Scene scale in After Effects

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2013
Scene scale in After Effects

Using inches in C4D means my scaling in After Effects of compositing elements into an imported scene in AE CS6 is incredibly small. This means I can't adjust with any accuracy as the items are around the 2% scale. What is the best way around this. Should I scale the scene in Cinema and if so which way should I go.

Just hope someone else has this issue and has some insights. Don't fancy endless backward sand forward sin C4D.

Also is there a way to scale a C4D scene in After Effects CC so it matches nearer the After Effects scene

all the best

Richard

08 August 2013
I've never had any trouble with scale with going back and forth between AE and C4D. I work in the default scene scale in C4D (centimeters, I believe).

The only time I have problems with scale is when working with Maya .ma files in After Effects, or bringing in OBJs into C4D.

Try copy and pasting your scene into a new C4D project.

08 August 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread