Future Of Cinema 4D

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  05 May 2013
I highly doubt that R15 will bring massive performance boost. On the other hand it's possible that some side development is going on for much longer than one release cycle. Biggest core change was R12 so three or four years is a lot of development time, but for now I am also pessimistic.
 
  05 May 2013
Originally Posted by AdsovonMelk: I highly doubt that R15 will bring massive performance boost. On the other hand it's possible that some side development is going on for much longer than one release cycle. Biggest core change was R12 so three or four years is a lot of development time, but for now I am also pessimistic.


The period from R11-R12 was the high point for C4D development with Mograph, bullet, deformers and linear workflow etc, there was a lot of very useful features added. R13 and R14 have not been great releases IMO which may indicate effort going elsewhere i.e. a serious rewrite.

But I doubt it.

I'd like to ask Maxon why they think their customers are less deserving of complex scene performance than customers of Autodesk? The answer would be something along the lines, "We coded you a solo button and we expect you to use it!"

I don't agree that C4D is so feature rich users should expect less features in an update, go check out https://vimeo.com/pooby and see if you still feel the same. Night and day.
 
  05 May 2013
I'm really interested to see what they do with R15 besides the AE integration that we already know about. Personally I'd like to see a release focused on workflow, performance and the tools many of us complain about on here (modelling, node based materials, large scene speed etc etc). Those aren't headline features though, they aren't sexy.

Maxon's partnership with Adobe and The Foundry merging with Luxology means this is an interesting time. I'm curious to see how Cinema and Modo position themselves, will Cinema move even more towards mograph, will Modo move towards 'production'?
 
  05 May 2013
I am so looking forward to R15 release
__________________

 
  05 May 2013
I am to..
__________________
Dataflow Donation Cinema 4D Beta Tester
 
  05 May 2013
Dear Beta testers,

Could you just post something, anything in fact to the "Future of Cinema 4D" thread that might imply some development progress has taken place although please be non-specific as possible as we're being killed by people realising Softimage is 5 years ahead of us.

Thanks,

The Management....
 
  05 May 2013
Originally Posted by AntimatterVFX: Dear Beta testers,

Could you just post something, anything in fact to the "Future of Cinema 4D" thread that might imply some development progress has taken place although please be non-specific as possible as we're being killed by people realising Softimage is 5 years ahead of us.

Thanks,

The Management....

thats like asking a priest to tell you about someones confession.(its not going to happen)
__________________
Dataflow Donation Cinema 4D Beta Tester
 
  05 May 2013
Originally Posted by AntimatterVFX: Dear Beta testers,

Could you just post something, anything in fact to the "Future of Cinema 4D" thread that might imply some development progress has taken place although please be non-specific as possible as we're being killed by people realising Softimage is 5 years ahead of us.


No beta-tester is going to say anything. Otherwise, pretty soon they won't *be* a beta-tester.
__________________
Steve Pedler personal site www.microbion.co.uk
X-Particles: www.x-particle.com
 
  05 May 2013
he is just trying to make a really weak joke as hrovje works for maxon (as in the management of maxon have asked their beta-testers to jump in and pimp up cinema in this thread).

yawn.

is it really 2013 and these conversations are still going on?

really?

cheers, simon w.
 
  05 May 2013
Obviously the joke was missed.

Given that hsrdelic and dataflow posted what they did it was almost as if they received an email request to go and post something positive in this thread to give the impression R15 was going to deliver.

I know, wasn't all that funny.
 
  05 May 2013
Originally Posted by Simon Wicker:
is it really 2013 and these conversations are still going on?



Yep, it 2013 and C4D is still single threaded. Probably why the conversation goes on.

Those doing paint-overs probably aren't going to notice.
 
  05 May 2013
Originally Posted by Simon Wicker: he is just trying to make a really weak joke as hrovje works for maxon (as in the management of maxon have asked their beta-testers to jump in and pimp up cinema in this thread).


A joke? OIC. So funny.
__________________
Steve Pedler personal site www.microbion.co.uk
X-Particles: www.x-particle.com
 
  05 May 2013
Originally Posted by AntimatterVFX: Yep, it 2013 and C4D is still single threaded. Probably why the conversation goes on.

Those doing paint-overs probably aren't going to notice.


wow. super classy!

like i've never heard that one before. are you a stand up comedian as well as a 3d artist?

because i'm like, really, splitting my sides laughing here.

i know, how about i mention the four years i worked at ILM and you can come back with 'what were you, the janitor?'

cheers, simon w.
 
  05 May 2013
Hey A Nobody aka AntimatterVFX, you are still here, why? You had secret and sacred love to c4d )). Don't deny it.
You chose definitely technical software like hou or softimage. Why? But i never seen you in xpresso or script-related threads.
Honestly i hate node editor, sometimes i feel claustrophobic effect from hard-coded xpresso.
 
  05 May 2013
Originally Posted by IlaySHP: Hey A Nobody aka AntimatterVFX, you are still here, why? You had secret and sacred love to c4d )). Don't deny it.
You chose definitely technical software like hou or softimage. Why? But i never seen you in xpresso or script-related threads.
Honestly i hate node editor, sometimes i feel claustrophobic effect from hard-coded xpresso.


I love C4D despite Maxon, Ilay what's your problem?

I'm not sure how the software we use in our studio relates to my participation in an Xpresso forum? How does Houdini's workflow or ICE relate in anyway to Xpresso discussions?

My knowledge of Xpresso is purely functional. I try not to use it because I've never found the experience all that enjoyable but sometimes it's unavoidable.
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.