Online Render Farm Recommendations

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

10 October 2015
Online Render Farm Recommendations

Hi all

Hoping someone can suggest a good Rebus Render Farm alternative. The OS X app has been very buggy for me since 2.0 and the service seems to be completely down (for Cinema users at least?) at the moment. I'm in need of an alternative in a hurry... Google has a lot of options but I'd love to hear some opinions and reccomendations.

Cheers
Lindsay

10 October 2015
When its been necessary to go beyond the capacity of our small internal farm, Ive used Renderking run by Dann Stubbs. Pricing and service were both good! Id certainly go back to Dann if i ever need the heavy render capacity again.

http://www.renderking.com/rkindex2.htm

10 October 2015
pixel plow has worked for us

10 October 2015
If you generally like rebus, then render rocket is fairly similar. Last I tried a few years ago, was a bit more manual. ie. upload a zip of your project and then it auto adds it to your queue.

10 October 2015
Newton Render Farm
and a new entrant: Bilby

10 October 2015
Not a big fan of Rebus in reality, but I've always done well with Dann Stubbs's Rendeking which has served me well on a few projects.

12 core Mac Pro / 2x Mac Pro 8-core ATI5770 / ATI4870
MacBookPro i7 2.66Ghz

10 October 2015
Both RenderKing and RenderFeed were great for me. I would say Renderking is much faster but Renderfeed has more subscribing options (plans) to choose from

10 October 2015
I have only used GarageFarm and they were pretty awesome (and speedy) at time! Pretty sure they still are

10 October 2015
Been using Renderking for over a decade. Works well for me.
Dann can't be beat in terms of customer service and knowledge.

Out of curiosity----anyone know what happenned to Rebus?

I heard they stopped offering C4D rendering.

10 October 2015
I asked them, and their answer was

"I apologize, but we still do not have an ETA. Please do not expect the service to be up and running before the next few days, possibly even later. For urgent deliveries, consider falling back to a different rendering service. We will let you know as soon as we have any tangible news on the matter."

That's a shame, because their workflow (smart checks, warnings, upload and downlad automation) is really great.

I'll check out some of the others in the meantime.

10 October 2015
Damn that sucks about Rebus - ease of use was pretty great with the plugin. Do any of these other options support file check, upload etc via plugin?

10 October 2015
I have used Renderking for years. Dann offers a great value, and his customer service is out of this world.

Since ReBus is out of C4D rendering business, I hope Dann will take advantage and expand renderking. But i dont even know how he Sleeps NOW!

10 October 2015
GarageFarm, highly recommended, they use a plugin for Cinema that makes uploading a scene to render a 3 click affair, with automated up and download.Great 24/7 support, too.Love em.

10 October 2015
what? rebus doesnt support c4d anymore? how? ..on their site cinema4d is still listed!?

10 October 2015
GarageFarm doesn't list C4D on their webpage...

About rebus : it seems temporary... but still indefinite.

reply share thread