Face shift studio > c4d

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

04 April 2013
Face shift studio > c4d

Hi there,
I am playing with a kinect and FaceShift studio.
I don't want to use FaceShit in real time inside C4D, just export what I have recorded in FaceShift (facial mocap) into C4D.
But for some reason I can't get anything working. I have tried to export my sequence from FaceShift in fbx / bhv without success (twisted geometry / blendshapes not animated).
If anyone have any tips...
Thanks

Last edited by tylerdurden369 : 04 April 2013 at 06:13 PM.

04 April 2013
You can export the morph targets as objs and bvh files.

The bvh files come with both standard bones and fake "morph parameters" bones.

I use those latter ones with expresso to drive the morph tags.

05 May 2013
Howdy,
Originally Posted by tylerdurden369: Hi there,
I don't want to use FaceShit in real time inside C4D, just export what I have recorded in FaceShift (facial mocap) into C4D.
But for some reason I can't get anything working. I have tried to export my sequence from FaceShift in fbx / bhv without success (twisted geometry / blendshapes not animated).
Thanks

Do you have an example file you could send to me. I'd like to test how my CD FBX Import/Export plugin handles it.

Adios,
Cactus Dan

cactus3d.com, cactus3d-Plugins, CD Character Plugins forum

05 May 2013
Just in case it works with CD FBX import, let us know...

05 May 2013
Howdy,
Originally Posted by EricM: Just in case it works with CD FBX import, let us know...

It seems to work with CD FBX Import/Export plugin:
http://www.cactus3d.com/FaceShiftCDFBXImport.mov

Edit:
Of course it needs to be exported in FBX 2010 format for the plugin to read it.

Adios,
Cactus Dan

05 May 2013
Ok, then the next question is : how did you get it to export to FBX2010?

Faceshift only outputs to FBX 2012/2013 here...

I remember buying CD FBX I/O just for that a while back.. but never was able to use it because of that limitation.

I tried Autodesk's FBX converter, but it failed to convert my take to FBX2010 ("not enough parameters" error).

05 May 2013
Howdy,

The file was provided to me for a test back in February. After I posted the request for a file, I remembered getting that email back then, and went back to check if the file was a test from Face Shift and sure enough it was. But I don't know how it was exported.

Does it have any other options for FBX export besides 2012/2013? Perhaps "6.x.x"?

Adios,
Cactus Dan

05 May 2013
You can always grab the free FBX converter from here and use that to convert to an older version of FBX. http://www.autodesk.mx/adsk/servlet...112&id=10775855

Edit- oops missed your comment about it not working for you. It works with simple tests here but then I don't have Faceshift to test with.

Cheers,
Brian

Last edited by Horganovski : 05 May 2013 at 11:52 PM.

05 May 2013
Quote: You can always grab the free FBX converter from here and use that to convert to an older version of FBX.

Erm...
Quote: I tried Autodesk's FBX converter, but it failed to convert my take to FBX2010 ("not enough parameters" error).

I did...

05 May 2013
Howdy,

OK, I got the scoop from the guy who sent me the file. He says the 2013.3 FBX Converter has problems, so he used the 2012.2 FBX Converter:
http://www.autodesk.mx/adsk/servlet...112&id=18817304

So I downloaded the 2012.2 FBX Converter and tried that with the example FBX file from Face Shift's website and it works:
http://www.cactus3d.com/FaceShiftCDFBXImport2.mov

Adios,
Cactus Dan

05 May 2013
OMG! You're right, it does work... That was it.

Thank you so much Dan for the tip...

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by tylerdurden369: Hi there,
Thanks

https://github.com/80prozent/FaceSh...hive/master.zip

08 August 2013
Just a small test with the integrated C4D plugin.

It's a world of difference in usability now. Supports both live streaming and off-line recordings.

http://vimeo.com/70897075

Best,
Eric

08 August 2013
I'm waiting for the new kinekt to come out, then I would like to start using these toys.
Any reason why I would want to use this software and not the much cheaper brekel proface?
Is there a quality difference?

Thanks, Robert

reply share thread