If I Don't Renew MSA?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by deepshade: AFAIK its only available to US customers. UK customers are given the option to use the software on 2 machines (non consecutively). I'd expect US users cannot do that.

Yep, we can. I think that's one of the "universal" benefits of the MSA.

-kvb

08 August 2013
Wait--cineversity comes with your MSA?

I dont remember getting any kind of email from Maxon on this the last few times I renewed my MSA. (heads over to maxon site...)

08 August 2013
Hmmm... here is the link to the MSA purchase page on Maxon's US online shop--doesnt seem to mention Cineversity. Is this something new?

http://www.maxonshop.com/us/ps//1/act/gpage/code/MSA-SB

08 August 2013
I got an email from Toolfarm yesterday - it mentioned the "Cineversity Annual Subscription" as being a part of the MSA.

08 August 2013
Pretty sure I was told my Maxon UK that running the additional install was the extra offer to counter the US getting Cineversity.

So are we getting a lesser deal in the UK?

US $650 + Tax
eq to 425 + VAT ?

Anyone have a price for the UK MSA for Studio, would be worth comparing?

Last edited by deepshade : 08 August 2013 at 03:04 PM.

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by spirozero: I got an email from Toolfarm yesterday - it mentioned the "Cineversity Annual Subscription" as being a part of the MSA.

Thanks. So just to clarify, the Cineversity inclusion with the MSA isn't actually a Maxon deal, but really a 3rd party reseller promotion.

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by JoelOtron: Thanks. So just to clarify, the Cineversity inclusion with the MSA isn't actually a Maxon deal, but really a 3rd party reseller promotion.

Good question. Not sure if you could also get this directly through Maxon USA? Here's a screen grab from the Toolfarm email ...

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by deepshade: US $650 + Tax
eq to 425 + VAT ?

Anyone have a price for the UK MSA for Studio, would be worth comparing?

I just paid my MSA today as it happens, it was 504 (I think - I was in the middle of something else when James from Maxon UK phoned!). So looks to be the same as the US price, but no Cineversity.

Steve

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by spedler: I just paid my MSA today as it happens, it was 504 (I think - I was in the middle of something else when James from Maxon UK phoned!). So looks to be the same as the US price, but no Cineversity.

Steve

So we are getting a $295 (CV Membership) worse deal in the UK ?

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by deepshade: So we are getting a $295 (CV Membership) worse deal in the UK ?

Is that the joining fee nowadays? I guess so in that case.

Steve

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by deepshade: So we are getting a $295 (CV Membership) worse deal in the UK ?

Seems so. Bummer if you're not in the US. I know someone will trundle out the 'Cineversity is a separate company to Maxon' excuse but why can't the European/UK resellers sweeten the deal a little for MSA customers in some other way.

Cheers,
Brian

08 August 2013
When I spoke with a Maxon sales agent on June 11, they said this: "Starting with R15, we will be giving Cineversity to MSA subscribers for free."

So make of that what you will.

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by LukeLetellier: When I spoke with a Maxon sales agent on June 11, they said this: "Starting with R15, we will be giving Cineversity to MSA subscribers for free."

So make of that what you will.

Cool! I guess that means I wouldnt get mine till my next MSA subscription which for me is end of year

08 August 2013

It's really no better or no worse than the same deal you have always had

The CV membership replaces the 1 on 1 training that used to be offered to American MSA users.

Last edited by chi : 08 August 2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Removed useless snark. (habit)

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by JoelOtron: Cool! I guess that means I wouldnt get mine till my next MSA subscription which for me is end of year

Its not what I read.
I mean the fact that I paid for my msa in December, does not mean that I 'm not subscribed when R15 comes out, on the contrary.

Regards, Robert

Thread Closed share thread