(plugin) DEM Earth gets an intigrated Image downloader

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2013
Originally Posted by tapaul: After much deliberation , I have decided to simplify the DEM Earth package, by adding full access to the 30m DEM data, immediatly, for all accounts. With this generous move, I hope to make the package easier for potential buyers to understand. You now get everything in one easy to understand plugin, with no strings attached and no more binding subscription or addon options to pay for.

One Year Support - Includes one years support and gives you full access to the following features during the support period.

so, what will happen with the access to those features after that one year will be over?

09 September 2013
>so, what will happen with the access to those features after that one year will be over?
you can continue to use the plugin as before. You just dont get any more updates or support.You can then decide for your self if you want to buy another years support or not.

09 September 2013
Originally Posted by tapaul: >so, what will happen with the access to those features after that one year will be over?
you can continue to use the plugin as before. You just dont get any more updates or support.You can then decide for your self if you want to buy another years support or not.

sorry to bother you, but i still have no clear picture. the website states:
"
One Year Support- Included. Giving you full access to the following features during the support period.

Free updates Included.Get all new updates and features free.
Automatic 30m DEM Data downloader Included.
DEM Earth Image Downloader Included. Easily capture web-based images from a multitude of open sources"

as i understand this text, the three features "free updates", "automatic 30m dem data downloader" and "demearth image downloader" are part of the "one year support".

if that is true, is it also true that those three features will no longer be available after the first year, unless one buys another "ticket" for a one-year-support? if this is so, do you already have a price tag for additional one-year-support tickets?

09 September 2013
>as i understand this text, the three features "free updates", "automatic 30m dem data >downloader" and "demearth image downloader" are part of the "one year support".

Yes, these are features that make demands on the server. The server costs money every month. Unlike any other plugin out there, this plugin is bound to the internet and my server due to the huge amounts of data involved. This server/plugin relationship is essentail to garauntee the unique ease of use, that the end user now experiences with DEM Earth.

>that those three features will no longer be available after the first year
These are all preimum features, that only a handful of you where prepared to pay for. I give them to you all, for free, for a year. After that, you decide for yourself if the plugin is worth your continued support. The plugin won't expire, you can continue to use it. If you continue your support, I have a reason to make it even more amazing than it already is.

regards
Paul Everett

Last edited by tapaul : 09 September 2013 at 02:40 PM.

09 September 2013
Sounds reasonable to me Paul, but to clarify, what will the annual price be?

Adam (hovering over the 'BUY' button )

Originally Posted by tapaul: >as i understand this text, the three features "free updates", "automatic 30m dem data >downloader" and "demearth image downloader" are part of the "one year support".

Yes, these are features that make demands on the server. The server costs money every month. Unlike any other plugin out there, this plugin is bound to the internet and my server due to the huge amounts of data involved. This server/plugin relationship is essentail to garauntee the unique ease of use, that the end user now experiences with DEM Earth.

regards
Paul Everett

12 core Mac Pro / 2x Mac Pro 8-core ATI5770 / ATI4870
MacBookPro i7 2.66Ghz

09 September 2013
>Sounds reasonable to me Paul, but to clarify, what will the annual price be?
I dont know for sure yet, its a long way off. But I think between 1/4 and 1/3 of the full price.

regards
Paul

09 September 2013
this is amazing news Paul.
Thanks for this. I hope I get some free time to "play around" soon.

09 September 2013
I finally had some time to update to the latest version and play with the new goodies.
Wow, just WOW. This is a really awesome piece of awesomeness.
Thanx Paul!

odo

09 September 2013
Hey Paul, This looks awesome. Looks really like a smooth and easy workflow. I am just waiting for a Job to have a need to buy it
cheers, Holger
www.c4dStuff.com

HB_ModellingBundle

09 September 2013
Thanks very much Paul, awesome.

09 September 2013
Hi Paul,
awesome news and great work (as always).

What does that new "one year fee" pricing model mean to somebody having an "elevation data server abo" like me.

Does that mean abo canceled, next payment in a year minus the time that I already own dem earth?

To be clear: I absolutely prefer your new payment idea over the server abo

Thanks and regards
Holger

09 September 2013
>What does that new "one year fee" pricing model mean to somebody having an "elevation data >server abo" like me.

hi Holger,
it means you can/should cancel the subscription and your year starts from then.

regards
Paul Everett

09 September 2013
the software and new pricing/support model look great...ordered last night and am eagerly awaiting license code so I can start experimenting

Paul

09 September 2013
>ordered last night and am eagerly awaiting license code so I can start experimenting

check your spam folder(s) i created your account within minutes of the order and you should have gotten an email from the server.

if you cant find it, make a ticket on the Support HelpDesk and I will pass your account details through that.

regards
Paul

09 September 2013
I tracked it down....thx

Paul
Originally Posted by tapaul: >ordered last night and am eagerly awaiting license code so I can start experimenting

check your spam folder(s) i created your account within minutes of the order and you should have gotten an email from the server.

if you cant find it, make a ticket on the Support HelpDesk and I will pass your account details through that.

regards
Paul

Thread Closed share thread