[Plugin] X-Particles V2 Preview1

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #16
Looks great! Waiting in anticipation

Old 04 April 2013   #17
How does X-Particles handle sub-frame emissions?

The two TP hacks I've found haven't been working well for me.

Old 04 April 2013   #18
Originally Posted by LukeLetellier: How does X-Particles handle sub-frame emissions?

The two TP hacks I've found haven't been working well for me.

The subframe emission in XP has been rewritten and extended so it now fully works even with emission from objects, the only limitation is that the emission from voxels/volume only supports the object transforming (animating/PSR) and not the volume changing during the frame.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy, am I or are the others crazy?

Old 04 April 2013   #19
Wow, amazing upgrade. Now this looks "professional" plugin imo.

This make me think about that Maxon should now focus on improving speed of view port/object manager, multi-thread everything and add modelling tools (sculpting and basic modelling), and let the plugin creators do VFX tools. Maxon should also do better SDK for supporting plugin developers to use all C4D features without "hacks", and maybe it would help plugin developers also if physics would have one engine for all.

And i think this only because of new upgrades for X-particle and DPit effex, because those tools will fill the "empty hole"/(most of missing features) in C4D.

This is good time: DPit effex upgrade, Great X-particle upgrade and C4D upgrade in the end of the year, three reasons to live =)

EDIT: And make C4D unlimited. It is bad mistake if plugins will be limited by C4D :S

Last edited by jumamu : 04 April 2013 at 04:33 PM.

Old 04 April 2013   #20
I wonder if more than 10 million particles are supported/drawn in the viewport? (Seeing the counter in the TP Simulation window in the preview video..)

Old 04 April 2013   #21
Damn those limitations.

Last edited by jumamu : 04 April 2013 at 04:32 PM.

Old 04 April 2013   #22
I wonder if more than 10 million particles are supported/drawn in the viewport? (Seeing the counter in the TP Simulation window in the preview video..)

if you want to you could theres no limitations in XP just your system. think its a little crazy to want to do that when you can upscale at render time, you can still work with much higher counts than before

Old 04 April 2013   #23
I'm about 20min into your video. What a well-thought-out and easy to use system. This is a total game-changer for particle effects work in C4D.

Old 04 April 2013   #24
Originally Posted by slouchcorp: if you want to you could theres no limitations in XP just your system. think its a little crazy to want to do that when you can upscale at render time, you can still work with much higher counts than before

thanks, will get back to that

Old 04 April 2013   #25
This is not good. I have to wait for X-Particles 2!

@slouchcorp Has the turbulence been re-written the existing Turbulence in ver 1.2 seems to just work on a particle basis making the particle output more "noisey" whereas the example you showed seemed to affect the swarm as it were. It looks very fluid which is great.

Can't wait any longer!!!

Old 04 April 2013   #26
Hi Rich

Yep new turbulence the modifier has all 3 built in but the new one as you say has a much better fluid movement.

@Tyler. here you go 20million particles displayed in the viewport. not that id want to work with that but you can

cheers
Mike

Old 04 April 2013   #27
The new Turbulence looks superb. Is it the same turbulence than the TP Wind-Node?
www.c4dStuff.com

HB_ModellingBundle

Old 04 April 2013   #28
No nothing in x-particles has come from TP.

Old 04 April 2013   #29
I will definitely buy this plugin when i will need it
I really hope that some day x-particle is bigger, stronger and faster than Cebas thinking particles - keep the development running

Old 04 April 2013   #30
Awesome stuff guys, this and David's pshade/cache plugins are going to really change the type of work done in C4D.

Thread Closed share thread