CINEBENCH R15 released

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 09 September 2013   #16
Hmm, seems to like my GTX 580!

Old 09 September 2013   #17
Open GL 77.38 (GTX Titan) Something is wrong here.
CPU 2286 (16 core xeon)

I've got a couple of 2.5ghz 12 core xeons arriving this week, if its not too much hassle to swap them out of my current config, I'm eager to see how they perform.

Old 09 September 2013   #18
Originally Posted by ThePriest: Open GL 77.38 (GTX Titan) Something is wrong here.
CPU 2286 (16 core xeon)

Nice CPU score!
What are their base clocks? I'm wandering if that's borking the Titan result a bit, from all the results I've seen, it seems this test is still strongly linked to Single Core speeds.

cheers
brasc

Old 09 September 2013   #19
3.1ghz (3.8 turboboost for single core)
The Titan is not noticeably faster than the 580 in most scenarios. Where it shines is in multimillion poly assets with a lot of high res textures.

Old 09 September 2013   #20
Here's mine (modest one compared to ones i'm seeing. But not bad for a 1year laptop i think )

Attached Images
File Type: png cinebench_laptop.PNG (22.9 KB, 263 views)

Old 09 September 2013   #21
Originally Posted by ThePriest: 3.1ghz (3.8 turboboost for single core)

Hmm, yeah that is a low score if the CPU is boosting fine, it's ~25% less than mine with a ~18% lower core speeds. I haven't tested my 580 but I assume it will get the same score as the Titan as with 11.5.

EDIT: I've just tried the latest nvidia Beta diver (331.40) and my CB score dropped to 66fps, reverted back to 327.23 and it's back to 91.46fps. I'm thinking the new support for OpenGL 4.4 maybe causing it. What driver are you on?

I wish they could somehow normalize the test to take into account the CPU overhead.

Originally Posted by ThePriest: The Titan is not noticeably faster than the 580 in most scenarios. Where it shines is in multimillion poly assets with a lot of high res textures.

Yeah, I usually hit the CPU bottleneck way before the polycount becomes an issue. This OpenGL test has always been a bit too variable on each system to be an accurate comparison.

I'm sure there are some scenarios where the Titan is doing better than the 580 but it's not been significant enough for me to notice, what I bought it for was the CUDA work, for which it is a beast

cheers
brasc

Last edited by brasco : 10 October 2013 at 12:05 AM.

Old 10 October 2013   #22
Is this a Mac Pro with a upgraded CPU!?

Originally Posted by stoiQa: super nice, vray and cinebench released in the same day, what a surprise

12 core Mac Pro / 2x Mac Pro 8-core ATI5770 / ATI4870
MacBookPro i7 2.66Ghz

Old 10 October 2013   #23
Is this a Mac Pro with a upgraded CPU!?

yup

Old 10 October 2013   #24
GPU 133.05 fps ATI Radeon HD 7870

CPU i5-4670 4 core 4 thread
multi CPU - 554cb
CPU single - 152cb

my GPU scores go down the more times I run it, where with the old CB it would increase, in fact the old CB said to run it multiple times. So what gives? run it once and score it?

Old 10 October 2013   #25
Cinebench Score

My Cinebench Score

Old 10 October 2013   #26
I've been finding the OpenGL benchmark pretty inconsistent.
My GTX 780 is making less FPS than a GTX 580 and several Titans are giving very different FPS.

Old 10 October 2013   #27
Originally Posted by pBarrelas: I've been finding the OpenGL benchmark pretty inconsistent.
My GTX 780 is making less FPS than a GTX 580 and several Titans are giving very different FPS.

The single thread CPU performance enters quite a bit in the over all viewport performance.
In case of my i7 4770K with a Quadro 4000 the Quadro is the limiting factor, in many other cases it is the other way around. The best graphics card does not help if you have an old and/or low clocked CPU.
Cheers
Björn

Old 10 October 2013   #28
Have you done it yourself? - is it easily done?

Originally Posted by stoiQa: Is this a Mac Pro with a upgraded CPU!?

yup

12 core Mac Pro / 2x Mac Pro 8-core ATI5770 / ATI4870
MacBookPro i7 2.66Ghz

Old 10 October 2013   #29
Originally Posted by Srek: The single thread CPU performance enters quite a bit in the over all viewport performance.
In case of my i7 4770K with a Quadro 4000 the Quadro is the limiting factor, in many other cases it is the other way around. The best graphics card does not help if you have an old and/or low clocked CPU.
Cheers
Björn

Yes, you're right about that. I'll cross the both benchmarks and see if can find consistence that way!

Old 10 October 2013   #30
If you look at posts #16 and #17, you can see what I mean.

reply share thread