oldschool solobutton plugin

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2013
oldschool solobutton plugin

hi there, someone got a dl link for the oldschoold solo button plugin. im lookin for the set to origin command within this plugin. or is there any other plugin/script to set an object to zero coordinates and back to original position?

thanks in advance

11 November 2013
If you just want to reset the local PSR of the object, look for the built in command 'Reset PSR'

11 November 2013
yes im aware of this command...but i want to remember the position of the object. so when my obecjt is rotated to some "strange" degrees" but i want to edit it in front perspective. with the solo button funktion (cant remember correctly) "set to origin" i could set object to zero (similar to reset psr command and with "back to position" the obect gets back to its position. the page of the dev is down for quite some time and i dont know if its allowed to post the plugin here but if possible would be great.

11 November 2013
well you could use "Align Workplane to Selection"
first you just select an object (or polygon that is facing front) and this reflects in all views (top, side, front) so it is like you rotate the object to 0,0,0

11 November 2013
thanks for the tip, but doesnt work for my needs. it doesnt rotate the workplane like you would align the axis by normal.

11 November 2013
the old, original SOLO button from 2005 still works fine even in R15 so if you happen to still have it in some older C4D install or back up just grab it and put it on your plugins folder

11 November 2013
Use the built in "Reset PSR" command.

11 November 2013
thank you very mutch my friends. im sorry this is no offense but i have the feeling you do not read my question the reset psr command doesn not work for my needs cause i want my object restore to original position afterwards. i know solobutton works in r15 but i dont have it...so i asked for a dl link

01 January 2014
attached -

01 January 2014
Yeah I used that command often. A great plugin (still)

Peace,
Rich_Art.

01 January 2014
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread