Future Of Cinema 4D

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by jumamu: But, sure america has smart peoples too... because most of the best softwares are from there (and the innovations)...

Hey, as a Canadian I have to object; Canada has a pretty good 3D software track record: Houdini, Maya, Softimage...

(By the way, this is a joke, and not intended to evolve into a nationalistic pissing match!)

05 May 2013
Please guys, stay on topic and leave all those personal/national discussions out of this forum!
I'm not happy with many C4D related things, but this is not excuse for being rude

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by AdsovonMelk: Please guys, stay on topic and leave all those personal/national discussions out of this forum!
I'm not happy with many C4D related things, but this is not excuse for being rude

I agree I was just joking with the true things of america because somebody (from america) started to insult germans. I believe to the justice of "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth"..

Do the same unto others as you would have them do unto you.. i am not religious guy but this is quite good wisdom

But sure it would be nice to stay in topic. But it looks like the topic have been already finished.

Last edited by jumamu : 05 May 2013 at 03:37 PM.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by NWoolridge: Hey, as a Canadian I have to object; Canada has a pretty good 3D software track record: Houdini, Maya, Softimage...

(By the way, this is a joke, and not intended to evolve into a nationalistic pissing match!)

I thought Canada is part of/belongs to North America (continents)? O_o

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by hsrdelic: @AntimatterVFX

I don't see how my private account on this forum suddenly became "Maxon representative account" ?
This would mean that every single member who works for any company becomes their spoke person instantly after posting on forum? That is ridiculous.

To sum what happened here, I merely expressed my excitement about future of Cinema 4D and that somehow turned into Maxon secrecy bashing thread? No wonder that people who either freelance or work directly for Maxon are avoiding to post - I know I will.

Ah, you committed the cardinal sin of saying something positive! For shame!!

Since you stopped using Mudbox you should spend all your time on the Mudbox forum angrily explaining why you still aren't using Mudbox.

05 May 2013
But if we would stay in the topic, i would say that: if you look all autodesk products - you can see that how autodesk has been focused on Maya mostly.

Maya has got big upgrades, but those upgrades hasn't give anything new to users. Only simulations which they have had already, but this time those simulations will interact. I mean n-system, nHair & nCloth & nParticles etc... Sure it is great thing to have interaction but it looks like there are no coming any new innovations. They are just replacing simulations with n-system, first they added nRigidbody etc. then they added nHair and nParticle... in separate upgrades, why? Because they want to get more money.

I think that if Maxon will do unified/interactive physics, they will released it in one release and that's why it will take time.

And SideFX looks to be focusing in vfx... There are only few new modelling tools & animation tools, but there are "lots of" new simulation tools, well... some ocean simulation tools and cloud fx tools.

Last edited by jumamu : 05 May 2013 at 03:57 PM.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by AdsovonMelk: Please guys, stay on topic and leave all those personal/national discussions out of this forum!

huh, your thread about modo-related stuff broke my love to c4d. it's your fault.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by IlaySHP: huh, your thread about modo-related stuff broke my love to c4d. it's your fault.

Oops, sorry Ilay, that was not my intention.
I'm juts a little bit worried about this "future of c4d".
Imagine that maxon in next release will implement some nice modeling features and few other little things and wont touch any performance related stuff. After that luxology implement better than maxon mograph features and 3ds max will get plugin for that. What will be the strong point of c4d then besides ease of use?

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by AdsovonMelk: After that luxology implement better than maxon mograph features and 3ds max will get plugin for that. What will be the strong point of c4d then besides ease of use?

Nothing...

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by IlaySHP: Nothing...

I agree.. And that's why we should vote with our wallets... That will make Maxon to think twice before they release next version.

And if modo sounds better after 2 years... you can buy it and start to use it.. it's that simple.
You can always choose your software. Bad things happens (like adobe CC) but you can use the old version if you like it and if you need it, and you can get second tool for making those things what are not possible with your old software family.

I am considering to change my C4D to Modo if the future versions of C4D is not making me happy anymore and Modo will have those features what i need mostly. Aslo LW looks to have good upgrades so it is my second option after modo (i do already own modo601 lisence but i didn't see any impressive in 701 update). And i have read about 701 that it has lots of bugs and it is not stable. I need software which do not crash every time, because i don't know how to code plugins / fix software so that's why i love C4D - because it's stable and it has features which i need and it's fast to use (because i have short deadlines for my projects).

