Krakatoa SR for Cinema 4D to be released soon !

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2013
In a recent 3DWorld magazine they stated that Arnold "is set to become available to individual artists before the end of the year". I had previously heard that there was a beta C4D bridge to Arnold, and now that seems confirmed. The combination of these 2 events can only be a good thing for freelancers later this year

06 June 2013
super news, cant wait to get my hands on it !

06 June 2013
congratulations on the development. would / could this work with jawset's t4d ?

06 June 2013
Originally Posted by studiolocal: congratulations on the development. would / could this work with jawset's t4d ?

For what? We add jawset's t4d renderer as post effect, should work. But need to compose it by outputs.

06 June 2013
Originally Posted by studiolocal: congratulations on the development. would / could this work with jawset's t4d ?

Thanks

We are roughly planning to have a workflow like FumeFX/Krakatoa in the future, but can't promise anything right now.

06 June 2013
thanks daniel. in truth I dont know enough about Krakatoa but when i saw the fume combination it seemed an obvious thing to ask. exciting times indeed.

06 June 2013
Originally Posted by lllab: @ hello2, vrayforc4d is the youngest vray version (max, maya dev. had started many years before) , it has had last core update in december to core 2.35. it is continuous be worked on. it is very alive.

@ ilay, i think he(daniel) only tested the realflow plugin, he didnt develop itas far i know ,not sure, anyway he is no part of NL.

stefan

Isnt softimage younger then C4D? As far I knew vray for softimage hasnt been out for that long but still is version 1.5(?)

Sorry for making it about vray, just wanted to clarify

06 June 2013
Originally Posted by dahh: Isnt softimage younger then C4D? As far I knew vray for softimage hasnt been out for that long but still is version 1.5(?)

Sorry for making it about vray, just wanted to clarify

VrayForSI is 1.6.9 (for public demo) or you mean vray-core?

06 June 2013
@dahh, the numbering system isnt the same in the vray versions, numbers have nothing to do with the features, updates or age. softimage started with 1.5, we started with 1.0 number p.e.. we had a lot more updates (we use vray core 2.35 atm p.e, newer than xsi),

softimage vray is also developed since many years behind the scenes before it was public, also it has partly less/other features than vrayforc4d. vray maya and max, which both exist much longer than all other versions is what i talked about. c4d vray is the youngest of all vray version available, there was an xsi alpha when we started.

maybe nice for the original poster to stay a bit more on topic

cheers
stefan
http://rhino.io

Last edited by lllab : 06 June 2013 at 03:16 PM.

06 June 2013
to clarify things a little:
Krakatoa is a renderer itself. it is a (extremely fast and good) point renderer. thats it.
it has nothing to do with Arnold, neither with VRay, nor with any other engine.

hope this hepls.
fuat

06 June 2013
Originally Posted by fuat: thats it.

Not only renderer but also generator of particles in some circumstances, as well as prt exporter abilities and some particle handling. (Most features appear in the MX version though and it arent currently implemented into Krakatoa SR)

Last edited by uglykids : 06 June 2013 at 06:52 PM.

06 June 2013
can anyone tell me where the info comes from that Arnold is coming to c4d ?
links ? info ? or indicates krakatoa automatically arnold ?
have i missed something in this thread ?

06 June 2013
you missed the pictures in the first post apparently

06 June 2013
Originally Posted by uglykids: Not only renderer but also generator of particles in some circumstances, as well as prt exporter abilities and some particle handling. (Most features appear in the MX version though and it arent currently implemented into Krakatoa SR)

plus access to all kinds of particle channels and attributes.

06 June 2013
Originally Posted by LucentDreams: you missed the pictures in the first post apparently

@ arnold renderer
indeed, the screenshot has not loaded the first time in my browser.
i dunno, but maybe intereseting for some people, just tried to add a support infront of the original url. sorry for hijacking the thread.
https://support.solidangle.com/

@krakatoa
was about time, i think this can be a great addition for the great amount of motion graphic artist using our beloved c4d.

but i also hoped that maybe the internal hair render could be developed further as a particle rendering engine as it has potential for it.

Thread Closed share thread