keyframing issues

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2013
keyframing issues

Hey guys

As I'm working on my shortfilm I stumbled over a weird issue in the rig of my character.
Basically, as I want to animate the jaw, Cinema doesn't seem to accept my input anymore. I set one keyframe at pitch -90 and the next keyframe at say -100. As soon as I keyframe the -100, the -90 key seems to get overwritten. Or ignored? The track isn't muted in the timeline though..

All the other controls of the character work fine. I tried animating the jawbone directly, same problem. So the issue doesn't seem to be related to constraint settings.

All this worked while I rigged the head, now a couple weeks later, seems to be broken and I can't seem to figure out where I messed up.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Chris

06 June 2013
Hey Christoph!

Did you try changing the keyframe interpolation type? Sometimes if things start getting weird with keys I'll switch them over to step or linear- Did you try the old copy/paste the character into a new scene? Or sometimes the prefs get weird- and you need to delete them or preferably replace them with a backed up version that you know works properly.
M dot Strange dot CoM

06 June 2013
Hey mDot thanks for your help!
Tried the whole copy paste procedure, didn't work, same with the keyframe interpolation. I ended up replacing the whole head from an older version of the file. now it's working like it should again

06 June 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread