MAXON Launches Official Corporate Blog

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  12 December 2015
Originally Posted by Blinny
Don't be obtuse.


Originally Posted by BKK-OZ: Stopped reading there.

If you want to dialogue fine, but if you want to hurl bully-boy insults, I've got better things to do.


Maybe he meant between 90 and 180 degrees , it is a 3D forum afterall.
__________________
Matthew O'Neill
www.3dfluff.com
 
  12 December 2015
Originally Posted by imashination: Originally Posted by Blinny
Don't be obtuse.




Maybe he meant between 90 and 180 degrees , it is a 3D forum afterall.

he he, that made me smile.
 
  12 December 2015
Originally Posted by LukeLetellier: Lightwave did an amazing job of kickstarting their development blog in style:

https://blog.lightwave3d.com/2015/1...ave-philosophy/


An observation about the Lightwave blog: it looks like a blog. This new "blog page" on Maxon's site looks like....just another page on Maxon's site. Which lends some backing to the idea that the project may be a little light on planning & design.

Still, I applaud the move. Will wait and see what they do with it!
 
  12 December 2015
Originally Posted by cpm5280: An observation about the Lightwave blog: it looks like a blog. This new "blog page" on Maxon's site looks like....just another page on Maxon's site. Which lends some backing to the idea that the project may be a little light on planning & design.

Still, I applaud the move. Will wait and see what they do with it!


That was my first impression too.
Very corporate, not bloggy at all. Looks like any other PR/news page on the site.
I imagine whoever created it didnt know what a blog was but was pressured to start one.

Just go to squarespace/wordpress, go with a cool modern template that allows for inline images and video embeds. Design matters, especially when your audience is composed of designers/artists. Sorry t be nitpicky

But its still great news and looking forward to future posts.
 
  12 December 2015
Originally Posted by JoelOtron: Just go to squarespace/wordpress, go with a cool modern template that allows for inline images and video embeds. Design matters, especially when your audience is composed of designers/artists.


I manage a number of Drupal sites and prefer it to Wordpress, etc. A more sophisticated & customizable CMS, IMO, and one that excels beyond simple blogging (a blog = a specific kind of CMS implementation, in which "blog post" is the primary data type).

My guess here is that the Maxon site uses an existing, possibly custom, CMS and they didn't want to build out a CMS within a CMS, etc. A blog like this might do best on a dedicated site with a blog-centric CMS and design, linked to from the main corporate site.

I'd be happy to take this on as a freelance project, Maxon Have a few fresh Drupal testbed servers just waiting for projects...
 
  12 December 2015
Originally Posted by SockGardener: Sounded like a Shawshank reference

link


In a way it was.

And BKK, maybe if you weren't so sensitive and dared to read a little further you would've seen there was nothing bully-like about my post or comments. Bullies don't use words like obtuse, or try to expend multiple paragraphs without insult making an coherent argument.

I don't know what's happened to the western world where any manner of calling someone out for a short-sighted comment or attitude immediately becomes personal insult, bullying, insensitive... all this PC bullshit. There's no circumstance where I'd try to bully you or anyone else because it's not in my DNA, but I do insult people sometimes and believe me, if I want to insult you *you'll know it. And it won't involve the word "obtuse".



All obtuse means in this context is you're willfully ignoring the obvious in order to make your point. Namely you ignored the fact that most blogs take some time to make their mark, especially for companies with no experience in this department, and at the same time your argument was we waited a long time for the first post and said post had no future product information (what we're all looking for) so therefore, apparently not a positive sign / worthy of any positive reaction towards MAXON in your mind.

I disagree and think more patience is called for. Insane bullying wildman that I am.

 
  12 December 2015
Don't be so obtuse Blinny.
 
  12 December 2015
I'll give Maxon a break here. If they're going to try making a blog, I won't discourage it. Let's see where it goes. They know they have ground to make up. I'll at least give them a chance before I get out the torches and pitchforks.
 
  12 December 2015
Originally Posted by Venkman: I'll give Maxon a break here. If they're going to try making a blog, I won't discourage it. Let's see where it goes. They know they have ground to make up. I'll at least give them a chance before I get out the torches and pitchforks.


Given the past, Maxon starts with a lack of confidence, I think it's something normal and I think they are enough professional to not not take it personally. Better communication it's something that's gradually constructed over time. I'm looking forward to see what's next. Hey Maxon maybe a little teaser for Christmas?
 
  12 December 2015
Originally Posted by Blinny: And BKK, maybe if you weren't so sensitive and dared to read a little further you would've seen there was nothing bully-like about my post or comments. Bullies don't use words like obtuse, or try to expend multiple paragraphs without insult making an coherent argument.


BOOM! Roasted. Love it and agree 100%.
__________________
www.bretbays.com
"We do not - not wag our genitals at one another to make a point!"
 
  12 December 2015
Originally Posted by xfon5168: BOOM! Roasted. Love it and agree 100%.

Yeah, I'm so sensitive I'm crying, and I am so 'roasted' I just don't recognise myself.

What was the topic again?

Oh yeah, Maxon posted an announcement about a blog that they have been promising for the better part of this year, so we should all be grateful and congratulate them because they made that announcement.
 
  12 December 2015
Originally Posted by BKK-OZ: Yeah, I'm so sensitive I'm crying, and I am so 'roasted' I just don't recognise myself.

What was the topic again?

Oh yeah, Maxon posted an announcement about a blog that they have been promising for the better part of this year, so we should all be grateful and congratulate them because they made that announcement.

Did I miss where they promised this for the better part of a year? Do you have links for those promises?
 
  12 December 2015
Originally Posted by AdamT: Did I miss where they promised this for the better part of a year? Do you have links for those promises?


You know, September/October.
The years get shorter as you age.
__________________
The views expressed in this post are by no means the opinion of those making the post or of any one person in particular.
 
  12 December 2015
Actually the fall is my favorite part of the year, so I agree with BKK.
 
  12 December 2015
Originally Posted by AdamT: Did I miss where they promised this for the better part of a year? Do you have links for those promises?

Rick Barrett posted on this several times over at C4d Cafe, not sure if he posted on it here or not, but yes, he said this was going to happen earlier this year.
 
reply share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.