After Effects CC and Cineware

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2013   #1
After Effects CC and Cineware

Hi all,
since yesterday the new After Effetcs CC is available. As you might know it includes Cineware. Cineware allows you to integrate CINEMA 4D directly into AE.
For those who didn't know yet, try it
For those who want to try it here is a small hint:
If you don't want to rely on the CINEMA 4D Lite version integrated in AE CC you need to have R14.042 installed on your system. Make sure it is installed via the installer on the DVD, installations done by copying the files can't be recognized.

Cheers
Björn

Old 06 June 2013   #2
Is the old option of opening a AE file generated from C4d multi pass still available or is that older workflow no more?

For some reason when I put the old C4d import plugins into AE CC I get error message at start-up.

Last edited by vincent scotti : 06 June 2013 at 08:00 PM.

Old 06 June 2013   #3
Srek, there's an FAQ on greyscalegorilla that states Cineware is compatible with C4d R12 and up. Is this true? i.e.: We don't need to have r14 in order to work with Cineware?

http://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/20...ma-4d-lite-faq/

"What versions of Cinema 4D are supported in Cineware?
Cinema 4D scene files made with R12 and up are supported in Cineware."

Old 06 June 2013   #4
Sorry, the old plugin and Cineware can't be installed at the same time since they use several common properties that can't be split. Having said that, Cineware should deliver exactly the same function as the old plugin, it just can do a lot more than that
edit: the aec file importer will work

R12 files can be loaded afaik, but the live exchange can only work with 14.042

Cheers
Björn

Last edited by Srek : 06 June 2013 at 07:11 AM.

Old 06 June 2013   #5
Ambient Occlusion mulitpass

So before anyone flames me for not reading the manual, it won't open from within AE CC for some reason, maybe as I have R14 already installed. I did actually find the manual, but couldn't find how to use the Ambient Occlusion Multi pass. Depth works well but Ambient Occlusion is just a white frame. Anyone know the workflow to get this to appear. Obviously if you turn it on in the composition it appears but it's kind of baked in already.

Old 06 June 2013   #6
Originally Posted by Srek: Hi all,
since yesterday the new After Effetcs CC is available. As you might know it includes Cineware. Cineware allows you to integrate CINEMA 4D directly into AE.
For those who didn't know yet, try it
For those who want to try it here is a small hint:
If you don't want to rely on the CINEMA 4D Lite version integrated in AE CC you need to have R14.042 installed on your system. Make sure it is installed via the installer on the DVD, installations done by copying the files can't be recognized.

Cheers
Björn

I had an opportunity to experiment with this feature. It is a time saver. I basically opened a new cinema 4d file from within AE then went right in C4D for setting up a simple animation.

As soon as I hit the 'save' C4D scene, it appeared in AE. The only thing I miss is it picking up things like C4D sky object - all I received with the experiment was a black background.

It is definitely a glimpse of a sophisticated blending of AE and C4D.

The other thing I would like to see in Cineware is the option to go ahead and save an image sequence. If it is doing this already, I have no idea where the image sequence is being saved. It would be cool to take the image sequence output from Cineware into lightroom/photoshop/speedgrade for specialty editing. Once the specialty editing is complete, roundtrip this back to AE/Cineware.

Old 06 June 2013   #7
Originally Posted by Continuumx: The other thing I would like to see in Cineware is the option to go ahead and save an image sequence. If it is doing this already, I have no idea where the image sequence is being saved. It would be cool to take the image sequence output from Cineware into lightroom/photoshop/speedgrade for specialty editing. Once the specialty editing is complete, roundtrip this back to AE/Cineware.

I agree. This is a huge timesaver. But it would be great to be able to save the c4d-output to disk separately , and then be able to choose from AE if you want to rerender the layer or not. When finishing comps, its not always necessary to rerender the 3d-frames every time.

-b

Old 06 June 2013   #8
Originally Posted by rsquires: So before anyone flames me for not reading the manual, it won't open from within AE CC for some reason, maybe as I have R14 already installed. I did actually find the manual, but couldn't find how to use the Ambient Occlusion Multi pass. Depth works well but Ambient Occlusion is just a white frame. Anyone know the workflow to get this to appear. Obviously if you turn it on in the composition it appears but it's kind of baked in already.

try this
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-aft...ible-tv-part-2/

Old 06 June 2013   #9
Originally Posted by druller: try this
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-aft...ible-tv-part-2/

great. Thanks

Old 06 June 2013   #10
AE/C4D New York Meeting

If you happen to be in Manhattan at June 27th then check this out:

www.aeny.org

There is a very cool meeting/presentation set up in a public school auditorium.

It's all about the AE and C4D integration.

You have to register a (free) ticket to come into the school. Be quick to reserve a ticket.
This will definitely fill up quickly.

Usually there are nice door prices as well. Books, plugins, media, race cars, rocket ships...

Cu you there next week!
Rainer

Old 06 June 2013   #11
Hi,

I'm currently working (and testing) Cineware for a job.
It fits quite well into my current pipeline.
But there's one strange thing: if I want to transform the Cineware layer with AE's own position, scaling and rotation keyframes, the C4D objects then all of the sudden disappear
Also, there is no "parenting" option for the Cineware layer... - why is that so ?
It is important for me to repositioning a 3D layer with 2D values (e.g. if I do tracking work).
I precomposed the Cineware layer, so that it works now, but was that intended to be like this ?

Kind regards

Serge

Old 06 June 2013   #12
Ok, so, I have Cinema 4D Studio 14.042 and AE CS6. Do I have to have AE CC to use Cineware? I have a project that is looking like it would be a time saver, but I'm not down with CC yet.
HyperactiveVR
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Old 06 June 2013   #13
Yes, as I understand it Cineware will be CC only.

Old 06 June 2013   #14
Originally Posted by AdamT: Yes, as I understand it Cineware will be CC only.

Ah, the joy of capitalism. They've got to try and wring the money out of your wallet somewhow

Old 06 June 2013   #15
Originally Posted by Troyan: Ok, so, I have Cinema 4D Studio 14.042 and AE CS6. Do I have to have AE CC to use Cineware? I have a project that is looking like it would be a time saver, but I'm not down with CC yet.

Cineware is only included in AE CC.

Thread Closed share thread