Pacific Rim + C4D

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2013   #31
Those titles are absolutely stunning, what you're doing at IF really is incredible, you're showcasing just what is possible with Cinema 4D.

Just checked out your other work/idents they are just superb, I hope you're proud of your work because it's exactly that.

Thank You for sharing

Old 07 July 2013   #32
Originally Posted by C.Smith: Ouch, Patrick I was waiting for the first use of 'vaporware' If it makes you feel better, I started back on it today after months off for my new baby and work. Sigh, someday...

OP: Great work.

That is good news because when I saw the demo it looked massively promising

Old 07 July 2013   #33
-bandini, thanks for the compliments. When we were asked to hop in on this crazy ride, the budget for the whole thing got pulled from another part of post production. You're totally right that they hadn't even planned for a Main-On-End sequence, let alone an opening title. It wasn't until Guillermo so our pitch boards for the end that he realized that nowhere in the film did the words "Pacific Rim" show up!

He ended up liking one of our MOE pitches so much he found some budget to have us build it up as the main title. I think they borrowed our budget from something like a day or two of ADR?

-C Smith, I'm sure you get this all the time, but if you ever need someone to test out your camera tools in production, we would love to help you out. I've been drooling ever since I saw your demo.

-ClassicGamer, much appreciated. We're trying to push what people think can be done in C4D pretty hard at Imaginary Forces. With stuff like Krakatoa, XP2, Octane, and Arnold on the horizon, there's a ton of potential out there to push the limits!

Old 07 July 2013   #34
Originally Posted by WillRyan: I'm sure you get this all the time, but if you ever need someone to test out your camera tools in production, we would love to help you out. I've been drooling ever since I saw your demo...

Hey Ryan - I'm curious if you've used/tried Lennart's SteadyCam tools? The reason I ask is SteadyGlide sounds like it would be perfect for the moves you're describing, controlled transitioning between any number of camera positions, and SteadyCamPro is pretty much the perfect rig for more involved moves IMO, I'd be lost without it.

Old 07 July 2013   #35
I definitely will check it out - Lennart's plaMATE saved my ass on a project last winter

Old 07 July 2013   #36
Finally got to check out the titles (and the film)---a fun ride.

Always been a sucker for these sort of macro shallow dof shots. Textures, lighting, and camera moves look great--especially on the end titles.

I too would have liked to see those beautiful complex Jaeger textures up close, but the glossy black worked well andyou explained why you chose to go that way.

Impressive job--thanks for sharing. Would be cool to see a breakdown of your passes if thats ever possible.

Old 07 July 2013   #37
Originally Posted by JoelOtron: Impressive job--thanks for sharing. Would be cool to see a breakdown of your passes if thats ever possible.

or a NAB presentation.

Old 07 July 2013   #38
Booked in tickets with my girlfriend today it was funny moments later somebody in line showed me what Hideo Kojima was saying about the movie, made me want to watch it even sooner

quite excited

Old 07 July 2013   #39
Originally Posted by chi: or a NAB presentation.

or a SIGGRAPH presentation

http://www.c4dlive.com/

Old 07 July 2013   #40
Beautiful work on titles!

Old 07 July 2013   #41
Loved the end titles in the movies!

Old 07 July 2013   #42
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread