Cinema 4D R17 announced

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2015
New spline tools look great.

Can we adjust the reflectance parameters of multiple materials at once yet for those "Make those 20 different graphic panels on a wall less/more shiny" moments!?

08 August 2015
looks like the take system, euler filter, and f-curves are what people really wanted for some time, correct? At the very least those are two things I'll use most. Have to dive into the details.

08 August 2015
What's is das?
Quote: New OpenGL base system Context, OpenGL 3.2 required

moved from 2.XX

08 August 2015
For those that know about the Timeline improvements, two questions :

1- is there a way to only see only selected controllers now and not their siblings when in auto load mode ? (like the functionality the TimeHide plugin gives but native) ?

2- is there a simple way to filter by animation channel type, say for example I have a character with 10 controllers for the tail and I want to see only the Rotate X channels for all of them in the timeline, but I don't want to see any other channels?

I've watched the Cineversity video on the Euler filter/auto tangents but it didn't address either of these as far as I can tell.

Cheers,
Brian

08 August 2015
Originally Posted by Horganovski: For those that know about the Timeline improvements, two questions :

1- is there a way to only see only selected controllers now and not their siblings when in auto load mode ? (like the functionality the TimeHide plugin gives but native) ?

2- is there a simple way to filter by animation channel type, say for example I have a character with 10 controllers for the tail and I want to see only the Rotate X channels for all of them in the timeline, but I don't want to see any other channels?

I've watched the Cineversity video on the Euler filter/auto tangents but it didn't address either of these as far as I can tell.

For 1. Yes. So much better. For 2. No not yet. The display of objects and tracks in the fcurve is very much like mayas now. So glad i dont have to see my elbow and wrist controllers just because i have my shoulder selected.

08 August 2015
Originally Posted by Horganovski: For those that know about the Timeline improvements, two questions :

Hi,
1. I think you mean their children, not the siblings. Yes you can pretty much have that functionality. Link view to OM and link selection works reliably now.
There is also One directional selection to use from the OM to the TL but not vice versa when you have the link view on.

2. The search filter hasn't changed in this release, it's per object and not per track.

Edit: Bret was faster!

08 August 2015
Thanks guys, that's good so in case that plugin doesn't get updated (I have it on by default in my R15/16 scenes).

Glad to see the Euler Filter and Auto Tangents fixed.. can't help but feel they could have gone further though and done more overhauling in the Timeline while there. One I've been banging on about for literally years is the ability to scale FCurves uniformly in a more interactive way.. oh well maybe next year

As far as I can see the Takes system is the standout feature of this release, the other stuff is nice, but in most cases these are things that are years overdue and still lots of areas completely untouched. Maxon already have my cash for R17 so I'm not going to join the cries of the 'ship jumpers' but was hoping for more really..

Cheers,
Brian

08 August 2015
Yeah, thats maxon
http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/forums/t...#comment-602265
http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/forums/t...#comment-602266
>>
Quote: from HSrdelic
Which reflectance issue? And what do you want to do? I can answer if takes can do it.

Lol
Vozzz several times post about problem.
Arail, you post about pros/cons is absolute at c4dcafe
It shows maxon does not read or listen.

Last edited by yomash : 08 August 2015 at 01:53 PM.

08 August 2015
I've been requesting a renderlayer system for ages... (as long as the new bevel), and like the bevel before, it was a long wait but the result looks awsome.

The new spline stuff looks great too. It was painful to do the most basic stuff before. Good stuff.

Lens distortion : good to have across the board.

Animation curves and euler filter. Great stuff as well.

But this looks a bit short and some of the rest i feel a bit ashamed to see included as a "milestone features"

is Houdini Engine really "integrated" (as in no need to buy it from side effects? as in 499$ value ?)

08 August 2015
Originally Posted by Horganovski:
As far as I can see the Takes system is the standout feature of this release, the other stuff is nice, but in most cases these are things that are years overdue and still lots of areas completely untouched. Maxon already have my cash for R17 so I'm not going to join the cries of the 'ship jumpers' but was hoping for more really..

Brian

I have the same feeling, Take System nice but there is no comparaison with the massive update Autodesk or the Foundry have delivered recently.

Edit: Still no way to edit multiple reflectance channels? Seriously?

08 August 2015
Originally Posted by EricM: is Houdini Engine really "integrated" (as in no need to buy it from side effects? as in 499$ value ?)

From german reseller, he shows pipeline with archicad and said it will be also houdini engine in menu.
Of course you will still to have dealing with side-fx

08 August 2015
Originally Posted by EricM: is Houdini Engine really "integrated" (as in no need to buy it from side effects? as in 499$ value ?)

Yep. But you will need to have a Houdini License (Indy/FX) I think

08 August 2015
Any info on how the Poly Pen was updated? Thank you!

08 August 2015
There's two very extensive feature videos about the Take System and Spline Tools to be found here: www.aixsponza.com/we-like

Thread Closed share thread