Last edited by jumamu : 05 May 2013 at 04:38 PM.

05 May 2013
@IlaySHP & AdsovonMelk

We have one seat of Modo701 it's quite buggy at the moment but modelling and rendering are very nice. I recently did a huge particle simulation and rendered it in Modo's volumetrics and you could barely tell it wasn't a real smoke sim. There's a lot of work for Luxology to do especially on replicators and dynamics which are not close to C4D's level and Modo has big gaps in some areas but it does have great modelling, sculpting and painting toolset.

At NAB Autodesk showed Max Mograph tools which was basically a reordering of menus and it look very similar to C4D's menus. Max has a lot of parametric tools too and if Autodesk work on the toolset there will no doubt be stiff competition for Maxon. Which is a good thing. They also showed AE integration to so you can bet Max will move in on this territory.

The world outside is moving on at a pace and there's plenty of other viable options out there if Maxon disappoint.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by littledevil: just because the internet is full of spoiled brats, it is ok to act like a spoiled brat ?

I don't recall making any statements to that effect.

The point I was attempting to convey is that online forums are a dynamic environment under which contributing members are expected to provide everything from praise to harsh criticism.

Complaints, both constructive and not, are a fact of life and the anonymity afforded by the Internet makes this all the more easy to do. Posters will take the time and energy to bash your product regardless of how noble your intentions.

Thus, it is advisable that company representatives who elect to engage users on forums with respect to the product they support should develop a thick skin and be prepared for the oncoming barrage.

You could, of couse, choose to not participate and forgo communication with your customer base but, as you well know, such a decision is often more harmful to a company's prospects overall.

There are posters out there amid all the detractors who genuinely want to offer constructive feedback in order to help developers improve their products if you're willing to give them a chance.

Quote: you get it, that this is pretty offensive ? would you like blabbing me some racist
stereotypes about canadians ? i guess not.

It never occurred to me that labeling the good folks across the river Rhine as producers of marvels of engineering would offend anyone, much less the Germans themselves.

I suspect however, that this is merely the result of misinterpretation so suffice it to say, I was actually paying your countrymen a compliment.

05 May 2013
If this thread doesn't get back on track, it's going to catch the train to Closureville...

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by keremgo3d:
I'm a bit conservative when it comes to 3D Software. I've spend long years to master what I'm using. Switching from a user friendly tool like C4D to any other "user fiendly" software is so not attractive to me.

I wonder what you guys think about the place of Cinema 4D on the market, and about its future? Would be cool to hear your opinions about this...

Thank you in advance!

Honestly, with the announcements here in the past couple of weeks, the new Effex software, X-Particles 2 and the upcoming and polished Vray release. Not to mention, R15 in the near future. I'd say the future for C4D is looking quite bright.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by phaedarus: I don't recall making any statements to that effect.

The point I was attempting to convey is that online forums are a dynamic environment under which contributing members are expected to provide everything from praise to harsh criticism.

Complaints, both constructive and not, are a fact of life and the anonymity afforded by the Internet makes this all the more easy to do. Posters will take the time and energy to bash your product regardless of how noble your intentions.

There is a difference between harsh criticism and ranting. While the first one is totally ok and should
get the same the same attention as positive responses, the second one, which sadly also occurs here
on CgTalk more and more, is simply disrespectful. Maxon is not obligated to answer such responses of
disrespectful and ranting nature. You did refer to gaming forums in your first posting which often
contain more posting of such disrespectful nature and implied with that Maxon has to deal with such tone.

Might have been a misunderstanding or not, but I do agree with the conclusion of your current posting.
I also do agree with you that Maxon has sometimes a communication problem, but the fact remains that
Maxon has not respond to any form of 'criticism', even if such ranting contains some truth.

Originally Posted by phaedarus: It never occurred to me that labeling the good folks across the river Rhine as producers of marvels of engineering would offend anyone, much less the Germans themselves.

Positive discrimination (jews are good with money, all black people can dance ...) is not any better
than negative discrimination. Simply do not refer to an ethnic or country as a whole when making
such statements. If you want to express that there might be pattern, say something like 'companies
from Germany tend to do this and that', as this does not imply the stupid idea that there is some racial
obligation forcing that ethnic in that behaviour.

Thread Closed share thread