Old 05-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
tapaul
Expert

portfolio
Paul Everett
Tools4D
Hessen, Germany

DEM Earth available.

If anyone is been waitting for DEM Earth,it is now available. I am offering DEM Earth for a Limited time at a reduced price until june 3rd, 2013.

I give out an Ultra Big thanks to all those that helped during the test phase of this EPIC plugin!

CinemaPlugins.com..

cheers
Paul Everett

Last edited by tapaul : 05-14-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
ooo
actually my name is odo

Wow, that is just awesome. And the preorder is a very sweet deal. What would be the cost for the optional DEM dataserver subscription?

You rock Paul!

odo

Old 05-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
Jim-H
PRO
portfolio
James Hall
USA

Does the quick start guide explain how to manually download 30m data and satellite imagery to match the data?

I am definitely going to get this.

Nice work.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
kromekat
Daydreamer

portfolio
Adam Benton
Freelance CG Artist
kromekat digital media
United Kingdom

Send a message via ICQ to kromekat Send a message via Yahoo to kromekat
This looks amazing, and as you know from our correspondence in the past, I have a keen interest in landscape generation. I felt though with GigaShader, which seems to have disappeared(?), that I wasn't able to get the best out of it, since there seemed a lot of running around gathering the elements to make it work, and not the clearest of instructions on how to do so.

This at least appears to address a lot of that, but can you explain exactly how the plugin works in terms of the DEM and satellite imagery!? - where and how do you locate this stuff easily?

This is stuff is all now second nature to you, but do you explain clearly how to do it for the numpties amongst us?

Adam

12 core Mac Pro / 2x Mac Pro 8-core ATI5770 / ATI4870
MacBookPro i7 2.66Ghz

Old 05-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
tapaul
Expert

portfolio
Paul Everett
Tools4D
Hessen, Germany

>Does the quick start guide explain how to manually download 30m data
it does.I will also do a tutorial video for this.It is a pita(thats why I have setup the server), but quite doable.

>What would be the cost for the optional DEM dataserver subscription?
The server access is 19 EUR. (of which , I get about 15. after charges) This is to cover the cost of server rental and the hundreds of hours spent setting it up to be a as comfortable as possible for the end user.If anyone does not want to pay the monthly subscription, let me know and I can set somthing else up. You can order the server access at any time.so if you dont think oyu initially need it,you can always order it later.

regards
Paul

Old 05-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #6
Venkman
Don't cross the streams

portfolio
Peter Venkman
Frederick, USA

As I promised - I will order this at lunch. Looks awesome!

Edit - looks like we'll be getting an awesome video on downloading 30m data if we don't want server subscription. Great!

Old 05-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #7
JoelDubin
Lard of the pots
portfolio
Joel Dubin
Creative Director
MadMicrobe
United%2BStates

Out of curiosity, can the DEM landscapes be made editable?

Besides its' intended uses, I can see this tool being useful for custom landscape generation too for vfx and the like.

MadMicrobe
MadMograph (blog)
Behance

Old 05-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #8
Arjo
Frequenter
Artist

Hi Paul,

Does Demearth replace the GigaShader plugin?

Arjo.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #9
jerm
Expert

Jeremy Solterbeck
USA

Not to hijack this thread, the new plug looks amazing, but Paul what happened to CityGen2? I see you coming out with all of this interesting stuff (many of which I've purchased), but for whatever reason CityGen2 has disappeared. We got a lot of tasty previews, and then you decided you couldn't make enough money on it. I must say, Surface Painter and CityGen1 were two of the most useful plugs I ever used. Now I use PaintOnSurface from another developer because Surface Painter is no longer current, and I keep a copy of r8 on my machine for the sole purpose of using CityGen1 when I need it, which is often. I do hope the community here can convince you to finish CityGen2 as it remains a necessity to me to create and customize cityscapes for my work. I think you'd be surprised what you could charge for it.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #10
tapaul
Expert

portfolio
Paul Everett
Tools4D
Hessen, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelOtron
Out of curiosity, can the DEM landscapes be made editable

yes, you just hit current state to object. it is a generator object, generating a polygon surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjo
Does Demearth replace the GigaShader plugin?

in Effect, yes. Making this mighty task significantly easier and more interactive to achieve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromekat
where and how do you locate this stuff easily?

if your on a PC , you can get/use ultimate maps downloader.if your on a mac and you have a virtual version of windows running, same thing. alternative = global mapper (needs skill and knowledge) .alternativly, a simple screen capture of your favorite map browser and a couple of markers is all you need to georeference any image. You can reference anything, all you need is an image and 2 lat/lon coordinates. If you dont have exact coordinates,you can match an image using the geomatching tag interactivly, by hand.its not hard. and you can even do it for multiple overlaping areas(see below image). Its easy, but I will make a small 'howto' video.

