0xC0000005 Access Violation - C4D crash

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2013   #16
Originally Posted by muckymouse: You can be stubborn if you like but we're telling you that Maxon US tech support will look at your file and try to reproduce your crash/find the problem, and they wont charge you a fee. It doesn't matter that you're using release 13.

I don't care what you do, it sounds like you have it figured out; Just pointing out that you are mistaken so you don't confuse other people on the forum. I worked in tech support at Maxon.

Please don't miss-understand me, or mistake what I'm saying for stubbornness.

My personal experience with other apps with the exception of a few has not been the best.

I've been off my comp for over a year now, just now in the past few weeks getting back on it, relearning all again, taking some programing courses at MIT.

I'm not a production company, not under the gun with a deadline as I have been before. Or I'd jump all over a call to Maxon.
And it was pointed out as I realize - this is R13, they are at R15 now and moving ahead to R16.

Point being - I'm not pressed on this issue, I'd like to get it resolved but not pressed.
My main intrest is my studies, which happen to be Python programing at the moment.
I'm just playing with C4D again. Cram coursing if you will so I can apply my newly aquited programming knowlege to it.

And as I pointed out, I'm going to be updating to R16 when released as well as getting a new comp. (almost bought one last night)

Seeing that Srek was here, and it states he is Germans Tech support is the only reason I even posted this here. Hoping he would jump in. Or someone that had tech knowledge might jump in.

It is good to know that Maxon has a good following and is willing to support older versions, and I'm glad you point it out.

I'm not trying to imply differently, just point out my past experience has been quite the opposite. With one exception. Only one, and I've bought a lot of software. Software I haven't even used yet. And is now outdated.

The comp that this is one will never see the web, most want it or require it to. It's not happening. Case in point, the comp I'm on now. Completely trashed. It sees the web.
any and all comps that I isolate - no problems with this one exception.

Again, I am glad to hear Maxon is very accomidating to it's customers. I seldom need full on tech support and for those that do, of course I don't want them to get the wrong impression.

Be that as it may, yeah, I'll fix it myself.
If and when I get up and running and make a dime off any of this software and hardware I've spend a fortune on, If I need it, it's nice to know it's there.

That I grant you.

No harm meant. No down playing Maxon in any way.
And hope you understand my reasons and my choices on how to handle this a little better now. I've grown to be pretty layed back when it comes to software issues.

Happy Holidays to you,

chase

Old 12 December 2013   #17
Originally Posted by NiklasR: If something altered your kernel32.dll, you probably wouldn't be able to use any program. 0x000000000DAAB72F is the address of the called function on the stack, 0xC0000005 is what caused the exception (eg. the program tried to read/write from this address, but the OS didn't allow).

Best,
-Niklas

Kinda the lines I was thinking along, or that something else was trying to write to it at the same time.

I'm going to grab the kernal32.dll from my install disk, and over write it.

One other thing that was mentioned was the gpu drivers - Dell wasn't, isn't the best at updating drivers, especially for this comp. Though I've got the latest for my GPU, (NVidia 9800GT which it was a NVidia btw) I'm going to take a closer look at the drivers as well.

I've added in some tools to help me see what is going on when it happens. See if I forgot to turn something off that might be poping up or a conflict is arising. So far the log files show nothing happening in the system, or software logs.

It seems to happen more in the evening time so, I'm leaning towards something else is running or trying to run. The render times where un-usually long when it happened.

As of yet, as fate would have it, I haven't been able to get it to crash again. Even using the same files or the bak up file created during the crash.

The problem is in there, just haven't found it yet.
my gut says it's the kernal32.

We'll see.

And thanx for your input.
Happy Holidays to you,

chase

Old 12 December 2013   #18
Originally Posted by chasecanade: Seeing that Srek was here, and it states he is Germans Tech support is the only reason I even posted this here. Hoping he would jump in.

I haven't done techsupport for over a decade, no idea where you found me listed for that.
Either way i already sent you a PM a couple of hours ago.
Cheers
Björn

Old 12 December 2013   #19
Originally Posted by Srek: I haven't done techsupport for over a decade, no idea where you found me listed for that.
Either way i already sent you a PM a couple of hours ago.
Cheers
Björn

Hey Srek - I found that info pretty much everywhere.
Your site - maybe even in your bio here... "You went to work for Maxon as tech support"
I don't know, saw it in several places.

Yeah I saw the private message when I was posting - just wanted to correct any wrong impressions I may have given in my posts. Things easily get read into posts that aren't meant.

And I'm really fighting a trashed comp in doing so... the one I'm on since this un-install is really a wreck and I'm fighting to stay on line with it even as I type.It's a priority at the moment, I'm sure you can understand. And I don't think I can fix it or rather I'm thinking the damage is so great - the time spent fixing it is negated by simply doing a re-install of the OS.

I appriciate you jumping in and even though I haven't read it - the pm you sent.

I'll read it in a bit, I really need to fix this laptop today. Even a complete re-install is going to take hours to update.

talk in a bit
chase

Old 12 December 2013   #20
Originally Posted by chasecanade: Please don't miss-understand me, or mistake what I'm saying for stubbornness.

Happy Holidays to you,

chase

No worries Chase. Happy Holidays,

Andy

Old 12 December 2013   #21
Originally Posted by muckymouse: No worries Chase. Happy Holidays,

Andy

Thanx Andy,

At least I finally got my laptop back running and staying online.
svchost running wild @ 100%. CPU over heating. Service reg file completly trashed as well as other things.

No sweat... fixed the worst. Okay, I was sweating a tad. Thought my cpu was going to fry while finding the cause(s) and applying repairs.

More to do - but I can relax a tad now.

And Happy Holidays to you as well.

Bring on my new comp Santa!!!

Should have seen the one I was looking at. I had SolidWorks Premium - a render engine I'd never heard of before - KeyShot. But I did look it up. and it looked sweet. MasterCam for SolidWorks software and a slew of other apps. He said $20k worth of apps in total.

All updated and licensed with back up copies ready to be transfered to the buyer. And not old apps - last years and this years stuff. And you don't even want to hear the price. I was going to buy it just for the apps. As it was only a 4 core system.

But as fate had it. By the time I Googled the apps ( I didn't want 10 year old apps) and looked them over via my phone, it was gooone! That freakin fast. I got to see it for all of maybe 5 to ten minutes before it was out the door.

He was a some 3D designer that did some CNC work going out of business from what I understood.

Want to going around slapping someones Mamma...?
- brace yourself
- He wanted $1,200 and took $850 for all. He just wanted the money for X-Mas I guess.
Someone got lucky. Wasn't me this time. But, that's okay... there will be another with a lot better more up to date hardware to boot.

Sorry I'm babling - just glad to be online again.

Happy Holidays all.

Things to do... comps to see. All in hopes Santa's going to be good to me! lol

(Always feel better after fixing one of these blasted machines. )

- chase -

Last edited by chasecanade : 12 December 2013 at 11:33 PM.

Old 12 December 2013   #22
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread