[plugin] updates

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 12 December 2013   #31
newsletter

I have also set up a newsletter, for anyone who would like to recieve news about updates and new plugins,ect, directly.

regards
Paul

Old 01 January 2014   #32
Advanced Topology Maps updated

Version 1.1

Renamed - Tools4D Topology Vertex Maps
Fixed - Improved Multi Processor performance.
Fixed - Several Small bugs have been addressed.
Fixed - Polygon transfer tag could produce incorect geometry error on R13 or greater.
Changed - Poly Transfer Tag now transfers Surace normals.
Removed - Custom Vertex map shader.
Changed - Minimum C4D version is now R13

If you want to get the update, you will need to ask support.. or get yourself on the mailing list for this plugin..

You can buy the pugin here..

Last edited by tapaul : 01 January 2014 at 01:05 AM.

Old 01 January 2014   #33
Originally Posted by tapaul: Removed - Custom Vertex map shader.

Great, thanks for the info, request sent.

Out of interest, why did you remove the Vertex map shader? I realise it's pretty similar to the existing vertex shader, but it was pretty useful to be able to name a map, say 'mesh angle' or 'AO' on multiple objects, and then have one material reference that named map on any object it was applied to.

The Maxon-linked way necessitates creating a new material per object, unless I'm missing something?

Edit - never mind, scratch that. Looks like Maxon's vertex shader works with identical names too, so you only need one material - must have made a mistake some time previously because I'm sure I've tested that and found it not to work.

Last edited by ChrisCousins : 01 January 2014 at 12:40 AM.

Old 01 January 2014   #34
I removed it because they where just too similar in function and the speed difference does not make it worth keeping and maintaining. There is enough to maintain in the code itself, as it is a suprisingly whopping code base, as it is essentially a realtime raytracer. the new functionality in the poly transfer tag more than makes up for it.

wtf is the the poly transfer tag?

you can't use a vertex map on generated objects. So this poly transfer tag transfers virtual generated geometry into a polygonized object. you can then apply vertex maps to this.
example:
a cloner with loads of obejcts in it.
place a poly transfer tag on the cloner, and you then get a single polygon object (an editable object), with uv's and normals transfered to it, which you can then apply the topology tag to, and generate a realtime AO vertex map for, or an angle map,ect.

Last edited by tapaul : 01 January 2014 at 01:15 AM.

Old 01 January 2014   #35
I have also just released another plugin called "Vector Professional" which replaces Maxons antiquated native image vectorizer. It delivers super high quality image to vector(splines), with some world class, interactive options that you won't find anywhere else. For example, it can vectorize using image alpha or various channels, gives you some pretty exclusive culling options, as well as well as smoothing options that will make you look twice, and the first update will include support for vectorizing movies.

check it out and buy it quickly before I put the price up

Usage..

regards
Paul

Last edited by tapaul : 01 January 2014 at 02:24 AM.

Old 01 January 2014   #36
That vector plugin looks really very usefull! I normally do this stuff in Illustrator, bu you present quite a few better options and tweaks it seems. So I could even use this to vectorise artwork and export it back to Illustrator. You have my interest for sure!

odo

Old 01 January 2014   #37
Bundles

There are now a selection of plugin Bundles available here..

regards
Paul

Last edited by tapaul : 01 January 2014 at 03:26 PM.

Old 01 January 2014   #38
I read that movie support is in the pipeline for Vector Professional. Does this mean we will be able to load Image sequences as well? If so that would be great.
One more thing. It would be great if we could set up points our self. Imagine a sequence of pics with an animated mouth. Mouth part is black everything else is white. Set up a spline along the first pic. Two points per mouth corner and in between a couple of points to define the rest of the shape. Each new pic should drive the same spline. A kind of auto rotoscoop mode. Could be useful for all kinds of animation.

Old 01 January 2014   #39
Vector Pro is fantastic. Bought it the instance I saw it. I have to extrude logo's pretty much on every job and this saves a massive amount of time. As always Paul's plugin's are indispensable.

Old 01 January 2014   #40
Originally Posted by tapaul:

Version 1.1

Renamed - Tools4D Topology Vertex Maps
Fixed - Improved Multi Processor performance.
Fixed - Several Small bugs have been addressed.
Fixed - Polygon transfer tag could produce incorect geometry error on R13 or greater.
Changed - Poly Transfer Tag now transfers Surace normals.
Removed - Custom Vertex map shader.
Changed - Minimum C4D version is now R13

If you want to get the update, you will need to ask support.. or get yourself on the mailing list for this plugin..

You can buy the pugin here..

@tapaul How do you get the vertex map to show black and white in the viewport? Mine is stock yellow and red.

Old 01 January 2014   #41
Originally Posted by rsquires: @tapaul How do you get the vertex map to show black and white in the viewport? Mine is stock yellow and red.

double click the vertex map and then go to display settings.

Old 01 January 2014   #42
you can also set the vmap display color in prefs. Best is to set both to BW , imo.

regards
Paul

Old 01 January 2014   #43
Vector Professional is impressive, just bought it and works great, even on photos and not only cartoons or logos stuff.
Amazing, thank you Paul for this great plugin.

Old 01 January 2014   #44
Vector Professional updated

First update is out. Buyers should receive the update by email shortly. (otherwise contact the Support HelpDesk)

VERSION 1.12

Fixed - problem with copy/paste to a new document.
Filename reference is no longer valid, as the new document has no tex folder and texture is not found. I work around this inhernet issue by resetting the new filename to the last , known valid location.

Fixed - Problems with "save with assets"
Added - Animation support
Added - Bitmap Caching for animation.
Fixed - Alpha channel was inverted in Y

animation example:

See what the Vectoriser Professional can do with that pretty awful video...

regards
Paul
cinemaplugins.com

p.s.
I WILL be putting the price up tomorrow!

Last edited by tapaul : 01 January 2014 at 02:04 PM.

Old 01 January 2014   #45
Great work Paul. The animation looks great. Don't put the price up til I can rob a post office or two.

C4D XL, ZBrush, Motion Builder

reply share thread