r14 Rotation Navigation

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2013   #1
r14 Rotation Navigation

I've been using r13 since it came out and am very familiar with it's navigation. I finally started a new project in r14 and added a camera and discovered the left/right rotation navigation is reversed (I hold the number 3 key down to orbit). Is there a way to swap that behavior? I tried using the 'reverse orbit' option, but that made it even worse. Please tell me there's a way? and perhaps a reasonable explanation as to WHY that would change from one version to another? I'm trying to move around my objects, not fly a helicopter! lol

Thanks,

Ryan

Old 07 July 2013   #2
Hey,

I hope I understood you right, but your problem is, that you are not rotating around your objects, isn't it? Because I had the same problem. You can solve it, if you go to your editor window to cameras->navigation and then select object modus.

I hope that helps

Anna

Old 07 July 2013   #3
I'm sorry, I described my problem incorrectly.

In r13, if I have a cube on screen and hold 3 and drag left, I rotate toward the right side of the object, and rotates toward the left side of the cube when I drag right. This is fine and also the case in r14.

The problem is when I drag up/down. In r13, dragging up while holding 3 shows me the bottom of the cube and dragging down shows me the top. In r14, that up/down is reversed and I can't seem to change that. Is there a way?

Thanks!

Ryan

Old 07 July 2013   #4
There navigation didnt change between 13 and 14, they both navigate in identical directions; c4d only has the option to invert all directions, not left/right up/down individually.

Some plugin running? if not try deleting your prefs

Old 07 July 2013   #5
Strange, it was the camera I was using. I dropped in a fresh camera and it's back to normal. Onward!

Old 07 July 2013   #6
This is a weird problem with the banking of the camera.

To replicate: Use a new camera. Set the banking to 359 or even 359.99 degrees - this is almost invisible on screen. Try to move - the vertical suddenly seems reversed.

To remedy: Set the banking to 0 again.

Old 07 July 2013   #7
Indeed, very odd behavior

Old 07 July 2013   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread