Surface Spread Polygon count.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
Surface Spread Polygon count.

Hi all,

I bought Surface spread last week and I am very happy, it is fantastic!

I am doing a landscape that should be about 4 million polygons but can not get "SPREADscape" show me more than 1 million.
Please Is this a limitation of the plugin or is there any way to get more than 1 million polygons?

Thanks in advance

Diego

05 May 2013
I think that the count you set is the maximum -- not the exact number; it's reduced by certain parameters such as overlap constraints. Increase the maximum if possible to raise the count.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by AdamT: I think that the count you set is the maximum -- not the exact number; it's reduced by certain parameters such as overlap constraints. Increase the maximum if possible to raise the count.

The maximun segment count that is allowed here is 1000 for both the width and length. that gives me 1 million polys.
I sent an mail let see what they say, I found no reference to this in the manual it is possible that I have overlooked.

Thanks
Diego

05 May 2013
I should have read more carefully. I thought you were talking about the surface spread object -- not the spreadscape object. Not sure what the deal is there, but I don't see why you couldn't put it under a HN if you need more detail.

05 May 2013
I have already been answered, it seems that 1000 divisions is also a limitation that has the Cinema's Plane primitive object, but they are working on a new terrain generator that will not have that limitation, let see what happens, apparently going to have algorithms erosion and river, this is really cool for terrains.

Thanks
Diego

05 May 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread