Cinema 4D Over Filling User Profile in Win7

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #1
Cinema 4D Over Filling User Profile in Win7

Am really not lucky that C4D R14 is using the User Profile for its Preferences Folder, filling with well over 4.3GB of Data/Files.

I do not want my user Profile bloated, but have not had any luck getting this off to another Drive/Folder.

While I can click on Open Preferences Folder, I can navigate to somewhere else, but not set a Patch to change it to. Under the Picture Viewr Cache Path I can.

How can I get this changed?

Cheers

Old 04 April 2013   #2
Windows or mac? You can launch c4d with a -homedir variable to force it to use another folder.

Old 04 April 2013   #3
Windows 7 64Bit.

Will look into, maybe using a switch in the Icon for starting.

Old 04 April 2013   #4
Or look into junction points. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_symbolic_link

I'd assume that your profile needs to be small because of either a user limit set at place of work, or it is on an SSD. having a user profile on your main boot SSD is just plain bad unless you have a decent sized SSD, and since many get small ones for boot disks, software alone will quickly fill that.

Setup your user account with a junction point so that it uses a larger drive and never have these worries again.

Old 04 April 2013   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread