Krakatoa SR for Cinema 4D to be released soon !

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2013
Originally Posted by AdamT: So, what does this offer that in terms of rendering that X-Particles doesn't have built in?

Also interested in the answer to this question. Is it only a renderer?

06 June 2013
Originally Posted by uglykids: Its Krakatoa from Thinkbox, nothing more to add

And you're the developer of this plugin?

06 June 2013
Originally Posted by AdamT: And you're the developer of this plugin?

I guess he/them are porting it for c4d,

06 June 2013
If it's only Windows and not for Mac, fuck it!

06 June 2013
Originally Posted by AdamT: So, what does this offer that in terms of rendering that X-Particles doesn't have built in?

Originally Posted by uglykids: Its Krakatoa from Thinkbox, nothing more to add

Adam. There's tons of videos that highlight the strengths of Krakatoa. I think the guy is only being moderately sarcastic, assuming you would already be familiar with the tool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivJm_wB_U5s

"KRAKATOA offers both Particle and Voxel rendering modes using the same source data. It supports volumetric and additive particle shading, texturing, high-quality particle self-shadowing and shadow casting from and onto matte objects. Per-particle Scatter, Emission, Absorption and Density data channels, as well as various Light Scattering models allow deep levels of control over the final image. Motion Blur and Depth Of Field camera effects are naturally supported."

Krakatoa relies heavily on particle density to get the volumetric look that it's famous for, and thankfully the new xparticles is up to that task. Without multithreaded support and the ability to produce 10's (or even 100's) of millions of particles, krakatoa would have been somewhat of a lame duck in C4D. Now that's changed with the new xparticles, so we'll have one of Max's best tools at our disposal.

06 June 2013
Originally Posted by basti: oh a minimum of 10 nodes was my last info (some time ago though),
sorry!

5 licenses/nodes minimum is my last info,sorry

http://www.xsiforum.de/thread.php?p...3125#post103125

btw. this looks great daniel!

Last edited by useruser : 06 June 2013 at 06:09 PM.

06 June 2013
Yeah I hope one of our awesome mac dev will find a solution for us mac users -_-'

Anyone around?

06 June 2013
Originally Posted by dahh: exciting (arnold also)! but krakatoa SR only supports Windows right?

Originally Posted by uglykids: Currently yes, this is a decision Thinkbox has to take.

Originally Posted by hello2: If it's only Windows and not for Mac, fuck it!

Thinkbox has just recently ported the plugin version to Mac - Here it is rendering in Maya on OS X

https://twitter.com/thinkboxsoft/st...3073152/photo/1

I'd say there may be a chance that SR gets ported. I've contacted them directly to find out, still waiting to hear back.

Last edited by wiremuse : 06 June 2013 at 06:23 PM.

06 June 2013
Smile

I'm excited to use this!

So much potential. I believe there will be a way to use krakatoa for mac in the standalone version through PRT importing. You will have the ability to use XP2 and TP with it. You could also realflow -> c4d -> krakatoa as well if you wanted to through c4d into that mix.

As for arnold, excuse me while i go blind from smiling too largely. (Exciting things)

06 June 2013
Looking forward to it! It will be lovely paired with XP .

Cheers,
Josh

06 June 2013

Sorry, it just wasn't my intention to have this thread go into the plugin a VS plugin b "dead end" direction. If you are fine with X-Particles features and it serves your purpose, congrats
(also cheaper than Krakatoa SR). If you know Krakatoa and have a need for the specific workflow, features and feel it extends your toolset, you are welcome!

Originally Posted by AdamT: And you're the developer of this plugin?

Which plugin do you mean? Krakatoa SR is developed from Thinkbox Software (prior PrimeFocus)

The bridge/exporter for Cinema 4D will be available by us.

Last edited by uglykids : 06 June 2013 at 05:08 AM.

06 June 2013
I hope it will be real Krakatoa, not a cropped version.
As it happen with VrayforC4D and Thinking Particles (look like light version) for Cinema 4D.

06 June 2013
Originally Posted by hello2: I hope it will be real Krakatoa, not a cropped version.
As it happen with VrayforC4D and Thinking Particles (look like light version) for Cinema 4D.

VRayforC4d is light?
Not from where I'm sitting it isn't.

06 June 2013
Yes it is cropped version.
Could you render Ambient Occlusion in external channel which you can name "Custom AE from VrayMat-Dirt". Could you do it?

update: Custom AO (ambient occlusion), sorry for misprint.

Last edited by hello2 : 06 June 2013 at 03:49 AM.

06 June 2013
I don't render mulitpass renders, so I wouldn't have been aware of this short coming.
But the idea of a 'light' version, to me at least, implies that I have a very limited set of tools when compared to the version inside of 3DS Max. Which is not the case. Actually in certain scenarios, VRayForC4D is more flexible.

In the interest of staying on topic. Krakatoa is it's own render engine right? Or does it plug directly into C4D and render along side an AR scene? Does it play with VRay at all?

Thread Closed share thread