Digital Meat - Cinema 4d, Unity and Playmaker Tutorials and Asset Store.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 07 July 2016   #46
Originally Posted by IceCaveMan: I can definitely commend these tutorials. Great stuff. Sam is such a super contributor to the community! He makes it easy and enjoyable to learn.

Wow, thanks a lot

Old 08 August 2016   #47
New Cardan Dynamic Connector Tutorial For C4D

Old 09 September 2016   #48
Digital Begging?

I'd love to here your thoughts on raising funds for software for future tutorials and for frequent videos, comment below

Old 09 September 2016   #49
Sam, I watched a little bit of the video...pretty busy tonight.

I'll be presumptuous and assume I got the gist of your question right at the top.

We will all have different opinions so I can only speak for myself. I sense that the newer generation is more keen on kickstarter and patreon so I'm acutely aware that my old school opinion might end up being the minority.

There is abundance of training for c4d and much of it is free. Despite this I repeatedly purchase training that is inviting, exciting and seems like it might boost my value in the marketplace or accelerate my skill acquisition. It seems there are others here like me that are willing to spend on c4d training.

If you were to offer a specific training series and it looked really good...and it was in an area of interest...I might buy. Trailers and teasers very often make all the difference. Does the trailer feature samples in the trailer that really rev my engine?

I'm also a sucker for something that seems new, dramatic and has at least a little entertainment value.

As I've said before I like your training and you seem to really know your stuff. I wish you success!

Old 09 September 2016   #50
Originally Posted by IceCaveMan: Sam, I watched a little bit of the video...pretty busy tonight.

I'll be presumptuous and assume I got the gist of your question right at the top.

We will all have different opinions so I can only speak for myself. I sense that the newer generation is more keen on kickstarter and patreon so I'm acutely aware that my old school opinion might end up being the minority.

There is abundance of training for c4d and much of it is free. Despite this I repeatedly purchase training that is inviting, exciting and seems like it might boost my value in the marketplace or accelerate my skill acquisition. It seems there are others here like me that are willing to spend on c4d training.

If you were to offer a specific training series and it looked really good...and it was in an area of interest...I might buy. Trailers and teasers very often make all the difference. Does the trailer feature samples in the trailer that really rev my engine?

I'm also a sucker for something that seems new, dramatic and has at least a little entertainment value.

As I've said before I like your training and you seem to really know your stuff. I wish you success!

Thanks for the input, as I said in the video, I don't want to put up a pay wall because I think that will drive users away, so I think a donate button and Patreon maybe the way to go, I've had quite a few people saying they would happily donate.

Old 09 September 2016   #51
Originally Posted by BEEFDOCTOR: I've had quite a few people saying they would happily donate.

People would most likely donate only once and you'd see a rapid drop off in contributions. I've watched your videos and they're way too good for you not to be earning from them.

Have you considered Gumroad? I've bought an absolute TON of content from there and have been very happy with the quality and pricing. A lot of artists provide their source files (PSD, C4D, ZTL etc) and also video tutorials, assets (textures, mats) and anything else they can throw in.

Put up a free tutorial so people can get an idea of what you do, make the rest of them $10+ (people can pay what theywant over the base amount that you set)

Great thing about Gumroad is the more you buy, the better your recommendations become. I've actually found building my library is addictive because of all the cool recommendations I get.

Old 10 October 2016   #52
Some Visuals I did for the Vice Bar

Old 10 October 2016   #53
The results of asking my users about fund raising

Old 10 October 2016   #54
New Quick Tip!

Old 10 October 2016   #55
Cinema 4d Quick Tip 11 is up!

Old 10 October 2016   #56
New Dynamic Connector Tutorial!

Old 10 October 2016   #57
Dynamic Connectors In C4D - The Slider, Twist Slider, Planar and Box