V-RAYforC4D 1.8 features & release time information

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09 September 2013   #46
Sounds like someone needs a ban.. or a spanking...
__________________
C4D 11.532|UVLayout Pro v2|Win 7 Pro 64bit|64 GB RAM|i7 4930K|PNY GTX 780|Samsung EVO 500GB SSD|SyncMaster S27B550 27 in. LED Monitor
 
Old 09 September 2013   #47
Looks like the VRay fanboys are out!

J/K
 
Old 09 September 2013   #48
yes

anyway,please let us finish the thing,
samo island has yet 11h september,lets see if we make that

>>backtowork
stefan
__________________
V-Ray on FB:: http://www.facebook.com/vrayforc4d
http://VRAYforC4D.net
http://www.3dtools.info
http://rhino.io
 
Old 09 September 2013   #49
Originally Posted by lllab: yes

anyway,please let us finish the thing,
samo island has yet 11h september,lets see if we make that

>>backtowork
stefan


putting out a release that has bugs, incomplete feature set or causes issues for real work is not a great solution - after all we see that result with Team Render.

no sense changing from the current working VRAY until the next one is hopefully just as solid - i can't wait to see the VRAY DR as many i'm sure do as well, but i'd rather it actually work when i do.

fanboys are irrational in their wants (like wanting a release delivered "just because"), there's nothing irrational in wanting to make work easier and not add complexity due to bugs, short sighted decisions or poor planning.

looking forward to 1.8!

dann
__________________
-
Dann Stubbs - dann@darkskydigital.com
http://www.RenderKing.com Value Priced C4D, VRAY, Cycles4D Render Farm
-
 
Old 09 September 2013   #50
Originally Posted by dann_stubbs: putting out a release that has bugs, incomplete feature set or causes issues for real work is not a great solution - after all we see that result with Team Render.

no sense changing from the current working VRAY until the next one is hopefully just as solid - i can't wait to see the VRAY DR as many i'm sure do as well, but i'd rather it actually work when i do.

fanboys are irrational in their wants (like wanting a release delivered "just because"), there's nothing irrational in wanting to make work easier and not add complexity due to bugs, short sighted decisions or poor planning.

looking forward to 1.8!

dann


part of what i wanted to say , thanks dann
 
Old 09 September 2013   #51
it is a corruption in merging last changes this night, nothing evil, but needs to be cleaned.
(hope in morning is ready)
__________________
V-Ray on FB:: http://www.facebook.com/vrayforc4d
http://VRAYforC4D.net
http://www.3dtools.info
http://rhino.io

Last edited by lllab : 10 October 2013 at 02:25 AM.
 
Old 09 September 2013   #52
Very excited too, but absolutely agree about stable builds.

Were any additional changes not listed in the original post, able to make it into this build?
__________________
۩PRIST

 
Old 10 October 2013   #53
Originally Posted by hello2: Stop licking my ass. I know more than you.


OH MY GOD EVERYONE - STOP THE INTERNET! Aggressive anonymous Internet Tough Guy knows more than you!! And, for some reason, thinks you're licking his ass! Repeatedly!

Hello2, kindly fix your tone or don't post, please.
__________________
leighvanderbyl.com
 
Old 10 October 2013   #54
release

Has 1.8 been released? It seems they decided to change over their forum server at the same time the update was supposed to be released and now I can't log in.

-Shane
 
Old 10 October 2013   #55
Originally Posted by Shane W: Has 1.8 been released? It seems they decided to change over their forum server at the same time the update was supposed to be released and now I can't log in.

-Shane


They're just tidying up some last minute changes to ensure it's stable, the forums are the same account as before, just use those details.

cheers
brasc
__________________
brasco on vimeo
 
Old 10 October 2013   #56
guys,
as posted in our forum,i just decided the devs need to rest and sleep a bit, then we see what causes the unexpected error last in last merges. in last days some error happened sadly, but it seems we are too tired to find now.
(i do not want to release a buggy version just to keep a "september day")

i am sorry for that and apologize to all for the wait

Stefan
__________________
V-Ray on FB:: http://www.facebook.com/vrayforc4d
http://VRAYforC4D.net
http://www.3dtools.info
http://rhino.io
 
Old 10 October 2013   #57
If anyone experience login error or not right password in new forum just send email to gantonr@gmail.com with new password you want, from email that you used for forum registration, and you asap will have that password set or just use forgot password option ;-) but email will be faster way/


ps: shane you got email.
 
Old 10 October 2013   #58
Originally Posted by lllab: guys,
as posted in our forum,i just decided the devs need to rest and sleep a bit, then we see what causes the unexpected error last in last merges. in last days some error happened sadly, but it seems we are too tired to find now.
(i do not want to release a buggy version just to keep a "september day")

i am sorry for that and apologize to all for the wait

Stefan



hi stefan,

good luck with getting the release out... better to get it right in my opinion, but i think hello2 may have been on to something and i hope you hurry with VRAY 1.8

i mean you missed the Sept 30 release date and due to that it appears the US government has shut down! who would have thought about such repercussions related to the VRAY 1.8 ship date!

as well as i find my tongue is extremely tired for some unknown reason... can't talk or use the phone and barely can eat... very strange and have no idea why...

so, looking forward to 1.8, i can only imagine maybe asteroids or ufo's may attack if the release date slips too much further!

best of luck, hope everyone gets some rest before the earth plunges into the sun

dann
__________________
-
Dann Stubbs - dann@darkskydigital.com
http://www.RenderKing.com Value Priced C4D, VRAY, Cycles4D Render Farm
-
 
Old 10 October 2013   #59
i guess US state shutting down is a more severe thing than our little plugin.

anyway, in regard of the update it is just a few dr buckets render wrong mapped suddenly due some corruption, or error, i think will be quite easy to fix once the devs have slept a bit.
__________________
V-Ray on FB:: http://www.facebook.com/vrayforc4d
http://VRAYforC4D.net
http://www.3dtools.info
http://rhino.io
 
Old 10 October 2013   #60
Good Luck with that. Have some sleep, it's not like 1.6 stopped working like the US federal government.
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.