MAXON Announces CINEMA 4D R15

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2013
Howdy,
Originally Posted by Srek: Numerous deformes are now multithreaded, this should speed up a lot of scenes.

Is this something that's built into the ObjectData class, or would plugin developers need to do their own multithreading in their plugin deformer's code?

Adios,
Cactus Dan

cactus3d.com, cactus3d-Plugins, CD Character Plugins forum

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Oli4D: :( thanks
That's a pity.
It's certainly a nice release, the bevel and slide tools look awesome and better rendering is always great but besides that... it's a bit disappointing. At least for me.
I guess there is lot's of cool stuff for many people, but I was hoping for a viewport performance boost in general, like I said, especially with large scenes with tons of objects that can't be merged to fewer objects.

Hello Oli4D,

This worked for me:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpos...3&postcount=138

07 July 2013

one volumetric light, IR+LM+RM+cached AO.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Continuumx: how did you accomplish the boolean of the tires is this through a render boolean plugin?

its the standard boole object.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by ThirdEye: Some interior renders i did, all with QMC/IC + Light Mapping. First one is a famous premade scene, the others are by me.

Great renders ThirdEye - Please clarify if you used QMC for the primary light bounce and Light Mapping for secondary bounces for the setup - I just viewed Mash's R15 new features video and it appeared that the QMC/IC combo is no longer available unless you set QMC as primary and the New IR methods for secondary as far as I understand it.

Thank you,

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by theglenster: [url="http://postimg.org/image/fnt0z9n43/"]

one volumetric light, IR+LM+RM+cached AO.

This is very interesting - how did you stack rendering modes - I am aware of setting the primary and secondary bounces separately, but how did you get all three (IR+LM+RM)?

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Continuumx: This is very interesting - how did you stack rendering modes - I am aware of setting the primary and secondary bounces separately, but how did you get all three (IR+LM+RM)?

Light Mapping can use Radiosity Maps to speed the calculation up even more. It's a checkbox in the LM settings. Personally i keep that always on.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Continuumx: Great renders ThirdEye - Please clarify if you used QMC for the primary light bounce and Light Mapping for secondary bounces for the setup - I just viewed Mash's R15 new features video and it appeared that the QMC/IC combo is no longer available unless you set QMC as primary and the New IR methods for secondary as far as I understand it.

Thank you,

Can't remember which one uses QMC and which one uses IC for primary (the classroom scene certainly uses QMC), but they all use LM for the secondary.

Setup is more or less the same for them all: physical renderer, physical sky, physical camera (exposure on), exponential color mapping (HSV off because it clamps the sky and you get dull reflections on the floor) and portals at windows. That's it.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Continuumx: Thanks Srek - This will be fine - Is there any information for release of the R15 demo?

Afaik it will become available at the time of the release of the main version.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Continuumx: This is very interesting - how did you stack rendering modes - I am aware of setting the primary and secondary bounces separately, but how did you get all three (IR+LM+RM)?

you can find RMs in the LM settings

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Cactus Dan: Howdy,

Is this something that's built into the ObjectData class, or would plugin developers need to do their own multithreading in their plugin deformer's code?

Adios,
Cactus Dan

Thats way out of my field, maybe check this out on plugin cafe.

07 July 2013

modeled with the new modeling tools and rendered with all our new GI and AO stuff

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by ThirdEye: Can't remember which one uses QMC and which one uses IC for primary (the classroom scene certainly uses QMC), but they all use LM for the secondary.

Setup is more or less the same for them all: physical renderer, physical sky, physical camera (exposure on), exponential color mapping (HSV off because it clamps the sky and you get dull reflections on the floor) and portals at windows. That's it.

Thanks ThirdEye - this is very helpful - one more dig down - Is this what you did for the window portals?

R14 Help -
These objects (also called "Polygon Lights") contain a material with an active Luminance channel and with the GI Area Light option enabled

Thank you,

Last edited by Continuumx : 07 July 2013 at 03:20 PM.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Cactus Dan: Howdy,

Adios,
Cactus Dan

The ObjectData interface has not changed, you will still need to perform the threading yourself.

07 July 2013
Great new features as usual.

But to me it's a huge disappointment not reading about the fixing of the slower Viewport on the market. I'm sorry to say this because I love C4D but it's the truth and you guys know it.

Not having any feedback from the interface when moving objects in scenes with large amount of clones and regular objects is a game stopper for me. I'm not even asking for real time playback, I just want to grab things and move them without everything disappearing from the Viewport. This happens even with the latest 12-core Mac and Quadro FX cards and I'm not animating millions of trees in a forest here, just regular motion graphics stuff.

Thread Closed share thread