If I Don't Renew MSA?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by Venkman: I am definitely overpaying for Cineversity. That auto renewed a while back, I totally forgot I could get it with my MSA in the US. My fault, but no less frustrating.

This is only a very recent announcement / change (last month).
Previously you had access to 1 on 1 training. Now you have access to Cineversity.
If you renewed your CV sub just before the switch I would contact sales and see if there is anything they can do.
They aren't always unreasonable when it comes to close dates.

08 August 2013
That's something you need to bring up with your local distributor as its a personal choice of Maxon Computer Inc to offer additional benefits. If you want the same or something else you need to petition to your provider that they need to sweeten their deal.

08 August 2013
For customers of MAXON, the Americas (US, Canada and Latin America), we made a change starting June 1st, swapping the 3 hours / quarter of Cineversity 1-on-1 for an annual Premium membership to Cineversity. The main reason for this change was that most customers weren't taking advantage of the 1-on-1 offering and a lot asked us to get Cineversity instead. Now, when you renew your MSA contract you'll receive a coupon code that can be used to upgrade to a premium Cineversity membership or renew your existing membership.

Cineversity 1-on-1 training and project assistance is still available on an hourly basis, and if your MSA contract was purchased prior to June 1st you'll continue to have 3 hours / quarter available until your contract expires.

The maxonshop description wasn't updated to reflect the change - I'll let the appropriate folks know so it can be fixed ASAP.

Due to the way MAXON's distribution works and the company structure, this is only a benefit of the MSA for customers of MAXON The Americas in the USA, Canada or Latin America. MSA benefits vary from region to region, based on customer demand and resources. I believe in Germany the MSA includes expanded support hours - our support is open from 9am to 5pm Pacific regardless of your MSA status, and we don't currently have resources to offer expanded hours.

Hope that clears up some of the questions.

08 August 2013
Thanks for clearing that up Rick

08 August 2013
Can someone post the details of the UK MSA pls

08 August 2013
Here's a question...

I have R13 with an expired MSA, it is my personal copy, and I have access to R14 at work. When it came to renew my MSA, I just didn't have the money.

I am however, wanting to get current for R15. I know that the price will be more, and I need to sort that out with Stephen Ridley (he still handles direct sales, yes?). However, I did just renew my CV membership. So, when i get my new MSA will I receive a credit of $95 toward the bottom line?
OSX 10.10.5
C4D R18 Studio/CC/VizRT
Will's Works

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by RickBarrett: For customers of MAXON, the Americas (US, Canada and Latin America), we made a change starting June 1st, swapping the 3 hours / quarter of Cineversity 1-on-1 for an annual Premium membership to Cineversity. The main reason for this change was that most customers weren't taking advantage of the 1-on-1 offering and a lot asked us to get Cineversity instead. Now, when you renew your MSA contract you'll receive a coupon code that can be used to upgrade to a premium Cineversity membership or renew your existing membership.

Cineversity 1-on-1 training and project assistance is still available on an hourly basis, and if your MSA contract was purchased prior to June 1st you'll continue to have 3 hours / quarter available until your contract expires.

The maxonshop description wasn't updated to reflect the change - I'll let the appropriate folks know so it can be fixed ASAP.

Due to the way MAXON's distribution works and the company structure, this is only a benefit of the MSA for customers of MAXON The Americas in the USA, Canada or Latin America. MSA benefits vary from region to region, based on customer demand and resources. I believe in Germany the MSA includes expanded support hours - our support is open from 9am to 5pm Pacific regardless of your MSA status, and we don't currently have resources to offer expanded hours.

Hope that clears up some of the questions.

I wasn't aware of this and we renewed our MSA in December. We just renewed our Cineversity last month. Can we get our automatic renewal refunded?
HyperactiveVR
I reject your reality and substitute my own

08 August 2013
I don't really want to get into responding to individual situations here, as it just clutters things up and can add to confusion. In general, it's difficult for us to discount the MSA because of the accounting rules that surround it. It's also difficult for us to credit charges that happened in a prior month (again, thanks to the bean counters).

If your MSA started prior to June 1st, it includes 3 hours of Cineversity 1-on-1 each quarter, and I encourage you to make good use of that until your MSA expires. The next time you renew, you'll get a year of Cineversity.

If there's a bit of an offset between your Cineversity expiration and MSA expiration, or really if there's any other special circumstance, you should get in touch with your sales rep - either here directly, or via your reseller. If you've previously dealt with Steve Ridley, he's left the company to make a go of a career in freelance music composition, but Joe, Phil or Mike in our sales department will be happy to help. I think Joe is taking over most of Steve's accounts, and can be reached at the same extension you might have for Steve.

08 August 2013
UK people - remember you don't have to get your MSA from maxon directly, you can shop around for it, and there some 'small' savings to be had. I just renewed mine from 'Escape-technology.com" (full disclosure, i have done design work for them) for a bit of a saving and recommend them anyway because they are a nice bunch of people.

Jigsaw24 are also worth speaking to to see if you can get the price down as well.

All these resellers are doing is speaking to Maxon anyway, as a phone call from the lovely Tracey at Maxon UK to confirm my MSA confirmed that, but every penny saved can go to an x-particles license.....

If I may say, so I will, the fact that so many users don't seem to know the full benefits of what they are getting MSA has to be a worry both to maxon and to us the customer, and while cineversity may be equivalent to having 2 machines able to run the license from a financial POV, it doesn't remotely equate from an end user standpoint and makes me glad i'm in old blighty!

Last edited by creativebloke : 08 August 2013 at 08:17 AM.

08 August 2013
OK - just clarified the UK MSA position.

And from what I understand the US is essentially giving away Cineversity with the MSA as its their product. Anyone purchasing the MSA in the UK pays exactly the same price - but doesn't get the ($295) Cineversity membership.....ummmm

Personally I feel there should be some parity in the global market. A Token 100 off the UK Studio MSA wouldn't go amiss.

Last edited by deepshade : 08 August 2013 at 02:13 PM.

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by deepshade: OK - just clarified the UK MSA position.

And from what I understand the US is essentially giving away Cineversity with the MSA as its their product. Anyone purchasing the MSA in the UK pays exactly the same price - but doesn't get the ($295) Cineversity membership.....ummmm

Personally I feel there should be some parity in the global market. A Token 100 off the UK Studio MSA wouldn't go amiss.

Don't we get the 2 machine right to party?

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by creativebloke: Don't we get the 2 machine right to party?

Everyone , US, UK etc - gets that as part of the MSA. (AFAIK)

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by deepshade: Everyone , US, UK etc - gets that as part of the MSA. (AFAIK)

So we're getting screwed then.....good to know......

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by creativebloke: So we're getting screwed then.....good to know......

You think we'd be used to it I guess, in Europe we already pay more for Autodesk or Adobe apps than the Americans do, for no good reason I can see.

One more reason to admire Pixologic, they have a flat fee for ZBrush that applies worldwide. They seem to be the outliers though.

Cheers,
Brian

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by Horganovski: You think we'd be used to it I guess, in Europe we already pay more for Autodesk or Adobe apps than the Americans do, for no good reason I can see.

One more reason to admire Pixologic, they have a flat fee for ZBrush that applies worldwide. They seem to be the outliers though.

Cheers,
Brian
wouldn't be surprised if they charge for v5, but they have been so good with the r4 updates, would happily pay, as the 'perceived' value is so much greater than it is with something like the MSA

Thread Closed share thread