MAXON Launches Official Corporate Blog

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

12 December 2015
Here is a post from the beginning of June.
http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/forums/t...#comment-598922

There may have been earlier posts, someone else can look if they are keen.

So yes, the better part of a year to see a content-free announcement about how Maxon is going to do something about improving communication by launching a blog-that-is-not-a-blog.

12 December 2015
Whatever man.

Happy holidays to you and everyone else here. Life's too short to argue about stuff like this. We can agree to disagree and focus on other stuff for a few days.

Peace.

12 December 2015
"we have some exciting plans for the MAXON Blog as well so we hope to see you there often!"

12 December 2015
Originally Posted by ahven: It was "new cool" back then. I think their priority is to develop good 3d-software rather than be cool in blogging world but hey it is a start.

I applaud all of your dedication to developing good 3D software, but reaching out to customers (potential or existent) is paramount. Open discussion is the best way to gauge the needs of your customers and to communicate your enthusiasm for ideas to them.

Keep up the progressive work.

C4D-R16, VS2012, Xcode 4.6

12 December 2015
To be consistent in my comments, two weeks now with no new update. Thought sure they might have one for the new year.

-----------

Initial Point Total: +1
Latest grade: -1

Total: 0

Don't start driving into negative territory, MAXON.

Happy New Year everyone!

12 December 2015
Originally Posted by Blinny: To be consistent in my comments, two weeks now with no new update. Thought sure they might have one for the new year.

Consider that most businesses have been closed or employees on vacation since the 18th for the Christmas/NY Holiday.

01 January 2016
Originally Posted by JoelOtron: Consider that most businesses have been closed or employees on vacation since the 18th for the Christmas/NY Holiday.

That's true. I forgot Europe handles vacations very differently than in the US.

01 January 2016
Originally Posted by Blinny: That's true. I forgot Europe handles vacations very differently than in the US.

I live in the US too and I've always been lucky enough to be off between Xmas week and NY

01 January 2016
Originally Posted by JoelOtron: I live in the US too and I've always been lucky enough to be off between Xmas week and NY

You're lucky indeed. Most non-retail US employers will at best only let their employees off on Christmas Eve and New Year's eve, at worst neither day (that's assuming they fall on a weekday, which they did this year). If it's retail, forget it. Those days are just like any other day. Hopefully none of us work in retail but worth mentioning. I figure there might be a week+ holiday going on for German businesses (and in other western European places)?

But in general in western Europe, whether it's summer break or winter holidays it tends to be a country-wide thing where many businesses will shut down at the same time, for the same duration of time in order to allow their employees to be on holiday for a while. Obviously the summer break is a much longer period of time, as long as 6 weeks in some cases. Different mentality. The older I get the more I think I'd like that.

Last edited by Blinny : 01 January 2016 at 05:23 PM.

01 January 2016
Originally Posted by Blinny: I figure there might be a week+ holiday going on for German businesses (and in other western European places)?

pretty much the whole of maxon is shut down between christmas and new year and not much is being done.
here in germany your holiday is as long as you would like it to be. my christmas this year was 3 weeks as i had taken so few free days over the year. very usefull as i moved over christmas, not recomended!

01 January 2016
Originally Posted by theglenster: pretty much the whole of maxon is shut down between christmas and new year and not much is being done.
here in germany your holiday is as long as you would like it to be. my christmas this year was 3 weeks as i had taken so few free days over the year. very usefull as i moved over christmas, not recomended!

man, how do I get a gig like that. I had two days for christmas.

01 January 2016
Move to Europe? Of work for yourself?

01 January 2016
Originally Posted by unclebob: man, how do I get a gig like that. I had two days for christmas.

I got client notes Christmas evening.

01 January 2016
Originally Posted by LukeLetellier: I got client notes Christmas evening.

I sure hope they didn't expect you to act on any of it! Geesh!

01 January 2016
In my 9 years at Roland, most of the company was off for the two weeks surrounding Christmas and New Years. My team and I were an exception though as we were prepping video and animation assets for the NAMM show which happens in late January. I counted down far too many new years at my computer with Cinema 4D open. I was at least able to work from home, but it was work nonetheless.

In the 4 years since, I have been fortunate enough to have that time fully off... first at lynda.com where they were coming to the end of showering employees with amazing gifts and bennies as they switched focus toward getting acquired and therefore cut operational costs to the bone (they would be bought out by LinkedIn earlier this year for $1.2 billion), the following year as a perma-lancer, I was also given these two weeks off - though to my chagrin in that case as I would have preferred the paychecks, and the last 2 years at Reality Check I have also enjoyed extended time off during this time of the year - despite us building the broadcast packages for Superbowl 50 (and the entire CBS Sports re-brand), March Madness, the NBC Elections package and the Today Show rebrand - huge projects all with deadlines converging at about the same time. Sure - most of us put in some hours here and there to keep things moving along, but all of this is to say that if this company can give its employees some downtime to recharge during a push like this, then really any company can. I am grateful to work for people who value the work/life balance. Life will always have deadlines... doesn't mean you can't stop to breathe.
OSX 10.10.5
C4D R18 Studio/CC/VizRT
Will's Works

reply share thread