Last edited by tapaul : 05-14-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #11
kromekat
Daydreamer

portfolio
Adam Benton
Freelance CG Artist
kromekat digital media
United Kingdom

So shouldn't there be some kind of upgrade path from GigaShader, because that was really hard to use, and not very well documented, therefore didn't really make it easy for it to reach its potential for me, and I imagine quite a few others!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapaul
if your on a PC , you can get/use ultimate maps downloader.if your on a mac and you have a virtual version of windows running, same thing. alternative = global mapper (needs skill and knowledge) .alternativly, a simple screen capture of your favorite map browser and a couple of markers is all you need to georeference any image. You can reference anything, all you need is an image and 2 lat/lon coordinates. If you dont have exact coordinates,you can match an image using the geomatching tag interactivly, by hand.its not hard. and you can even do it for multiple overlaping areas(see below image). Its easy, but I will make a small 'howto' video.

This is what bothers me - and was the same issue with GigaShader - if you are on a Mac, it seems you need to jump through hoops to get anywhere! - if you can provide documentation/video to make this process entirely clear, its a no brainer, and I'm in, otherwise, I can see it being only you being able to use it!

MacBookPro i7 2.66Ghz

Old 05-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #12
tapaul
Expert

portfolio
Paul Everett
Tools4D
Hessen, Germany

>if you are on a Mac, it seems you need to jump through hoops to get anywhere!
Im not sure what you want to hear on this topic , but I still dont own a satalite and I dont have millions of $$$ to invest in worldwide sat imagary for you.This will never change.

its like this. Its never gonna be easy to get sat images. they are owned by large companies who (and quite rightly) dont want you using them for free , at all. You can and ultimatly should go to any commercial site that sells sat images and simply buy them.Its as easy as that.You can georefernce what you buy into DEM earth, with the right projection. If you dont have the right projection, invest ins something like global mapper.That also wont just get highres images for you, but it can greatly assist in reprojecting images.

Otherwise, if your on a mac, just install parallels, get Ultimate maps downloader. Let it do its thing and drag drop the result into C4D for instant gratification.

With DEM Earth , I have solved the DEM elevation problem for you, with a server. I have solved the image referencing problem with the georeferncing tag, in realtime.But it is not possible for me to solve the issue of "obtaining" SAT images for you.For that you have get your own fingers dirty.Its not hard , you just have to accept that you have to do it yourself. DEM Earth does the rest.

regards
Paul

Last edited by tapaul : 05-14-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #13
tapaul
Expert

portfolio
Paul Everett
Tools4D
Hessen, Germany

>I can see it being only you being able to use it
Did you watch the videos? it is as easy as it gets. Anyone can use it and do it, regardless of sat images.It does not even require sat images or any images at all.
However, SAT imagary is a problem that is easilly resolved, even if your on MAC, by installing windows on it.if you don't want to do that , your only solution is to export from google earth as kml , screent grab and georefence images from a browser or, or part with money and buy sat images from reputable sources.

regards
Paul

Old 05-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #14
kromekat
Daydreamer

portfolio
Adam Benton
Freelance CG Artist
kromekat digital media
United Kingdom

Paul, fair enough!

I trust then you are able to make those methods a little clearer!?

Adam

MacBookPro i7 2.66Ghz

Old 05-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #15
kromekat
Daydreamer

portfolio
Adam Benton
Freelance CG Artist
kromekat digital media
United Kingdom

Yes, all videos watched!

I haven't see anything showing the process of locating the dens or sat images, which is what I'm hoping you will/have documented!

I'm not being intentionally negative, I just don't want to invest in another plugin I have to figure out entirely myself, when the process is all very clear to you! - the plugin itself, looks fine and obvious.

Adam

MacBookPro i7 2.66Ghz

Thread Closed share thread