Frequenter

portfolio
Shaun A
Creative Director
Second Sense
Karachi, Pakistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horganovski
You can also just go to the IK tag and specify exactly which axis it should use for the Pole, ie +y,-y etc. The 'Auto' option (the default one) is a bit temperamental in my experience.

Cheers,
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamT
Or that.

well that seemed to fix it, i hate doing things this way haha i wish i could just start over this feels so....unpolished haha but i will give this another go on my next project rigging seems to really be fun, im looking at how the big boys do rigging it must have a million controls.

So far so good but ive run into this weird render problem now, so what i see in the editor and what i see in the render dont match up

this is what i have in the editor

This is what the picture viewer throws up

now this seems simliar to what happens when you work with mograph and you have to use the cache to store movement is that whats going on here ? I remember things not showing up in the renderer and you had to add a cache for it to start working properly.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #17
ShaunAnsari
Frequenter

portfolio
Shaun A
Creative Director
Second Sense
Karachi, Pakistan

Any assistance available on this problem ? Im still trying but nothing seems to get the picture viewer to show my poses :(

Old 08-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #18
fluffouille
Booh

Sébastien Florand
Fluffy4D
Durham, USA

Difficult to say without seeing the file, but I'd say check your keyframes by scrubbing the timeline?
Maybe you are trying to render a pose that you did not actually keyframe, and it's rendering the actual pose recorded.

That, or check which frame you are rendering. maybe you set it differently than the current frame in the timeline.

Other option could be a priority issue, which causes your rig to lag behing when played back. This can lead to discrepancies between viewport and Picture Viewer.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:33 AM   #19
ShaunAnsari
Frequenter

portfolio
Shaun A
Creative Director
Second Sense
Karachi, Pakistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffouille
Difficult to say without seeing the file, but I'd say check your keyframes by scrubbing the timeline?
Maybe you are trying to render a pose that you did not actually keyframe, and it's rendering the actual pose recorded.

That, or check which frame you are rendering. maybe you set it differently than the current frame in the timeline.

Other option could be a priority issue, which causes your rig to lag behing when played back. This can lead to discrepancies between viewport and Picture Viewer.

Just as i read this it occurred to me the problem was aparent only in the joints i had applied a constraint tag to turns out the parent option was causing the problem, i changed it to PSR instead it moved around but i had to rotate them to ensure the axis were lined up properly once that was done the renders started showing up just fine

on this subject whats up with the parent mode i always assumed it was meant to work just how its being shown in the viewport ? is this a glitch or am i doing something wrong ?

also thanks for all your help guys my walk cycle is well on its way would not have been possible without you peeps here at CGS

Old 08-05-2013, 05:33 AM   #20
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread