Dynamic Image Rendering

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2013
Dynamic Image Rendering

Very new to C4D...

Does anyone know of companies that do dynamic image rendering using C4D? I want to find someone who has a configuration engine that can take a bunch of attributes/inputs and create an output dynamically. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Erik

07 July 2013
by "dynamic" you mean real-time?
That is not really CINEMA 4Ds strength... at all :/

07 July 2013
Not exactly sure what you're looking for, but Octane Render may be it. There's also a Cinema bridge for Mental Ray which has an interactive render component (iRay).

07 July 2013
We're in the process of creating a web-based configurator using Cinema 4D (hired a firm to create these for us) images so we want an image to dynamically change in real-time when we select the product's attribute (lots of multiple attributes).

Thanks for the tip on Octane Render. We'll check that out!

Cheers,
Erik

07 July 2013
What you're talking about is something completely different. C4D generates and renders your assets, i.e. images. The render engine you use is irrelevant in this. What you want is to talk to your web developer and have him set up the page to load in the correct image for the various options picked, optionally playing an animation or dynamic transition all programmed on your web page itself.

That side has nothing to do with Cinema 4D, Cinema will just generate the images for you to use in your web app.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Per-Anders: What you're talking about is something completely different. C4D generates and renders your assets, i.e. images. The render engine you use is irrelevant in this. What you want is to talk to your web developer and have him set up the page to load in the correct image for the various options picked, optionally playing an animation or dynamic transition all programmed on your web page itself.

That side has nothing to do with Cinema 4D, Cinema will just generate the images for you to use in your web app.

Hi Per, I think he means they are using the command-line renderer to generate rendered views based on input from a web page (camera position, material options, etc.), and then serving up those custom images to the user who chose those options. Therefore, a rapid render is preferred.

07 July 2013
Quote: We're in the process of creating a web-based configurator using Cinema 4D (hired a firm to create these for us) images so we want an image to dynamically change in real-time when we select the product's attribute (lots of multiple attributes).

First I thought it was the LSD kicking in again, but then I realized that this thread is totally out-of-this-world. I feel kind of relieved.

Surely the company you hired told you guys about Unity engine and all the other possibilities before they started hustling you? As stated earlier, web is not actually C4D's forte.

07 July 2013
This is VERY an interesting topic. I set up an experiment last night using wordpress, which allows me to change the settings in c4d via a wordpress account or a form and use a tiny plugin that reads the web settings, in the background and re-renders my cube when the settings change. It took just a few hours to set up. That could be a pretty cool way to do dynamic rendered product/option presentations. It's like a remote control for c4d via web. The possibilities for this aproach are making me dizzy right now.

regards
Paul

07 July 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread