GreyScale Gorilla and their Promises

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

07 July 2016
Originally Posted by vel0city: Indeed, there's a real lack of a definitive impartial review/roundup site for 3D and graphics software in general. I'd love to read a well written, authoritative site which thoroughly and exhaustively tests software and applications. Sites like Lester Banks and CG Terminal are great for news, but I've yet to see anywhere extensively road test the software.

Ideally, somewhere with the credibility and clout of, say, Ars Technica, ripping apart the latest C4D plugins.

I think the lack of response on here about the GSG stuff is that their plugins are aimed at beginners and hobbyists, and a lot of us are using third party render engines which means using C4Ds native textures and lighting is not possible.

I purchased TopCoat because though I use VRAY and Octane...sometimes you have a file with native materials previously set up and you need to push it through.... The other one I find useful is Signal. Just a time-saver.

Not a fan of subscriptions, though...and in the long run I imagine that may sideline me in purchasing or supporting their products.

Last edited by IceCaveMan : 07 July 2016 at 08:22 PM.

1 Week Ago
Thanks for all the feedback in these forums. We take our customer's feedback very seriously.

I wanted to make sure everyone knew that our licensing terms have been drastically simplified since this discussion. No yearly fees. Just simple licensingthat you would expect from a major Plugin Developer.

You can learn more about it here.
https://greyscalegorilla.com/2016/1...ke-this-simple/

Thanks again for all your feedback and for supporting Greyscalegorilla.

Cheers,
Nick

reply share thread