Open Source Plugins.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

04 April 2015
Originally Posted by Remotion: > Dem-importer is interesting thing even a few code is "dirty"
I have no such plugins, may be you are meaning something different.
Yes the code my be dirty but it is (will) be open source so you can cleanup it

I'm sorry for such words. I simply read info in readme for source at github

04 April 2015
Originally Posted by ilay: I'm sorry for such words. I simply read info in readme for source at github

Not this is correct it is dirty code
I only mean that now everybody bode can improve this if he want this.

By the way now the first plugin for C4D written in D Language is available on GitHub too.

Remo

04 April 2015
Originally Posted by Remotion: > but there are still some tools from it that I miss
DiTools is a great plugins package, so I will probably not release it as whole only some parts.
What plugins are you missing? Because the was also DiTools2 with some updated plugins.

How much of the plugins will be open sourced and how fast is dependent on your feedback, contributions and support!

DiTessa was great and I haven't seen a modern equivalent. Also, can't remember the name of it, but the plugin that procedurally created splines over a polygon surface.

04 April 2015
di splinegen me thinks.

di cloner rocked, di tessa, mostly anything related to spline functionality because you could use then in such creative ways…then all the tags and shaders mean't you could use them all over the place in scenes….but splinegen was cool.

Henry Moore

04 April 2015
Originally Posted by Remotion: By the way now the first plugin for C4D written in D Language is available on GitHub too.

Hi, thank you, btw i have studying and "sketching' of scripting/programming as hobby(not Pro user). Does Dlang be closer to Ruby? But i see array examples, closer if using numpy for python.
It maybe replace coffee, but it really like as coffee...
Anyway i have quick look at it, need to dive in it

04 April 2015
Originally Posted by flingster: di splinegen me thinks.

di cloner rocked, di tessa, mostly anything related to spline functionality because you could use then in such creative ways…then all the tags and shaders mean't you could use them all over the place in scenes….but splinegen was cool.

Yes, splinegen was the one I was thinking of! That whole toolset was way ahead of its time and there is still many gaps that the native Mograph tools haven't filled.

04 April 2015
Great, looking forward to see and learn.
Especially SuperVoxel because of the use of OpenVDB ("Internally it is using and extending powerful OpenVDB library.").

Originally Posted by Remotion: >How much of the plugins will be open sourced and how fast is dependent on your feedback, contributions and support!

Count me in for support. Let me know what I can do.

-Pim

04 April 2015
Why does everything say "Not open source"?

That didn't last long.

-CMPX

04 April 2015
Originally Posted by CMPXCHG8B: Why does everything say "Not open source"?

That didn't last long.

-CMPX

hi, read this
Quote: I have decided to make some of my plugins open-source.

There is plug-in which cover BaseSelect -> ReSelector
And IO plug-ins - ASE_T3D_IO, PTM_IO, TDEM
Are open source

04 April 2015
Hello,

the intention was to stop working on exotic plugins like CodeEditorGUI and C4D++ and try to release them as Open Source.
Older plugins that are not available for R16 will probably be released as Open Sourced too , like Paranormal.
Some plugin for DiTools could be Open Sourced or will be part of DiTools2.
Apparently even releasing the plugins as Open Source is still a lot of work.
I will need to decouple them for my personal library before this, so this will need some time.
Some really old plugin are already Open Source as example how Not to code

By the way DiTessa was updated and is now in GeoTools and is called GeoTessa.

Remo

11 November 2015
Hi Remo

on your Blog site you wrote:

Well DiTools2 is finally working with C4D R16. (at least on Windows
DiTolls2 is small collection with updated plugins for DiTools.

Where we DiTools users could get this update?

best

Last edited by MarcoPolo7 : 11 November 2015 at 07:30 AM.

11 November 2015
Open Source

Congratulations on the birth of your son!
And on the other matter, DiTools was (is) one of the most important and useful (sets of) plug-ins ever written and I really hope it will be available again in total. Good luck with that.

Originally Posted by Remotion: Hello,

Because I am working a another big project and also have 4 month young son right here.
I have decided to make some of my plugins open-source.

The source code will be available soon (tm) on the GitHub.

thanks,
Remo

11 November 2015
Open Source

I'd be very pleased (to the point of paying again) if I could run my many hundreds of DiTools scenes under R15. Any chance that will happen?

Originally Posted by Remotion: Hello,

Because I am working a another big project and also have 4 month young son right here.
I have decided to make some of my plugins open-source.

The source code will be available soon (tm) on the GitHub.

thanks,
Remo

04 April 2016
Hi Remo,

some NEWS about DiTools2??

02 February 2018
Anyone here have a working demo of GeoTools they could send over to me? I downloaded the demo from the Remotion website but it keeps asking for a license and I've tried emailing Remo with no luck. I have to test it out before purchasing to ensure it's capable of doing what we need and that it will work with R16 as expected.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help out.

reply share thread