Rigid Boy Dynamics and unwanted Jitter

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2013
Rigid Boy Dynamics and unwanted Jitter

Hi,

I'm figuring out the possibilities of C4D's Rigid Body engine and it seems to be harder to master than I actually thought. In my tests I'm breaking a glass of water into pieces but the concave pieces move very strange :-/ Some of them are extremely fast (translation & rotation) while others behave okay. Moreover I simply can't get enough precision into my simulation and even with very high settings in the "steps per frame" and "maximum solver iterations per step" the accuracy won't increase :(
This results in ultra fast spinning objects, collision problems and the pieces don't rest (even with very high damping settings and the collision mode "convex hull" or even "moving mesh")

So is there any good ressource for more advanced tutorials that deal with more complex objects than cubes or spheres? Simulating a cube is quite easy and the tutorials that I know only handle such simple objects.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Daniel

06 June 2013
Hard to know without seeing the scene, but you did mention "concave pieces". With non cube like objects, be sure you specify the "Moving Mesh" shape and not the "Automatic" shape in the dynamics tag.

Just shooting in the dark here.

_mike

06 June 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread