14.042 Update

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #1
Exclamation 14.042 Update

Hi all,
just to let you know, we just made an update from 14.041 to 14.042 available. It fixes a nasty OGL crash that came in with 14.041. This crash only happened on OS X so you don't neccesarily need to apply the update on Windows. You should apply it on Windows if you are using a heterogenous network for Net Rendering (mixed OS X and Win Clients).
Cheers
Björn

Old 05 May 2013   #2
Originally Posted by Srek: Hi all,
just to let you know, we just made an update from 14.041 to 14.042 available. It fixes a nasty OGL crash that came in with 14.041. This crash only happened on OS X so you don't neccesarily need to apply the update on Windows. You should apply it on Windows if you are using a heterogenous network for Net Rendering (mixed OS X and Win Clients).
Cheers
Björn

thanks bjorn!

dann
-

Old 05 May 2013   #3
Looks like it fixed our crashes.

Thanks Maxon!

Old 05 May 2013   #4
Im getting weird SSS & SPD problems after the update. I reported to Maxon.

Old 05 May 2013   #5
I got a crash, had to manually restart computer. OSX10.8.3

That have never happend for me in C4D before...

Old 05 May 2013   #6
Originally Posted by JoelOtron: Im getting weird SSS & SPD problems after the update. I reported to Maxon.

It 's very unlikely that your problem is related in any way to the 14.042 update - that update just avoids using a certain GL functionality (that leads to a OS X driver crash). There are no changes regarding SSS, SPD or rendering in this update.

Best regards,

wbj

Old 05 May 2013   #7
Hi wbj

I believe you are correct. Tried running the file on our farm which is still R14.041 and same weird glitch. Dont know if you are on the maxon US support team but if you are you would have gotten my file. Havent heard back yet. For whatever reasons c4d has chosen me to encounter the strangest of SSS bugs.

Sorry to convolute this thread--must have just been a coincidence.

Old 05 May 2013   #8
Crashing quite frequently here, only when moving around the viewports and it crashes without any error or any Bug report on restart. Will try some older graphics drivers see if it resolves.

cheers
brasc

Old 05 May 2013   #9
Originally Posted by brasco: Crashing quite frequently here, only when moving around the viewports and it crashes without any error or any Bug report on restart. Will try some older graphics drivers see if it resolves.

cheers
brasc

You're not on OS X - therefore the update brought no changes for you.

I'd suggest checking/updating your Wacom driver and (if that doesn't fix it) follow support's advice of checking the installed 3rd party plugins (as your callstack in recent reports was garbled) - and please forward requested scene files when asked; without response we can't make any further investigations when it's crashing outside of our code.

Best regards,

wbj

Old 05 May 2013   #10
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread