I use Cinema 4D / XSI since 2010 then I moved completedly into Cinema 4D after XSI demise (frell you Autodesk!)

I work as a senior 3D animator in America Television - Peru, I use X-particles, Realflow, Arnold and other apps like Zbrush / Xpression. C4D was somewhat ignored or overlooked by my coworkers, but I slowly integrated it into our pipeline because of its ease of use, and now they all moved into C4D.

I cant imagine anything better for daily production work.

Old 04 April 2017   #20
On my 5th year being self-employed, content creator in form of stock animation I'm absolutely a 3D generalist, making living and progressing my c4d skill (slow like snail) also reaching my milestone with over 7 hours total worth of animation length.

Cinema 4D R16 Studio doing good with standard and physical renderer, I use c4d on daily basis, can't wait for the next release of c4d with built-in ProRender that cpu+gpu rendering is game changer and look very attractive, for texturing tweak and minimal post-work I use Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements they are enough and cost efficient.

my humble content platform www.oneo2.com

Old 04 April 2017   #21
I am new to C4D and new to the forums too, so... Hi . I been using Cinema 4D for just 6 months, but definitely found my favourite piece of software by far! I work for an fx house doing advertising work in Shanghai, but soon I will be moving back to my home of UK and will be in search of a similar role.

Phil

Old 04 April 2017   #22
I am a hobbyist that does part time freelance as time permits. I have a decent day job on a Railroad so that helps fund my expensive 3d hobby. I mainly focus on simulation work using XP, TFD and Realflow. I'm In the process of building my general skill set to start focusing more on grabbing some freelance work in the future since new houses are expensive lol.

Old 04 April 2017   #23
I used to own a 3D studio that is still running well to this day. Discovered it wasn't my dream anymore and went off into the wild for a bit.

Decided to build myself a submarine together with a friend. The sub is completely designed in Cinema4D. All my years of organic modelling allowed me to really streamline the shape into something that is capable of great things. It has about the same drag coefficient as a great white shark.

When we first launched the vessel it sort of blew our minds by how fast it went and the incredible range it could do. We set 2 world records in that aspect.

It can sail either above or underwater:

When my friend and I finished our 1st single seater craft and showed it to the world we got sort of overwhelmed by many different markets which gave us the capability to make many more!

Here is our current pride and joy, the 3 seater:

So right now we are managing a Submarine factory ( www.ortega-submersibles.com ) and I get to make fancy renders and designs all day long!

reply share thread